It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it going to take to Impeach Ilhan Omar ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So she has said enough now that you could say she has cooked her own goose ?
Does the congress need to be controlled by the GOP ?
Does the Senate have enough votes ?

What's is it going to take....and is this also a rallying cry for people to vote GOP in 2020 ?
Will the patriotic independents that may have been sitting on the fence, finally get off and say enough is enough.
edit on 14-4-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What's it going to take?

"Some people doing something".

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
soapboxie.com...

Expulsion from Congress Members of the House of Representatives can be removed from office for ethics violations. If they have been involved in illegal activity or if they have violated the code of conduct outlined in the "House Ethics Manual," their peers in the House can conduct a hearing and censure or expel them. A citizen can initiate an ethics investigation by contacting the Office of Congressional Ethics and providing the required information. The OCE will want a list of the charges you are making, the names and addresses of witnesses and documentation to support your claims. You must also certify that the statements you are making are true and that the evidence you are providing was obtained legally.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

So basically the GOP needs to take control of the house in 2020.
Thanks for the answer.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
People within their right mind (assuredly) vote these people into power, surely they must know what these individuals stand for before voting for them
Can’t blame anyone but those who vote, you get an idiot in power and blame the idiot in power not those who tick the box

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

She is obviously anti-American, at least by my interpretation.

But so are most of congress.

I can't stand her. I think she is a vile bigot.

But I don't think she can be impeached just for being a vile bigot.

She actually represents her constituents. Think about that for a moment.

She is a representative of her constituents.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ahh, so all it took was a muslim to say "some people doing something " to rile Republicans up? Trump's indefinite stay in iraq, pandering to saudi arabia and 300% increase in civilian casualities of drone strikes is all no problem?

Ok sure, those are foreign issues. What does that have to do with patriotism?

How about how Trump, shortly after 9/11, talked about how his building is now the tallest because of the attacks.
mobile.twitter.com...

There you have trump acting very unemotional to 9/11 and responding to a question about building damages by boasting his building to now be the tallest.Yet, years later as POTUS, he tweets how disgusting omar is. What a showman.

How about how trump claimed to give millions in donations to 9/11 charities but, "despite repeated requests, the campaign has declined to provide evidence of these gifts, and refused to release tax returns that would show donations."
www.washingtonpost.com... on&utm_term=.e8ffd948942f

Is he lying about donating? Why would he not show proof? More showmanism?

How about how trump claimed he knew thousands were cheering on 9/11 ? Great man to be POTUS. Make wild claims , without evidence, and double down on them.

All you fools are being suckered into thinking that these politicians are responding to omar out of patriotism. It's all left vs right nonsense and you all want to break out of your apathy box to crucify her while years of anti-American actions and agendas have been taken placed.

edit on 14-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Nice how you shifted Obama's mess to President Trump. President Trump has been in office for 2 years so. not all that long, not like 8 years Obama had right? disingenuous much? It's not like President Trump was fighting an uphill battle while Obama had the press in his pocket, right?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Waterglass

So basically the GOP needs to take control of the house in 2020.
Thanks for the answer.

Don't take this the wrong way, but impeachment should be based on actual crimes, not political camps.

What "crimes" has she commited?

I think she is a POS, and abhor everything she, apparently, stands for, but her right to her opinions, are just as valid as mine.

Her constituents need to vote her out.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can't stand her. I think she is a vile bigot.

But I don't think she can be impeached just for being a vile bigot.

Said the staunchest of the trump defenders.

By this logic, trump should be impaled, not impeached

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Nah, she has a pattern of saying and doing stuff that is not in American interests, the people who voted for her, don't have deep historical ties and affiliation to America and it's constitution, they prefer the culture and laws from their home country.
Thus the danger of too much immigration too fast, no time to assimilate into American culture.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

she is duly elected...that needs to be seen as the sacred fact that it is. Whether the rest of the nation likes her opinions or not, without there being actions to address i fail to see what the hub bub is.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Nice to see you break away from your usual book-burning to attack Trump.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

you really didn't read what you quoted did you?

what part of "she should not be impeached" confused you?

ETA I despise her smirk, I really really do, but will still defend her right to besmirch the usa with free speech with my life.
edit on 14-4-2019 by thedigirati because: I can

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

What do you mean? Trump made the comments about saudi arabia. Trump increased drone strikes 300% in civilian casualities from obama. Trump, while an inherited issue, still decided to continue to stay in iraq indefinitely.

Thanks for bringing Obama into the conversation while ignoring my statements though.
edit on 14-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is the Leftist pos whom married her brother, right?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Don't take this the wrong way, but impeachment should be based on actual crimes, not political camps.
What "crimes" has she commited?

Ok I thought about it, and you are right....Congress should censure her first, if that doesn't wise her up then the next step could be looked at.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Don't take it the wrong way, I like the idea of getting rid of politicians that are evil, bigoted, corrupt.

But if we actually did that, the only people left in DC would be the Senate janitorial staff and some guy named Carl.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Sure i agree with too much immigration too fast and the fact that she may be not a good congresswoman. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in people so eager to villify Omar, while ignoring everything else.

It's okay to takes oaths to israel, bailout bankers with taxpayer money, and praise saudi arabia (supporters of tmuch terrorism).

That's all okay, but Omar's unclear and potential unamerican statements cross the red line.

Glad all these Republicans have their priorities straight.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

300% increase in civilian causalties or drone strikes, or are you saying with drone strikes casualties victims have gone up 300%?

if drone strikes increase, causalties would increase ( one would hope )

or are you saying a 300% increase in the miss rate of drone strikes since President Trump took over?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join