It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it going to take to Impeach Ilhan Omar ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

She needs locked up along with the other infiltrating subversives

A citizen militia that reports directly to the President is needed.

That doesn't sound at all scary.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

originally posted by: JBurns

She needs locked up along with the other infiltrating subversives

A citizen militia that reports directly to the President is needed.

That doesn't sound at all scary.

What? You don't support vigilantes?

Radicalism is a bad thing, on both ends of the spectrum folks.

Having said that, most ppl, including myself, can be pushed to the point of rebellion. I guess it's really just a matter of where the individual draws the line.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

here's what it will take....

Recall vote definition

Recall election.
A recall election (also called a recall referendum or representative recall) is a procedure by which, in certain polities, voters can remove an elected official from office through a direct vote before that official's term has ended.

Recalls, which are initiated when sufficient voters sign a petition,...

Recall election - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recall_election

this is the type action that is best started by a Community Organizer… undertake a campaign to arouse the voters that drastic remedies are needed to institute their 'voices' are actually heard on Capital Hill,,, & that their representative is working for the community instead of for themselves & their own pocketbooks

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
What "crimes" has she commited?

Immigration fraud (married her brother so he could immigrate here).

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
She married her brother to get into the US.
Is that not impeachable right there?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

As distasteful as I find that, as well as her anti semetic rhetoric, it doesn't rise to the level of a "high crime", IMO.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

As distasteful as I find that, as well as her anti semetic rhetoric, it doesn't rise to the level of a "high crime", IMO.

After some research, I find that is not the standard for impeachment of a congressperson.

It has, however, been quite rare, with the majority having to do with supporting the confederacy (treason).

The most recent was in 2002, subsequent to prosecution for bribery, and tax evasion, among other things.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Do you think there is anybody locally within the DNC to say we need a different (D) representing us in that district ?
I highly doubt it.
Unless that person is intelligent enough to see the totality of the damage she is inflicting on the entire DNC.
Her rhetoric and Trump responses and then the DNC defending her will have the Blue Dog democrats running the other way, that's not the way you win swing states in 2020. Trump must really be enjoying this, he know the Democrats stick together even if it's total political suicide.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

She is the product of the values of the people in her district. Sad.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

She is the product of the values of the people in her district. Sad.

After reading about the actual demographics of her district, I'm not so sure of that.

Perhaps there are many who regret electing her now that she has shown her true colors.

Probably not, but one can hope.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Considering all the stuff Trump has tweeted, you think this New, Young, Naive idiot needs impeaching? I'd say he is way up on the scorecard over her so far. 2 years and that's it for her if she keeps that crap up. No more need to impeach her as she gets her tiny vote and media attention that way over reaches her very limited power anyway. Who cares what the masses think, she only runs in one district.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What is it going to take to Impeach Ilhan Omar ? Let me take a shot at this: high crimes and misdemeanors. None of which have occurred, even a hint of malfeasance. Run along now, children, nothing to look at here but racists who hate Muslims for their faith. Don't fall for this, people, judge a person on their actions, one on one. Don't assign them to a box without due cause. And, Christians, ye shall not judge. Let God do that. He's got your back.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
What is it going to take to Impeach Ilhan Omar ? Let me take a shot at this: high crimes and misdemeanors. None of which have occurred, even a hint of malfeasance. Run along now, children, nothing to look at here but racists who hate Muslims for their faith. Don't fall for this, people, judge a person on their actions, one on one. Don't assign them to a box without due cause. And, Christians, ye shall not judge. Let God do that. He's got your back.

Seconded. Very loudly.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What's it going to take?

"Some people doing something".

Did you stress "thing" in a high pitch when you said "someTHING?"

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Trump was a democrat back then. He's changed a lot, obviously, since those days.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

High crimes only applies to the president. If you do some research (I know it's a lot to expect), you will find that there is no legal requirements, other than a a two thirds majority of both the house, and senate don't like you.

As I posted earlier, it is a rare occurance.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

What's it going to take?

The sitting president appearing to incite violence against her? What is it going to take to impeach him?

I

How so? How did he incite violence? Did he say "kick her when she is down"? Did he say "get in her face"? Did he say "attack her in public"? Did he say "send her death threats"? What "EXACTLY" did he say or tweet? Was it her saying her own words?
edit on 16-4-2019 by panoz77 because: is to it

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This is the Leftist pos whom married her brother, right?

Yes, but only Trump supporters are inbreds that are sexually attracted to their siblings. Democrats said so.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: uncommitted

What's it going to take?

The sitting president appearing to incite violence against her? What is it going to take to impeach him?

I

How so? How did he incite violence? Did he say "kick her when she is down"? Did he say "get in her face"? Did he say "attack her in public"? Did he say "send her death threats"? What "EXACTLY" did he say or tweet? Was it her saying her own words?

Actually it's based on condemnation from senators on both sides who have accused him of appearing to incite violence against her.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
People within their right mind (assuredly) vote these people into power, surely they must know what these individuals stand for before voting for them
Can’t blame anyone but those who vote, you get an idiot in power and blame the idiot in power not those who tick the box

Actually, the blame - such as there is - lies more with those who choose NOT to vote than those who do vote.

Her views are clearly not mainstream. However, what you tend to get, especially in mid-term elections, is the rabid radicals on both sides turning out in higher numbers than regular old voters.

So, sometimes you get results like we had in 2018. Granted, that wasn't the only reason we've seen more polarization this past election, but it was a big part of it and always is. Her district skews a bit left and has a large Muslim population segment as well. That adds to it as well.

While there is a majority "white" population, most trend liberal. MN as a whole was the only state to go for Mondale/Ferraro in the 1984 race against Reagan. Reagan was HUGELY popular so, even taking into account that Mondale was a Minnesotan, it says a lot about the state.

Voter turn out in terms of percentage of eligible voters who actually vote in a given election is always low. Mid-terms especially so.

I guess what I'm saying is you can't really blame those motivated enough to get out and cast a ballot. Blame those who choose not to exercise that right for getting results that don't really match the make up of the district/county/state/whatever.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join