It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If moving asylum seekers is illegal for the government

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Lumenari

You can say the same thing about the republicans. But we are talking about literally right here, and right now. Trump wants to flood sanctuary cities with migrants. He's literally using them as political pawns.

Sanctuary cities are the ones that welcome asylum seekers and illegal immigrants, by definition.

Trump is trying to give them exactly what they want.

I would assume you would be all behind the effort.

Or is that just hypocrisy I smell?

And a little education about American political history....

Democrats owned slaves.

The Republican party was formed to free them.

So no, I really can't say the same about Republicans.

edit on 15-4-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You can say the same thing about the republicans. But we are talking about literally right here, and right now. Trump wants to flood sanctuary cities with migrants. He's literally using them as political pawns.

LOL I swear I saw this same stance being used by a famous bot on Twitter who instantly replies to ALL Trump’ tweets with the 4am talking points of the day.

It’s a daily brainwashing you’re not even aware you are a victim anymore.

Because either you are the bot or your opinion is being shaped from propaganda.
edit on 15/4/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

a reply to: timequake

Exactly. The dems want border security, where did this whole thing that they want completely open borders come from?

You do know the political parties of the US are coolitions right? This is why you have multiple tiers of government to stop crazies that want complete open borders. But it just seems people only focus on those crazies, AOC comes to mind.

If Trump had it his way, he's build a literal wall from coast to coast, 20ft high, with phalanx cannons atop every 50ft.

Irrespective of walls, I think most reasonable ppl would agree laws, with regards to processing "asylum seekers" need to be changed with all possible expidition.

I hear Trump asking, but I hear silence from the other side.

You don't like Trump, fine, but the citizens deserve better than the "obsruct at all cost" BS of the left. Don't you think?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You're quote mining to paint a bad picture here.

Those people seeking Asylum are literally being shoved through the Mexican system right up to the US. People are rushing to their aid to help them until things can be settled, and that involves sending them back. I think it's called compassion for other humans?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Stop bringing up slavery leading to the civil war. You are changing the subject, which has no relevance in today's world or subject at hand.

Also, I live in Canada where immigration is celebrated and we took in a massive chunk of refugees and asylum seekers from the ME.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Right, it's all brainwashing.

When you can't think of an actual argument you just insult someones mental state.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

President Trump appears on the verge of giving in to sanctuary city mayors and politicians. Their "welcoming open arms" will soon be filled with immigrants that can no longer be held, due to the 20 day limitation.

www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Stop bringing up slavery leading to the civil war. You are changing the subject, which has no relevance in today's world or subject at hand.

Also, I live in Canada where immigration is celebrated and we took in a massive chunk of refugees and asylum seekers from the ME.

Statements like that are not strengthening your arguement.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

According to you what is my argument? Seems people are drifting away from what my initial statement was, so obviously my argument has become literally just, null, worthless because I don't confine to their bias mindset.

My original argument was quite clear.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Canada is broke, if you didn't notice.

Also, it has the same population as a state or two of ours, so to us here Canada really doesn't matter.

I'm bringing up slavery because it happened. You are saying that Democrats (here in the Untied states) don't use people as pawns.

Fine, let's go forward a little in history to where you are not ashamed of the Democratic party so you can talk about it.

Remember this scenario?

Democratic Leaders: "We want DACA laws made... we want this number here, this number there and we will fund your wall."

Trump: Cool! I'll give you three times the number you asked for.... let's make a deal!

Democratic Leaders:

Well, they didn't say anything and didn't do the meeting.

Because as you are stating, they are the compassionate ones that don't use people as political pawns, right?

Same Democratic leaders, btw, that passed funding for border walls less than a Decade ago.

I was raised in Canada and had a pretty good education on American history and politics.

Seems your educational system has went to hell since I was a child there.

But at least I understand a little more about you and your ideas on politics.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That is exactly what I was thinking. A go fund me page to buy bus tickets.

Yes we can !

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

According to you what is my argument? Seems people are drifting away from what my initial statement was, so obviously my argument has become literally just, null, worthless because I don't confine to their bias mindset.

My original argument was quite clear.

You seem to be under the impression that Democrats want border security. Some may, it depends on the constituency of the individual.

Virtually none, however, will do anything if it gives the slightest appearance that President Trump will get credit.

They are putting politics ahead of the good of the country, as a whole.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Raised in Canada... trashes it's Education system.

hmmm

People tear down Confederate statues, you chastise them for doing so "history is history deal with it!".

Then you bring up Old political wrong doings for today's issues.

Ignore the first post I made in this thread.

Assumes my political stance.

You're a hypocrite, out to attack me because I dare bring up any sort of compassion towards people in need who aren't citizens of a nation. You're painting this picture that they aren't even human and I'm a total idiot for not having an extremely biased opinion on the matter.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

They do!

You do know the majority of dems. want more border security. Political parties aren't all in the same boat you know. They are a group of different ideologies that somewhat represent each other. But majority of Democrats want good solid border security.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

They do!

You do know the majority of dems. want more border security. Political parties aren't all in the same boat you know. They are a group of different ideologies that somewhat represent each other. But majority of Democrats want good solid border security.

Yet they do nothing, and will do nothing, unless they can tie common sense changes to other, not so common sense issues.

The last time(a few months ago) there was a bi partisan committe to address the situation, the Dems were insistent upon cutting the number of "beds" at the border patrol's disposal.

What sense does that make?
What does that tell you?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It tells me that the Dems can't compromise. They want to 'win'. Just like the repubs. It's a petty battle for power.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Raised in Canada... trashes it's Education system.

hmmm

People tear down Confederate statues, you chastise them for doing so "history is history deal with it!".

Then you bring up Old political wrong doings for today's issues.

Ignore the first post I made in this thread.

Assumes my political stance.

You're a hypocrite, out to attack me because I dare bring up any sort of compassion towards people in need who aren't citizens of a nation. You're painting this picture that they aren't even human and I'm a total idiot for not having an extremely biased opinion on the matter.

First off you're not compassionate at all, an ideology just sold you that idea and you ran with it.

Down here in the real world, that's called virtue signalling.

Spent 6 years in Canada, we had to leave when it went bankrupt the first time trying socialized medicine.

As to your other word salad, I've always loved how the left uses "The History of Today."

There can be no actual history talked about or spoken of by the left because if you do, it just turns out that they are screaming hypocrites.

Much like you are.

Care to tell me why DACA was an excellent idea and "for the children!!!" but got a complete pass (here in America) when the Democrats had a super-majority in the House, the Senate, Obama running the show and they could have passed ANYTHING THEY wanted without a single Republican vote?

Or going a little further ahead when Trump gave the Democrats 3 times what they wanted and they wouldn't even come to the table to make a deal?

Sorry sparky... everything the Democrats do uses people as political pawns.

After all, that's what identity politics is all about.

And that's the only politics Democrats have.

They don't have any kind of platform to help actual Americans anymore.

Except, of course, help them have less money, less freedom, less of a life to live.

Fortunately, the party is tearing themselves apart internally and now that the Mueller report is over except for the cherrypicking for CNN et al to keep feeding their watchers, it's now time to roll in the real investigations.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Why waste the chutes.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It tells me that the Dems can't compromise. They want to 'win'. Just like the repubs. It's a petty battle for power.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Trump is a lot of things, but being too rigid to compromise is not one of them.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

Except Dems are for more border security, just not a literal wall, Dems don't want to use humans as political pawns, and Dems don't want to deal with a manchild who always wants to 'win'. See how there is always another side to the story?

When you can come down to reality and stop listening to the BS that comes from biased sources and Trumps mouth, you can see the Dems and Republicans are simply just playing tit for tat. There needs to be a compromise between the two, not just one sided.

Care to say then which Democratic candidate you will be voting for in 2020 ?
It is confusing as to which fits the criteria above.

edit on 4/15/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join