It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the idea of ATS being a right wing echo chamber

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Of course it is still a conspiracy site... but most of the popular conspiracies are decades old. The material is all still here if you search for it but right now, the biggest conspiracies ARE political, like it or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

There is no conspiracy to a lot of the political threads.

Lots of blatant lies though

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just to expand on something Grambler has already eluded to, but I think the major issue here is that those on the left are so far away from centre now, that everything seems to them, right-wing.

It's not that everyone on ATS is a right-winger, it's that so many thoughts that would have put you just right of centre 10 years ago get you labelled alt-right now and damn, if you even mention immigration you're a full on Nazi.

People who have spent their lives thinking they are centre are now being told they are on the dar right. Well if you label everyone with a different opinion to your own, under one umbrella term, you will start to think everyone is the same.

Lots of people agreeing on common sense issues is NOT circle jerking, it's normal and if you think everyone else is circle jerking, it's probably time to look at your own thoughts and decide if you really are as malleable as you probably think you are.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

You think they're lies?

Almost sounds like some kind of... "conspiracy"

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It kind of doesn't help that the single biggest current and possibly biggest ever political conspiracy has been relegated to one repeat megathread.

Anything related to it, ie. ALL current political conspiracy discussion, is in one thread that is on your hottest threads page once every couple of months, for a few days then poof.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I diont think.

I know

Lots of this stuff is easy to verify

Blantant lies
Easily verified

No conspiracy

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So, in your opinion then, not worthy of discussion?

If they're lies and you call them out, well great, that's what this site is all about.

Better we can call out the #£!@posts and deny ignorance right?

Don't forget mate, the posters on this site aren't the biggest community here, the lurkers are. There might be 1,000s of people lurking who will never sign up, but still come back to this site again and again because of the varied opinions and intelligent discourse.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

After today, can't the same be said about any of the hundreds of threads on ATS related to Trump colluding with Russia, Trump obstructing justice, Trump Jr gonna be indicted, the Russian Dossier, Trump this, Trump that? C'mon man, you're literally doing this right now:

Do you not see that?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Another good example.

What abouts

You all are quick to point out and dismiss any hint of what about if it comes from the lef.

Yet there you go

The tit for tat continues

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Um... your argument, itself, is a whatabout. Again, Spiderman points accusingly at Spiderman and fails to even remotely see it. You're myopic.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I'm not left leaning. And I don't care what Grambler admits, I just like seeing him squirm trying to defend his terrible thread. Its nice that you've jumped in to defend him, cute.

If you think this is "priceless" then you have a really low bar, making your post worthless!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh yeah, you seemed really happy with your trigger happy posts riddled with spelling errors, I assume the keyboard was burning red as you rushed to respond to me.

But hey... your echo's have returned to support you, have no fear! You are free to making more trash OP's and receive vindication from the chamber. Quantity over quality right?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
a reply to: Grambler

Oh yeah, you seemed really happy with your trigger happy posts riddled with spelling errors,

Internet Rule #352... When you find yourself going Grammar Police in a snap back, you've essentially admitted you've lost the argument and are hacking at the weeds.

(post by SeenItBelieveIt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hilarious as usual.

I've been told off by the man child known as "The Abovetopsecret Avenger".

Have a glorious day, make another Trump thread and complain that the left make too many Trump threads.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

Hey man, your ceaseless replies are making it hard to hear the echo in here! LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

its pretty clear which direction this particular mod leans

glad i am not the only one who sees it

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
It must hurt that these comic book characters you seem to worship so much and their actors wouldn't want you as a fan.

What comic book did Captain 'Murica with his confederate flag armor come from, again?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

its pretty clear which direction this particular mod leans

Um... I don't think I've ever denied being far right in my posting on ATS. In fact, I've always been very upfront about it. I'm sorry you're verclempt about being on a website with a moderator who embraces conservative ideology in his posting habits. ATS isn't HuffPo or Tumblr, and that seems to be a problem for you...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

what bothers me as how you handle things of late

give this long post about how personal insults are not allowed

i am personally insulted daily here

nothing ever done about that

lets keep it going

your posting habits are not what i have a problem with

its how you moderate

as of late anyway

top topics