It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar On Notre Dame Cathedral Fire...It’s Just Some "Art and Architecture"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I don't like her, but I'm failing to see the problem here. 
I never was good at manufacturing outrage.

This.

I get that the post is sort of contrived and deliberately overlooks the value to some as a religious site. I don't know why you'd expect otherwise from her, though. No sense trying to get yourself worked up about this lady doing what she does.

While her 9/11 comments were perhaps callous (and her response was even worse), over all in context I didn't see anything to be "outraged" about.

You're supposed to be the grownups. If you let yourself get driven into a lather by this stuff, you're no different than the "triggered snowflakes" you're constantly railing against.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

An argument could be made that she is not a fan of western civilization (as she said it was a product of genocide) and therefore she is intentionally not mentioning the religious significance of Notre Dame. 

Right, but so what?

I'm with you. This is only "useful" in the sense of showing you how she thinks and feels. We already know what she thinks and feels about the US and West in general.

It's one thing to sigh and recognize what it is, another all together to get worked up about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'll own up to it and act like a grown up. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

The fact is, I was pissed, because IMO, Omar showed a lack of apathy, by not referring to the Christians around the world, who are grieving over this tragedy. Since she's a political figure, this should of been done and it would've done a lot to improve her image, due to her past statements.

I'll admit, I'm biased, because I do not like or trust her, because I believe she harbors deep-seated anti-Semitic views and probably is not a big fan of Christians either. Is this a fact? No it isn't. It's my interpretation based on statements she has made in the past, along with the questionable groups that she associates with.

I'm sorry that I mislead or upset people with the title of my thread. It was done unintentionally, because I was upset and I now realize I should of worded it better.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

ou can't expect her to fall all over herself saying it is a Christian symbol.

True and many Christian see it as materialistic and idolatry not at all what Jesus was about.They sell even the looking at fake cross splinters and the "crown of thorns".
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

— Matthew 21:12–13

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I'll own up to it and act like a grown up. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

The fact is, I was pissed, because IMO, Omar showed a lack of apathy, by not referring to the Christians around the world, who are grieving over this tragedy. Since she's a political figure, this should of been done and it would've done a lot to improve her image, due to her past statements.

I'll admit, I'm biased, because I do not like or trust her, because I believe she harbors deep-seated anti-Semitic views and probably is not a big fan of Christians either. Is this a fact? No it isn't. It's my interpretation based on statements she has made in the past, along with the questionable groups that she associates with.

thats fair enough man.

we all have our biases and such.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hasn't her ideology tried to burn this building down multiple times now?
Unsuccessfully I might add...

AOC look out!
Omar is quickly becoming my new favorite leftist stooge. At this rate Trump won't even have to campaign to secure the 2020 election. Leftist globalist pose far greater threat to the sanctity of our nation than all white nationalist groups combined. The more people like AOC and Omar are allowed to talk, the more people come to this realization.

Deplatform?
No.
Give them a bigger soap box and some rope I say. Fools will inevitably hang themselves taking their radical ideology with them.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
but since people are up in arms about a politician saying something that lacks apathy are you also concerned with the president lacking the same thing?

because

twitter.com...

So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
get those flying water tankers ready.

like right now

there is a yuge emergency

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And yet where's your outrage over the complete lack of comments over the fire at the al-Aqsa mosque?

Notre Dame may be a beautiful piece of architecture and art but al-Aqsa is the third most holy site in all of Islam.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's interesting to note that last weekend
Ilhan Omar got a roasting from Fox News
and evidently, it's own viewer of one

In a seemingly coordinated tactic by certain ATS members
a huge amount of replies to any given post
now includes the obligatory "yeah but Ihan Omar ..."

The weekend before, it was AOC's turn for a burn
again, lead by Fox, again on ATS, certain ATS members
who could only come up with petty jabs as an argument

Even more interesting:
The same posters each time
check this out : start thread

The same responders there
are here on this thread now and will be later, too
with the same rhetoric

Yet mods condone the 'derailing' ...

Last night, in a totally unrelated thread ("That Church" in France)
Once again, the same responders piled in with their un-necessary
and above all, given the context, unwanted agenda

Starts here : Page 13 onwards

Not a cool state of affairs, just sayin', ok
That being said, there's been a serious outbreak
of Fox Enabled Encephalitic Menticide
and Mods can't or won't stop it !

This illness manifests itself in many forms
(Mods can't see 'm, keep yer peelers peeled)

Often, the evening's hive leader will throw out a quick one
test the waters, see who's around, get a reaction
a passive/agressive reply, but 'loaded'

like a bone to a dog ... will it get licked, gnored on or bitten first ?

Maybe, just maybee babycakes,
the reply gains traction (or legs)
quick, quiiiick get the crew in !

How best to attract the attention of hounds !?

Oh, wait what ?
A whistle ?
Yaaaaay

But why's it orange ?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

lol must be nazis

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Or could it be when Omar or AOC say things that become big news people on ATS comment on it?

Nah, must be that evil FOX NEWS!!!!

I wonder what news you are watching to come up with all of these anti trump threads?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean you call out people posting about Omars comments. Then you have hard hitting important non gossipy threads like trump telling a kid about Santa Clause

Whilst some people wish Christmas goodwill and cheer
Trump just pi$$es all over it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stop complaining about mods not taking down what you don't like and be the change you want to see in others.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She didnt say what you said she said.
Not at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Obviously not a fan of saying anyone should be assassinated.

I didn't see that or I would have called it out.

But I have yet to see people call for the deaths of (insert left wing politician), but perhaps I missed it.

I have seen prominent members call for the death of Trump, and if he gets too powerful all of his supporters, as they are all defending white supremacy and fascism. I then saw many other prominent members defend that statement.

So yeah there are loons on all sides that we should all call out.

But a poster making threads about Trump talking about santa complaining people talking about omars comments must be led by fox news?

nah, I will pass on humoring that.

edit on Tue Apr 16 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

i linked the post above

make of it what you will

but considering the person who posted and the stuff they usually post you know and i know exactly what that person is trying to say.

just saying it without saying.

if they came right out with it they would probably be banned

then again maybe not...
par for the course these days

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yeah that's not a good comment.

But still, what does that have to do with what that poster was saying on this thread?

SO one person says something like that, and suddenly this is a big conspiracy with Fox news pushing ats posters to post about Omar and AOC?

meanwhile many members on here have wished harm on trump or his family, and even his supporters.

But I just want to understand.

Trump supporters are white supremacist and fascist apologist, and if some miracle enough of them surface (says Trumps popularity surges enabling him to enact more of his policies) then you feel the amount of violence against them should increase in kind?

Response

If the threat warrants it, yes.

Anything or anyone which supports, harbours, assists or aids the rise of the far right and the fascist element, must be opposed by whatever means are most effective at the time, proportional to the threat, up to and including all out war in the streets.

So yeah we can go tit for tat.

But that none of this means the guy posting Trump threads talking about santa is on to something when he claims the mods are allowing fox news to infiltrate ats because people comment on Omar and aoc.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Not that word that begins with a 'C' and ends in a 'T' ?
sounds like ohhh my god cover my ears noohhhn

They can't be helped....
let 'em keep trinking to their own reality

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Um, what terrible thing am I supposed to be reading here? I don't care for her, but this is fake news!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join