It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a long commute to work? Drive This!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Jiao Yang, of the Tsinghua University in China, won the Ballard Technology Prize at the 2005 Canadian international auto show. The 'Highway Speed Hotway' concept design is intended for long distance travel.
The car has wheel covers that stay stationary while the car is in motion. It really reminds me of some Sci-fi car designs.

Links:

en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca...
www.alias.com...
www.tenlinks.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It does look cool... do the stationary wheel covers actually achieve anything other than look good? Just a strange thing to pick out. What's so good about it for long journey's?

Reading the the link I think you're a bit misleading

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorry I don't mean to mislead, I don't really see how I mislead anyone.
I found a picture of a concept car that I thought looked cool. I provided information based on the links I posted. Here is some information direct from those links.

Jiao Yang

Academy of Arts & Design - Tsinghua University

General introduce:
1.This concept is for the future highway. Especially when we traveling between stalemate cities. This concept is for long distance trips. So I want to get a speedy car, not for short distance, such as playing in park.
2 if this concept is support clean energy ,maybe fuel batteries
3 electro motion automotive 4x4
4 has a wheel cover on each wheel, the cower is still keep stand when driving, in order to protecting pas.sers.by.

The covers look cool thats why I mentioned them in the original post. As it says above the covers are in place for protection from the electro motion wheels.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Cool. I'd buy that!! Where can I get one and how much!??

apc

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Those covers would significantly reduce drag and turbulence across the wheel surface too.
Ill take one with a tactile feedback Gillian Anderson heliodisplay.. please.

> make that two.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by apc]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Little bit of grammer was lost in translation on that panphlet.
very cool however.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sorry bit confused here. The covers protect passersby? How?

I'm pretty sure if I got hit by a vehicle doing 100, wheel protectors isn't going to protect me from turning into the man with the detachable head..

If you went UNDER the vehicle, well...the tires need to make contact with the road in order to move the car, so you'd still be run over, the wheel covers don't protect you there either?

And what would the fun be of burnouts if ya can't see the tires spinning?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I'm pretty sure if I got hit by a vehicle doing 100, wheel protectors isn't going to protect me from turning into the man with the detachable head..

I don't know the technology but the chart says that the wheel is an electro-motion engine. Perhaps with out the cover the engine can hurt someone. Obviously if you get run over by a car you will get hurt or die.
I wish there was more info available on this technology.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Very shway, I'll take one with a satelite onnection please.

I've seen alot of concept cars, this is one of my favorites.

Here are a couple of sci-fi futuristic cars:

Toyota Fine-N
Toyota Sportivo
Jeep Treo
Toyota RSC
Toyota PM (My favorite)
Toyota Fine-S (looks like the posters)
Peugeot Moonster

These came from: razimus.com...
Under the first car section.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Im not understanding how the wheel is an electro-motion engine, or what exactly an electro-motion engine is. Im assuming, based on the rest of the text, that something else was meant to be said but was lost in translation.

Either way, the thing looks like a mechanical nightmare. I hope that if they ever get around to building something like that they leave a few seams so the vehicle doesn't become nearly impossible to repair.

Im still waiting for that whole wheel system thing-a-ma-jig from I,Robot to come about, I loved the idea they came up with.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think an electro-motion engine is a braking system where electricity is generated by the wheel-brake system, I saw a show about this on the History channel.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I know Ford is using that kind of system on its new SUV hybrid, the energy, generated by braking action, is used to recharge the system, but power mostly comes from the flywheel which acts as a huge alternator. And even then it's not in any way an "engine", just a generator. This is why Im curious as to what they mean when they call their wheels a engine.

I dunno, maybe Im just being too picky

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think an electro-motion engine is a braking system where electricity is generated by the wheel-brake system, I saw a show about this on the History channel.

no...its called regenerative braking.

I also dont understand the wierd wheel concept???

It reminds me mostly of the Audi in the movie I,Robot.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think its just suppose to be ahsteticly pleasing and futury looking, to get peoples interests.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Nice cars, See if I can buy some!

Anyway more of the same please.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The designer did with the Ballard Technology Prize for this, so there must be more information somewhere.

Perhaps it's top secret

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I would think the stationary part of the wheel would react with the moving part using magnetics to generate electricity.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Not too bright are we, how can an engine be a braking system? I have heard of this sort of braking system though.

I believe the electro-motion is just electro-magentic (strong) power, kinda like, I saw once a prof. (can't remember the name) on a documentary where he wrapped LOTS of copper around a metal pole then directly connected it to the 240v wall socket (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME) and believe it or not the copper LIFTED just like something out of a movie!

(It also got extremly hot in seconds!!! Amazing so it is realtivly easy to create a car just like this/these but it's whole diferent ball game trying to power it unless you drive around with extension cable plugged in!

Think of the using the earth as a magnet then get another magnet to repel the earth and voila you have a UFO in the making. SIMPLE! Again DO NOT try this at home you will hurt yourself!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow, I'm loving that car. Actually, it looks ALOT like the cars in I, Robot which they said would be the cars in the future.

That's the best picture I found of it with a quick search. But I think they have a very similar look.

Ohh edit, didn't see you already said this Murcielago.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Omniscient]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I love the pics.

nice post, maybe I can post some pics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join