It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tax a bust

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: interupt42

Again with these stupid math comments. The taxes were done by a professional tax account with 20 plus years and previously worked for the IRS .

You did hear that not even the "professional tax accountants with 20 plus years and previously worked with the IRS" got their "ducks in a row" with the new tax codes in time , yes ?
You didnt , did you ?
All over the news...

That is why you file an extension and use a second accountant.
However, I don't see a big change either way to switch me to the "this change was awesome" crowd. Hopefully I'm wrong but as it stands now I'm not too impressed.

edit on 30430America/ChicagoTue, 16 Apr 2019 08:30:27 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you are basing that on the return alone then you are misguided. You paid less in taxes throughout the year.

I'm not, and no return here. I'm basing that on total taxes I paid this year and last year.

I paid 25% less in taxes than compared to 2017.

Thats great for you, It appears that I'm paying around 4% less overall this year, which I consider meh.
Like I said I wasn't saying it worst then before, but certainly nothing impressive from my experience and my family and friends experience.
Still paying way too much

edit on 41430America/ChicagoTue, 16 Apr 2019 08:41:51 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Gothmog

Again with these stupid math comments. The taxes were done by a professional tax account with 20 plus years and previously worked for the IRS .

You did hear that not even the "professional tax accountants with 20 plus years and previously worked with the IRS" got their "ducks in a row" with the new tax codes in time , yes ?
You didnt , did you ?
All over the news...

That is why you file an extension and use a second accountant.
However, I don't see a big change either way to switch me to the "this change was awesome" crowd. Hopefully I'm wrong but as it stands now I'm not too impressed.

No hoping about it
You are.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Not looking for a fight or anything, but without context, your rant seems a bit empty.

Its not a rant, its just my anecdotal experience I had this year and so have my friends and I'm not looking to fight either or prove anything to anyone.

IMO I don't see this tax reform as anything worth getting excited about. I'm not saying its worse its just meh.

In your defense without knowing your taxes, I am guessing that your accountants itemized the same way as they do every year. Thus, why you feel 'meh'.

Our accountant showed us that if we itemize our home office as we have done previously are refund would have been 'meh'. So we simply did not seek out those itemized deductions.

We may rely on an accountant to file but we always sit there and understand why and how they file our taxes.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

LOL, 90% of middle income people got a tax cut.

I never said that I didn't get a tax cut. What I said was that I wasn't impressed with it and nothing to brag about.

How about you post your taxes from last year and this year for us to take a look through

Sure as long as you promise to keep it only between you and me, lol

In other words, the NYT is admitting they've brainwashed the masses and they are so dumb they ignore the evidence of their actual taxes in favor of the propaganda the media filled their minds with because.... reasons?

I don't read or listen to the NYT or any of the MSM news sources .

I calculated the percentage saved based on my income from last year to what I paid in taxes total , to my income this year and what I paid in taxes total this year. The result was a little better but still meh around 4% .

edit on 59430America/ChicagoTue, 16 Apr 2019 08:59:59 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Just to rule that out we ended up for filing for an extension to go through it, but so far I don't see any big changes in savings.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Username rotation...Tuesday is scheduled for a different silly username to complain & bash POTUS.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
Username rotation...Tuesday is scheduled for a different silly username to complain & bash POTUS.

Are you really drinking that trump koolaid via a beer bong to make such a silly equivalent comment?

Look at my post history and you will see i'm no lefty. it appears that the fanatical party supporters on both sides like to use the same tactic when smelling a turd which allows them to think its a rose.

Just to clear up the record that there is no agenda here. I think the Left has gone Full retard mode and while I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary last election, the left has nothing to offer this coming election from what I have seen that is any better than trump. So sadly Trump will be the lesser evil once again but atleast he has exposed the MSM for being the farce it is , just wish he would expose foxnews as well.

edit on 32430America/ChicagoTue, 16 Apr 2019 09:32:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Just to rule that out we ended up for filing for an extension to go through it, but so far I don't see any big changes in savings.

Sounds like a good plan. Hoping it does get better than 4% for you. So many refuse to consider double checking or trying to do things differently but when tax laws change, one has to consider different ways of filing.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nearly every single income group paid less in taxes thanks to the Republican tax cuts. And they increase every year for I think the next six years.

It's verifiable fact and embarrassing that people (and the media) either pretend it's not or literally cannot figure it out.

I'm family of 4 making under 150k and we paid much less in taxes.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Not looking for a fight or anything, but without context, your rant seems a bit empty.

Its not a rant, its just my anecdotal experience I had this year and so have my friends and I'm not looking to fight either or prove anything to anyone.

IMO I don't see this tax reform as anything worth getting excited about. I'm not saying its worse its just meh.

It's just that the math seems to contradict your story, and without numbers, it kind of sounds made up. I'm sorry that it seems that way, but it's how it appears.

The tax break isn't a huge amount of money, but to some, it's more than crumbs. We paid less in during the year, and some may get less back, or those who pay, may pay a bit more at the end, but when coupled with the savings throughout the year, its a net gain. It's not 2+2 =4 math, so I get that some have difficulty with it.

And I'm not sure it's going to help the economy in the long term, but that will have to be seen in a longer span than just 1 year.

I personally got my first refund in years ,federal, and had to pay State a few hundred. Overall, a better year tax wise than others. I'd suggest before you resign yourself to the fact that you got hosed, you do a bit of checking into your overall position, and see if you didn't actually do a little better than you are thinking.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Sounds like a good plan. Hoping it does get better than 4% for you. So many refuse to consider double checking or trying to do things differently but when tax laws change, one has to consider different ways of filing.

Thanks I hope so too.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's just that the math seems to contradict your story, and without numbers, it kind of sounds made up. I'm sorry that it seems that way, but it's how it appears.

Perhaps you missed my post above but I stated that I paid about 4% less this year than last year , based on my income to total tax paid.

Like I said before Its not that its worse and certainly a step in the right direction but its certainly not some big deal either its meh. What worries me is the trump koolaid drinkers accepting this as a major win when in reality its not and therefore nothing else will be done about it and our taxes will sneakily continue to go back up.

Republicans should demand better than this crap and not get complacent for getting a little less raped, is the moral of the story here.

edit on 54430America/ChicagoTue, 16 Apr 2019 09:54:59 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42 I just think that those deductions we get for charity and mortgage interest and for medical expense above a certain percent of gross income are real tax savers. I am not wealthy but I have usually received a return on my taxes withheld. And since I have retired, we have received all of our tax money refunded. Naturally I have no problem with the tax rates. But back when I was working and made 80 to 100 grand a year I did not get back all that I paid, but I didn't feel like I was overtaxed. What do you think would be a fair tax rate?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Did mine yesterday , I went from getting $1000 back to this year only getting $100 - Before anyone says that I got a raise because they took less out of each check , Well a extra $20 here and there isn't even noticeable .

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm glad you clarified your point. In the OP, it sounded like you were worse off, which I'd have to see proof of. But I'm OK with small steps, as long as they are followed by more small steps. I do agree that we need to get spending under control, and not act like the drunken sailor on shore leave.

In my state, our conservative governor had a plan to increase teacher pay over a period of time. He was able to have money set aside for catastrophes, (that did happen) and still follow through with his plan. He was voted out due to the Transgender movement and HB1, and now we have a liberal who wasn't good at he previous job and not very good at his current job, and I wish for Pat McCrory to return. Point is, change takes time to do it right, and it might not all happen at the instant we wish it did. I believe with patience, my governor will be re-elected, and his path will continue. Everyone just needed to see what the end result of virtue signaling brought.

And amazingly enough, right after the election, nobody seemed to give a rats ass about the few transgenders who all of the sudden couldn't pee, almost as if they were used to further a cause, then discarded.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I didnt owe or get anything back this year, usually I get a few hundred back.
I said, I thought I was getting a tax break....so I compared this years paycheck stubs from last years...yes I save my stubs.
Calculated out, the feds took 800ish dollars LESS out of my weekly pay than they did the previous year.
So i figure i made about 600 more than i did before the tax break.
It doesn't matter what your refund was, what matters is how much was taken out of your check every week or 2 weeks....it should have been less.
Mine was, my wife's was, and everyone at my workplace had less taken out of their checks.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I don't even like a flat tax (income tax), I prefer a consumption tax. Pay for what you're using.

Agree 100%, as long as you aren't talking about a VAT tax...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Did mine yesterday , I went from getting $1000 back to this year only getting $100 - Before anyone says that I got a raise because they took less out of each check , Well a extra $20 here and there isn't even noticeable .

ZONK 😆

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Hmm...20 x 52 weeks = 1040. Seems you don't know how to save your own money. You may be better off changing your tax deduction so Uncle Sam can use your money interest free, so you can feel like a winner next year and get that big refund check for 1140.00!

Edit add: or even better, since 20 here or there is not noticeable to you...double up on your tax and get the windfall of $2280! Talk about winning! Woohoo!
edit on 4 16 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join