It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best and Worst States for Taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Taxes are just one factor.
Real estate prices.
Food prices.

California is 12th in taxes but you can't afford the expenses to live there.

So WA has zero state tax, sales tax is about 8%, property tax can not exceed 1% of the value...so how is it worst than OR that doesn't have sales tax, but taxes the crap out of everything else including gas. Property tax is about 1.2% and state tax is some of the highest in the country.

They are including Vehicle taxes too. If I remember correctly WA is pretty high.

When you look at the map, one has to wonder what is going on with WA? It almost looks like the Midwest when it comes to taxes!!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

They are including Vehicle taxes too. If I remember correctly WA is pretty high.

When you look at the map, one has to wonder what is going on with WA? It almost looks like the Midwest when it comes to taxes!!

I pay about 40 to 80 bucks per car, my state tax in OR would be about 1200 per month...lol

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My state does horribly with taxes (worst decile) and job availability is low to boot.

But that is to be expected in the rust belt, ravaged by monopolistic unions, then by trade, and left with the maintenance after they all leave.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join