It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documented attacks and hoaxes against Trump and his supporters .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
When the left is the first to bring up "Freedom of speech, not freedom from consequences", You should recognize it for what it is. A justification.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: djz3ro

One thing I've learned in the past 5 years (when I became interested in politics) is that if you really listen to the reasons behind why people voted the way they did, it can make sense, everyone has their own personal experience, their own sources of information, hell even married couples vote in different ways but here in the U.K we seem to have more patience for the opinion of others and the discussions on Brexit are very enlightening. U.S politics on the other hand is a whole other animal and it has claws and fangs. There are many things I love about America, the way they handle political discourse isn't one of them, you guys really hate the opposition voters. The closest I get to that is being labelled a traitor for voting Remain and sticking to my guns...

Unfortunately that's not generally the case here in the US.

Many of the voters here when asked about why they voted how they did don't have actual reasons other than their indoctrination.
They voted to get some of that Obama cash
Or if you ask about policies, they can't even name one either for their candidate or against the other.
Even sadder is that if you give an example of a policy of their chosen candidate without telling them who's it is they oppose it and support the opposite policy.
Or if it's because of something a candidate said, they don't even know what was actually said.

No, over here voting is largely based on media driven identity politics.
Group think and being part of the cool kids club is the name of the game.

I didn't realise it was so bad. There are real flaws in our First Past the Post system and sometimes your system seems better but I wouldn't want things to go like that...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

There are many things I love about America, the way they handle political discourse isn't one of them, you guys really hate the opposition voters.

The hate for opposition voters was summed up perfectly by Charles Krauthammer . “Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil” .

The left marks their opponents as evil which justifies any actions they take .

“ punch a fascist “ ...... it’s OK because they’re evil

Shout down or attack conservative speakers ......... it’s OK because there are evil

Attacking people wearing MAGA hats ........... it’s OK because they’re racist

You won’t find a list of attacks/hoaxes committed by conservatives anywhere near as long as the list in the OP .

Because It’s hard to justify yourself for attacking someone because they’re stupid .

The violence in our current politics was started by the left and almost exclusively continued by the left .

I am a fairly liberal person and am pretty Left but not as far left as the Loony Left and I think that's insane. No need for that.

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Still I would rather be going through this than being a citizen of the UK. When the government and the media combine to limit expression compelled speech is just around the corner .

I hear ya

Canada is looking pretty good right now. Unfortunately I'll never be able to afford to move there...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, we've moved from a cold civil war to a soft civil war. It remains to be seen if a full blown civil war can be prevented. My gut says it cannot. There are too many braindead morons who follow their TV programming. So, unfortunately, a culling is likely. I remain hopeful that we can avoid it, but the facts on the ground don't look so great.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Funny they don't use that standard for abortion.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, we've moved from a cold civil war to a soft civil war. It remains to be seen if a full blown civil war can be prevented. My gut says it cannot. There are too many braindead morons who follow their TV programming. So, unfortunately, a culling is likely. I remain hopeful that we can avoid it, but the facts on the ground don't look so great.

I think you are probably correct.

Which is sad because it won't end well for the emotional ones.

But hey... guess you have to break some eggs to make an omelette..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join