It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar On Notre Dame Cathedral Fire...It’s Just Some "Art and Architecture"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Would I be asking too much from Ilhan Omar to be respectful, compassionate and classy? The fact that she has made some "questionable" remarks concerning the Jewish faith in the past, as well as being palsy-walsy with the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), proves she doesn't possess any of those traits. Not too long ago, Omar also demanded the release of a terrorist...a Muslim Brotherhood Senior Member, imprisoned in Egypt. Louis Farrakhan referred to her as "sweatheart," as he praised Omar for her past anti-Semitic language, saying she has “nothing to apologize for.”

Should we be surprised then, that Omar couldn't mention the Catholic faith, when describing the tragic fire at the iconic Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris? Would Omar have mentioned the Islam religion, or Muslim faithful, if something devastating happened to the The Great Mosque of Mecca, or the Dome of the Rock in the Old City of Jerusalem? In her tweet below, she mentions about bringing "people together in important ways." News flash Omar, this cathedral isn't just an architectural landmark, it's a building that had become emblematic to the Christian faith, one that had stood it's ground for nearly nine centuries. I can't wait to hear from her admirers, coming up with lame excuses, justifying her apathetic tweet.

edit on 4/16/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It was a beautiful church.

The kind of church you fantasize about marrying your brother in....

#dreamwedding

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am completely against what Omar stands for and most of what she says, but I cannot find fault in this tweet. It sounds very respectful to me. You can't expect her to fall all over herself saying it is a Christian symbol. If you want to get right down to it, Notre Dame was built during the Inquisition and the Crusades, not exactly the Happy Hour of Christianity, particularly for Muslims or anyone else who did not toe the Christian party line at the time.
edit on 4/16/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Muslims do tend to destroy anything that has to do with other religions not of the Islam religion. They have been conditioned to believe their way is the only way. I thought her statement was what I would expect of a Muslim trying to be super polite at the time. They would not feel bad this building burnt, but might sympathize with people who got hurt trying to put out the fire. Now if it was a Islam holy place, she would be very upset.

You have to remember her faith, it determines how a person interprets good and evil. Muslims interpret good and evil differently than Christians and American society does, and it is unlikely that they can be deprogrammed if they come here and remain in their religion.

I have nothing against Muslims, I try to understand their ways but their ways and the society we have created and live in differs quite a bit.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agree.
OP is reaching.
There is plenty of things to criticize her for, but this is not one of them.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No fan of hers but I think you’re overreacting here and just looking to be outraged. The art and architecture of that building are both prominent features of that majestic building, a testament to human ingenuity and skill that can be appreciated by all people regardless of their religious beliefs. Myself for example have no emotional response to the religious aspect of that building but fully understand and appreciate the historical, architectural and artistic value associated to it. It’d be the same thing if Haiga Sophia went ablaze, it would be a tragedy that could be appreciated by all people regard of religious beliefs. iIt’s just a magnificent building with so much history both Christian and Muslim, one of the great ancient domed buildings. Why are people so offended when others don’t acknowledge their chosen mythical beliefs?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It’s Just Some "Art and Architecture"

She didn't say the exact word.

Why are you trying to stir sh*t up here?

I'd bet you sheet stir for living you boring creature!
edit on 16-4-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I respectfully disagree. As a congressperson she's elected to represent ALL Americans of ALL faiths. The fact that she couldn't mention the Christian faith speaks volumes. Her tweet would've been more compassionate towards her fellow Muslims, if, like I stated, a historic Islamic landmark had been destroyed.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

No, that's a specialty of Omar....you know, stirring up #.

edit on Tue Apr 16 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Well, for one thing, some of us DO NOT view our faith as "mythical."

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I don't like her, but I'm failing to see the problem here.
I never was good at manufacturing outrage.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Nice lie of a thread title.

She didnt say that

You and the jesuit are working hard on this.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

And, therein lies the problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I've reread the tweet a few times now. I'm trying to figure out the part where terrible things are said? Was it the part about how art and architecture connect people throught their differences or the part where she was praying for the first responders trying to save the church? Which part exactly was the terrible part?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

As much as I dislike this woman, I didn't find anything wrong in her post.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Eeeh, I don't like ignorant anti-Americans that marry their brothers but I didn't see what the title rep'd in this tweet.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

As a congressperson she's elected to represent ALL Americans of ALL faiths.

You're elected to represent your constituency, not all Americans, that's the point of Congress.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

And, therein lies the problem.

That's your opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Can't stand this woman, but this tweet would not be one of the reasons.

One should ward against making distant and unsound associations, and then drawing conclusions. The left already has plenty of people who do this way too much. Why emulate their bull#?

She says plenty to criticize without having to reach.

Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Funny how everybody is afraid of using the word "Muslim" and those afraid of using it are also the ones calling out racists left and right.. Not saying a muslim did it.. but if it was, he/she could burn all of Paris down, and everybody would blame it on lightning or white men

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join