It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it going to take to Impeach Ilhan Omar ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What's it going to take?

"Some people doing something".

The sitting president appearing to incite violence against her? What is it going to take to impeach him?

I

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: blueman12

300% increase in civilian causalties or drone strikes, or are you saying with drone strikes casualties victims have gone up 300%?

if drone strikes increase, causalties would increase ( one would hope )

or are you saying a 300% increase in the miss rate of drone strikes since President Trump took over?

300% increase in civilian causalities caused by drone strikes due to Trump's policy expansions.

edit on 14-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
She is the GOP's best weapon for 2020.
Let her and AOC stick around until the election.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Like Trump, she isn't the problem, but rather the manifestation of a very serious symptom. Impeaching either one does nothing to address the underlying issues that brought each to power.

With the complete abandonment of the legacy news media's traditional role, good luck seeing a fix anytime soon.

I think Americans, who for many reasons have been long asleep at the wheel, are in for a rude awakening. We're approaching freefall now. Things are only going to get far more unpredictable now. Too many lines have been crossed.

I think most see this as a left/right thing. But I'm my view, the real fireworks are from within both camps. While much focus had been placed on the Republican divide between Trump and the never-Trumpers, the more meaningful implosion is occurring on the left. Mark my words on this.

The Progressive movement has many Democrats so terrified, they fear offering even the most benign of criticisms. They know they are eating their own, and most are just hoping that when the dust all settles, they live to play another day.

This is what disruption looks like. The real question is what comes after?
edit on 14-4-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She is obviously anti-American, at least by my interpretation.

But so are most of congress.

I can't stand her. I think she is a vile bigot.

But I don't think she can be impeached just for being a vile bigot.

She actually represents her constituents. Think about that for a moment.

She is a representative of her constituents.

And her constituents are idiots. She won her seat in 2018 by a healthy margin, for obvious reasons. A district with the highest concentration of Somali immigrants in the country. A Somali woman running against a conservative white woman ( Jenniger Zielinski)? That's a no brainer.

Does anyone remember who she replaced? Yep. Keith "smack a ho" Ellison.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

And her constituents are idiots. She won her seat in 2018 by a healthy margin, for obvious reasons. A district with the highest concentration of Somali immigrants in the country. A Somali woman running against a conservative white woman ( Jenniger Zielinski)? That's a no brainer.

Does anyone remember who she replaced? Yep. Keith "smack a ho" Ellison.

I haven't researched the voters in her district, but I would assume that is true. I would also assume (since I've heard nothing contrary) that those Somalis are legal citizens, with the voting rights that come along with that.

What do you propose? Splitting up her district to affect an outcome, more to your liking? That sounds just as unamerican as the crap she spouts.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Nowhere did I say that she won her district illegitimately. I simply called her constituents idiots.

And this crap:

What do you propose? Splitting up her district to affect an outcome, more to your liking? That sounds just as unamerican as the crap she spouts.

Is the equivalent of me saying, "Do you like to hump goats Mach2? That's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself."

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Minnesota has roughly 5,577,487 people in it. Of 2017.

Jan. 20, 2009 — to the last full day of his presidency — Jan. 19, 2017 — there were 54,514 Somali refugees that arrived in the U.S., according to the State Department’s Refugee Processing Center. Of those, 6,320 went to Minnesota

the Minnesota Department of Health reports that between 1979 and 2017, there were a total of 23,915 refugees who arrived in Minnesota from Somalia.

Minnesota received a reported 3,740 “secondary arrivals” from other states between 2010 to 2016.

The 2013-2017 American Community Survey five-year estimate shows 52,333 people in Minnesota who cited full or partial Somali ancestry. 

www.truthorfiction.com...

Okay, but lets go with the highest claim of 70,000 . That's about .013% of Minnesota population. And that's assuming that all somalia are voters. How many actually are able to vote. They are not all first gen. Immigrants either.

So tell me.. how does 1% of the population determine an election?...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Pelosi and House Dems are scared to death of her.

Omar is a living example of how spineless and feckless the Democrat Party has become.

They can't even manage their own party...the country is witnessing just how impotent and flaccid Dems truly are.

Omar is currently doing to the Democrat Party...what "Some people doing something" did 'somewhere' on 9/11.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Minnesota has roughly 5,577,487 people in it. Of 2017. 

So tell me.. how does 1% of the population determine an election?...

Well, for starters, Minnesota is a state and Omar didn't win a statewide election. She won the 5th district only.

So your argument is garbage.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Minnesota's 5th Congressional District

Somalis did not put her into office.
edit on 14-4-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Nowhere did I say that she won her district illegitimately. I simply called her constituents idiots.

And this crap:

Is the equivalent of me saying, "Do you like to hump goats Mach2? That's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself."

Ok. Point taken.

What do you propose?
Do you even see it as a problem?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

And your arguement of Somalias having any large influence is even more B.S. Especially when the majority population is white.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Minnesota's 5th Congressional District

Somalis did not put her into office.

Thanks for some reason i couldn't find that so i just went with the population of the whole state.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

They helped but when you consider this......it makes sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Putting my dislike of Trump aside, Republicans have def. gone with a winning strategy. Democrats are dropping the ball and sucking in every way possible.

They somehow think that every democrat or non-republican in America is a far-left liberal and panders to that audience. More isolation and division.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Another 9-11.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well, once again you hit nail squarely on head! It is kinda like "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. She hates Jews and Christians. In the US, people are free to hate anyone they want. To Jews and Christians, she's a bigot, to her constituents, she's speaking out against murderous oppressors.

And each day, with open borders, and rights of asylum seekers, her constituency grows.

Think about that!

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

And ultimately, that's the end goal.

To polarize and splinter the US into so many factions simply determined by identity politics (racist and sexist identities)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

And this crap:

Ok. Point taken.

What do you propose?
Do you even see it as a problem?

It's absolutely a problem. But a not easy one to navigate.

The Somali immigrant concentration is certainly a factor, but the number of non-Somali voters that put her into office is also alarming. Her district is just a microcosm of a worldwide problem. Why do people vote for progressives?

Omar's platform in 2018 was largely based on immigration reform among the other liberal staples ( public housing, LGBT rights, gun control.) The people that believe those issues are top priorities are the root of the problem.

All liberal politics appeal to people's emotions over logic and reasoning. It's fear disguised as love. This boils down to personal discernment on an individual basis.

Not an easy problem to fix.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join