It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35As deploy to Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Aircraft belonging to the 388th and 419th Fighter Wings deployed to Al Dhafra Air Base in the UAE. The deployment was unannounced, and no reports from spotters were published about them going through anywhere.

This is the first deployment for the F-35A to the AFCENT region. No word on how long, or where the aircraft will operate.

www.afcent.af.mil...

Four aircraft are in theater, with up to 8 more scheduled.
edit on 4/15/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wrong thread! Haha
edit on 15-4-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
How long till you think the Ruskis send Su57,s.?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They supposedly did recently but denied the reports.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They confirmed the earlier flights in February after refusing to comment for awhile. Wouldn't shock me to eventually learn the latest visit happened, too.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

It wouldn't me either. They reportedly had some issues during the first visit, so it would help to send them again.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Caught this on twitter today. I've no idea where this is...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Alaska, it looks like an AK on the tail. Also someone hashtagged F35 but its a Raptor

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Alaska, it looks like an AK on the tail. Also someone hashtagged F35 but its a Raptor

Ooooooops!! Big mistake on me, and it's Instagram too☹

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Another waste of of resources on the Middle East. Unless it’s being used as a test bed for F-35 capabilities. Then one has to wonder, soldiers died for a test bed?

Hashtag, # the Middle East. Let them kill themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
A second group of four arrived in Spain yesterday.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Pics or it never happened Russia

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The first strikes have occurred. Aircraft struck tunnels and a munitions site.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Forgive my stupidness, missiles on the wings ? Does this not hamper the aircrafts stealth capability. Ok in a theatre where's there isn't a great deal of threat to the aircraft but I've always wondered if the aircraft doesn't carry external munitions does the greatly reduce its payload? What's the payload for its internals ? Would me much less than a aircraft that doesn't have stealth capabilities and is designed to carry its munitions externally ?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

They have about a 5,700 lb internal payload, and 15,000 pounds external on the A. Maximum ordnance load is 18,000 pounds.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Depends on the mission set and required load out. More permissive environments obviously allow for more flexibility with armaments RE: stealth. With less permissive A2D2 environments, you'll have more selective weapons to accomplish a specific mission (e.g. taking out enemy target/tracking radars) and also maximize your stealth capabilities.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Good for the Russia…

This will give them the opportunities to test and adjusts their S -400/500 radars/ signature gathering gadgets.

Way to go U.S

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Qboneq

If they want totally wrong information. They're flying with external stores and lundberg lenses, so it won't do Russia a damn bit of good.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If they want totally wrong information. They're flying with external stores and lundberg lenses, so it won't do Russia a damn bit of good.

Don’t you think that the Russians “knowing" that too..? It is their job to analyse and separate the facts from fakes.

Syrian S-300 hasn’t fired anything yet “knowing” both israeli/ western allies watching in their listening posts eagerly, the same going to happen to both Russians and their allies gathering information opportunities.

Interesting time….

Funny is…. It cost +30k for every hour F-35 flight. You already know that of course. Saudis are going to pay for it?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

"Knowing" that still doesn't do them any good. The point of both of those is to increase the RCS of the aircraft. Having the wrong RCS won't do you a damn bit of good, except to be able to recognize the RCS under those circumstances. It's not going to help them to see the aircraft when it's flying under full stealth conditions.

They've already had the opportunity to see the F-35 flying under those conditions with the Israeli aircraft flying around the area. No one is going to rush to fly them around with their actual RCS showing.

Yes, it costs that much to fly, and if they weren't there, flying their first combat, you know what they'd be doing? Flying around the US, doing basically the same thing, with dummy bombs.

join