It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar On Notre Dame Cathedral Fire...It’s Just Some "Art and Architecture"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
".It’s Just Some "Art and Architecture""

*looks at linked tweet*

uhh?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Funny how everybody is afraid of using the word "Muslim" and those afraid of using it are also the ones calling out racists left and right.. Not saying a muslim did it.. but if it was, he/she could burn all of Paris down, and everybody would blame it on lightning or white men

They would definitely blame it on Trump rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
As a congressperson she's elected to represent ALL Americans of ALL faiths.

You're elected to represent your constituency, not all Americans, that's the point of Congress.

Exactly. Congresspeople are supposed to represent a hypothetical average person in their district so that those people's concerns can be expressed and added to the mix when decisions are made. It's another way to help keep the cruel majority from dominating and controlling the entire country, particularly when it comes to people from smaller and more divergent cultural and socioeconomic areas getting their say.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Exactly. Congresspeople are supposed to represent a hypothetical average person in their district...

That would only be the case with 100% turnout, they represent the people who elected them.

edit on 16-4-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I find this reaching. She says enough actual stupid stuff we don't need to do that.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I consider Omar an anti-American coward that hides behind her identity and religion to say anything she wants and push agendas that would enable America's enemies.

But this tweet?

Meh.

Not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You know, I actually don't see anything wrong with her tweet in this instance. Nobody died, so she's not trivializing anything and, frankly, if the shoe were on the other foot and it was Mecca that had burnt, I'd be perfectly fine with the only significance attributed to it from commenters of the Christian persuasion being "It was unfortunate to see antiquities and the architecture destroyed" and be done with it. Of all the repugnant, insipid, hateful, and stupid things the woman has said, this isn't among them.

Dae

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I can't wait to hear from her admirers, coming up with lame excuses, justifying her apathetic tweet.

Seems like a lot of her critics have spoken in this thread, finding her tweet acceptable.

Maybe take something good from all of this? Looking for things to be outraged at is similar to crying wolf, save your rage for when you need it. (Plus it kinda makes you look like a weak sensitive snowflake lol you dont want that right?!)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

I respectfully disagree. As a congressperson she's elected to represent ALL Americans of ALL faiths.

BULLSCHIFF!!! That's an idiotic game the left plays, not a position a Conservative should be endorsing. She was sent to DC to represent the individuals who voted for her... which is why I hold an utter lack of respect for those voters, they chose an imbecile to be their representative, their voice in Congress. She speaks for them, not for any who did not vote for her or any outside of her district. When I voted for my representative, I did not do so for him to represent Muslims, Atheists, or other... I voted for him to represent my Christian beliefs, period. I expect the majority Muslim voters in Omar's district, the aforementioned imbeciles, did the same.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Lol.

Some of you guys are just as bad as the loony left.

Why are you people going out of your way to feel offended?

SMDH

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Exactly. Congresspeople are supposed to represent a hypothetical average person in their district

So , are the hypothetical (meaning possibly not real ?) average person in a Congressperson's district US citizens or not ?
I imagine so as they hypothetically vote.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some people think a Qu'ran thrown in a toilet is art.

Although Omar wouldn't like it very much.

So as usual she's full of snip.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, maybe the system is flawed, if we allow people like her from running in the first place. Those "aforementioned imbeciles," according to Omar's facebook page, "are the most insightful, politically engaged constituents of this country." Like another poster stated, she's an "anti-American coward," with no business holding office in this country...PERIOD

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Hey OP

why did you lie and sensationalize the thread title?

whats the purpose?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

We don't disagree on that and there are mountains of evidence clearly proving that her election to Congress was one of the worst mistakes this country's voters have ever made as well as a very dark blot on the nation's Congressional record... so my point is there's no reason to inflate a non-asinine comment by her into something more sinister when we're surrounded by a treasure trove of face-valued reasons she shouldn't be a Congresswoman. She has already given her haters a fertile field waiting to be planted, so why are you tilling the rocky dry ground next to those fields?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree with many on this thread, Not a fan of hers but I see no reason to be upset about this tweet.

However, I will play devils advocate.

Its not just this tweet in a vacuum, its in context with what else she has said.

Such as the 9-11 some people did something business.

An argument could be made that she is not a fan of western civilization (as she said it was a product of genocide) and therefore she is intentionally not mentioning the religious significance of Notre Dame.

And she most certainly would have mentioned religious significance had a famous mosque caught fire, and probably criticized any republican that failed to praise the religious significance in their remarks.

My argument against all of that devils advocate position is meh. I don't really care. I am not going to get worked up over something so small. She expressed sympathy, that's good enough for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

In your opinion, why did she even bother referencing "art and architecture" in her tweet? You think it might be due to an iconic cathedral, that's one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, that nearly burnt down in Paris? Explain to me how this was sensationalized by me?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I respect your opinion. I'm just weighing her tweet, along with all the other questionable things she has stated in the past, along with who she associates with. IMO, this all adds to her lack of sincerity, in regards to her views on other people's faiths.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Exactly how I feel.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

In your opinion, why did she even bother referencing "art and architecture" in her tweet? You think it might be due to an iconic cathedral, that's one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, that nearly burnt down in Paris? Explain to me how this was sensationalized by me?

Its not about my opinion.

I asked you a question.

You lied and sensationalized.

Why?

Cant answer with a question.

Its your thread

You did it for a reason so own it

It was sensationalized cause you said she said something that she dint in fact say

Youre pushing an agenda just like the jesuit
edit on 16-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join