It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My terrifying sleep paralysis experience.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Yes, I did sense the the woman was young. I am only referring to it as an Old Hag because that's what the web calls it and nothing more. My sense was that she was late 20s to 30's in age. However, I sensed terrifying evil so I beat the sheet out of her face in the paralysis. I awakened throwing punches into my mattress.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You keep spewing the same carp that has be published for over 2000 years. So why even comment on this thread?

Are you a priest? So how come some PHD doesn't do a study and find that a trace gene in our DNA is present across all races to determine the root cause and f in cure it. Because maybe there isn't one? Hmmm. Meaning why IS IT AN EVIL PRESENCE. WHY ISN'T IT 10000 VIRGINS BEATING DRUMS. Go ahead KA BOOM me

DENY IGNORANCE OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Here you go. An article from 1999. So were are we today in 2019. We are no where.

So read on:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Raggedyman

why a demonic presence if it’s just medical, why don’t more medical problems present with demons, Your belief doesn’t make any sense

its called interpretation which is usually based on a person psyche and their systems of belief

many don't think its demonic why many others will.

Most experience a dark figure though, which if your interested can be read about.

But this is ATS, where most want to be fed info and when at times they are they say either discount the info that explains or ignore it because it goes against their beliefs and conclusions of certain subjects.

It's always those folks who have never experienced these things themselves who then speak with their assumed authority to tell others they didn't experience anything except what they believe is answered by what psychiatrists and psychologists say it is, who themselves have also never experienced any of these things.

Does that about cover it?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Thank you. I have had 100's of visits via the Hoodie and only one via The Old Hag in my lifetime spanning 3+ decades. All I know is that its presence is EVIL. So why evil versus having 100 virgins dancing around my bed every night in my sleep paralysis? Since I beat the sheet out of the old hag, [who was actually a female in her late 20s or 30s back in February, 2019] neither of them has returned since to date; 27Apr19.

edit on 27-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

His figure was as black as the void, just darkness

Ive had nearly the same exact experience before. As im sure many have said, this is an extremely common experience.

I believe they are real, it's an extremely common occurrence in not only sleep paralysis but also sometimes in psychedelic drug trips.

From what I've read, they are negative entities that exist in the spiritual realms. They feed off negative emotion. They can range from strong to weak and can be alone ir in a group. Ive heard instances of them speaking but i think they rarely do. Beyond that, im not sure of their exact nature.

I used to get visited hear and there until i taught myself to calm down and reduce my panic /fear to almost nothing. They stopped coming to visit me and last one i saw was a small blob sitting next to me that i absolutely was not caring about. I believe they will leave you alone if you stop feeding them. However, in rare cases, you might end up on the radar of really nasty ones that require you to fight back or invoke a positive entity that can help. Best approach, in a common situation, is to get your real life emotions in order and practice getting into altered states so you're less freaked out when this happenens.

Last big experience i had was a bunch if these sgadow people coming in my room and house. This was years ago. I forced myself out of sleep paralysis but was not in waking consciousness. I felt very weighted down like hundreds of pounds were pulling me down. Ive never astral projected so i don't know if that was it. Anyway, i walked past a couple of them into the hallway in which a saw a few more.

I saw some of them in my mother's room in which they had some light show or doing someththat created light. Tv hen i went up to one and signified im not afraid of it. It said, come to the hallow. And i followed it into this portal and we started flipping through different places or pictures. That's where it ended.

It's hard to know if that was a dream or not. I do believe these things are real but it's also still possible for dreams to replicate them. All i know is that once i started not being afraid or panicked , they stopped showing up shortly after.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think it goes a bit deeper than that though. While sleep paralysis is a naturally occuring phenomenon, the state of consciousness is key to the idea of interacting with spiritual beings. The only problem is that you can hullicinate or do a partial dream in this state.

It could definitely all be in one's head with panick and fear inducing hullicinations. However, from what i read, the people who've had the most experience with altered states often tend to believe contacting spiritual entities good or bad is real.

Much like a DM T trip. Many aren't sure it's real once completely sober. However, from what i read, the most experienced people tend to believe dmt or mushroom entities are real and a real experience.

And just like DM T/or mushrooms, many many report seeing similair looking entities or experiences. That's not proof but it's certainly enough evidence , imo, to sway a seeker into exploring further.
edit on 27-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

It's always those folks who have never experienced these things themselves who then speak with their assumed authority to tell others they didn't experience anything except what they believe is answered by what psychiatrists and psychologists say it is, who themselves have also never experienced any of these things. Does that about cover it?

all that covers is your ignorance of whats posted.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It could definitely all be in one's head with panick and fear inducing hullicinations. However, from what i read, the people who've had the most experience with altered states often tend to believe contacting spiritual entities good or bad is real.

Same here, I believe its real.

Its why I asked the question about are these beings external or internal to us.

If these beings are internal, are they creations of our own mind or are they beings that are connected to us like parasites and feed of our emotions?

They could be perceived as being external and a being or entity walking around our room at night but is that enough to conclude they are external?

I believe they are internal and tied to our psyche, a majority of us can perceive them as they are connected to who and what we are.

hence why I suggest taking an approach of accepting what psychology has to say instead of believing in demons.

Demonology can be studied but its much easier to gain knowledge of a psychological nature that one can understand, when one understands it can change their belief and relieve any fears they have had previously due to their beliefs.

Its one way to overpower these parasites using the same method as what gives them strength, our minds and beliefs they hold which influence our emotional responses to things we perceive.

Our deep seeded beliefs create a lot of paranormal energy in my opinion,

believe in evil and fear it and all you do is feed it with your own fear and beliefs when things of a paranormal nature are defined not by our own knowledge but beliefs handed down or obtained these days via the internet and YouTube videos created to be believed in using techniques of a simplified brainwashing.

And just like DM T/or mushrooms, many many report seeing similair looking entities or experiences. That's not proof but it's certainly enough evidence , imo, to sway a seeker into exploring further.

yes exploration is key to a deeper understanding.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Ah.. that may be true that they are deeply connected to our psyche but i don't think so. I used to think that but that discounts so much of spiritual beliefs. I say that as someone who was athiest and still is somewhat.

Reminds me of this guy who talks about his mushroom trips. He talks about machine elves that are commonly referred to in dm-t trips amongst many people. He was saying that thd mind is simply not capable of just making all of it up.

Images are almost indescribable and new ideas and understandings that one has never thought of before. It is a common experience.

Sure it can be reduced to mind trickery. Yet, there is astral projection, kids seeing ghosts, shamans, mystics across centuries, ect..

To say it is all mind trickery is to give the mind so much credit and claim that many thousands of spiritual seekers and adventurers were all fools. All fools to mind tricks and we are nothing but fools in a 3-d reality constantly decieving ourself. All mystics and self-seekers have been fools.

I certainly hope not, as that is a hellish reality in which we are nothing more than self-decieving beasts whose mind's greatest power is that of mind-shattering deception.

I certainly agree that psychology plays a role but i think you give it too much credit. It's of the same school of thought in which our current understanding of reality is only defined by the progress of science. It's very rational, but it throws away all of humanity's mysticism without a seond look.

And with all the BS artists, psychic tricksters, psuedo-gurus, new-age cult-like followings, and the long history of religious nonsense; it's very easy to throw it all away and blame any claims of spirituality as another symptom of some psychological effect.
edit on 28-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Images are almost indescribable and new ideas and understandings that one has never thought of before. It is a common experience.

Is this on a conscious level that one has never thought of things before?

Yes, because its explained by those that experience it through a conscious level of them never thought of ideas before

However, throughout ones life could their mind have come across it by one way or another with the millions of things our unconscious mind perceives each day and is simply stored in the unconscious mind and brought up either via substances or acts of meditation and self exploration?

To say it is all mind trickery is to give the mind so much credit and claim that many thousands of spiritual seekers and adventurers were all fools.

Not saying its mind trickery but am crediting the mind as being much much more influential to reality be it paranormal or not than is believed by many.

All fools to mind tricks and we are nothing but fools in a 3-d reality constantly decieving ourself. All mystics and self-seekers have been fools.

NO,

many actually point concepts like mind over matter.

Many beliefs ponder how our experience is like that of a dream.

I certainly agree that psychology plays a role but i think you give it too much credit. It's of the same school of thought in which our current understanding of reality is only defined by the progress of science. It's very rational, but it throws away all of humanity's mysticism without a seond look.

actually quite the opposite in my personal experience studying psychology,

many psychologists and avenues of psychology do look into mysticism with more than a second look.

Its just no solid conclusions can be made due to its nature.

Like I said exploration is key to understating, both with ideas and substances that can alter ones beliefs or perceptions of things that have meaning to them.

I certainly hope not, as that is a hellish reality in which we are nothing more than self-decieving beasts whose mind's greatest power is that of mind-shattering deception.

That is only one way of seeing it, in that way it does sound ..... bad and unattractive to entertain.

It like what I said to another poster in this thread that certain things are perceived by some as evil while by other its not evil.

we all have our individual perception to see the same things but perceive their meaning or reasons differently.

For some hearing that is like they are being attacked seeing as how I have been replied to by some by sharing a different perspective.

So that is why I tend give a psychologically open approach more weight as a persons ego and their deep seeded beliefs can feel like they are being attacked because rational things get mentioned.

To me those types of reactions indicates a very egotistical approach to a paranormal subject that may have a very rational explanation but that would put aside what ones ego wants and that is being special like many forms of media be it films, Tv shows, books and stories have been ingrained into our psyches as we developed who we are today.

But what you said about self deception is in my opinion too wide spread throughout humanity.

Yes exploration of ones mind happened with almost all but in my opinion too many stop when they get to what their ego likes and can use to self deceive and keep it itself in a zone of comfort even if that involves using fear to make itself scared which doesn't sound like comfort, What I mean more so is that the ego can operate in the unconscious mind to deceive the conscious mind.

IN the end I believe our consciousness is linked to other conscious beings, them being a part of us to feed of us in a spiritual nature just as we feed of each other and beliefs we hold or knowledge we seek.

Its the thrive we have to know more or to be more just in our ways of life that we feed of from one another,

some feed of others sufferings, these people could be more possessed by the so called dark beings that many call evil that feed of fear and negative energies.

I just believe that all have a purpose and without one there would not be another, meaning the ideas and concepts of evil are needed just as much as the opposing concepts are wanted.

But to each their own....

we all perceive and believe the way we do.

I don't attack anyone or try and shut down any conversation about this topic but use language and expression that is perceived as attacking hence how some reply to me and why I believe they may be self deceiving themselves due to a limited perspective of whats said and an inability to try and see from another perspective,
hence why like I say above its ones ego self deceiving because it doesn't want the conscious mind to look at things from another perspective.

All of my opinions are based on my own self discoveries about my own mind wanting to keep me trapped to certain realities and not hear or listen to other perspectives that could damage my held views or beliefs.

More often than not it was simply not to search for other perspectives, which is allows for all the BS artists and other things you mention to have a control over peoples minds if they preach what one wants to hear.

If it sounds too true and creates a feeling like I am connected and know its true then that to me is an indication to be careful and to look at other perspectives just in case my mind is not trying to deceive itself with maybe someone external pushing what my mind wants to hear.

Not sure if I am making sense anymore or if I ever was hence why a few seem to have the opinions they have of me.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on 28-4-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I read what you posted, and you know nothing other than what the psychiatrists recommend.

whatever you say.

That doesn't point to my ignorance, just yours.

NO it does point to yours because you read a few sentences and make your conclusions based on such little information when so much more is available.

So psychiatrists have recommended to believe in these entities if that is all know?

really?

again read everything that's posted before looking like a fool or don't and be proud to be as ignorant as you display.

edit: and for giving a good example of the type of person I described who is self deceived and takes my perspective as an attack and responds just as you have

edit on 28-4-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I read what you posted, and you know nothing other than what the psychiatrists recommend.

whatever you say.

That doesn't point to my ignorance, just yours.

NO it does point to yours because you read a few sentences and make your conclusions based on such little information when so much more is available.

So psychiatrists have recommended to believe in these entities if that is all know?

really?

again read everything that's posted before looking like a fool or don't and be proud to be as ignorant as you display.

edit: and for giving a good example of the type of person I described who is self deceived and takes my perspective as an attack and responds just as you have

Wow, no, psychiatrists don't normally consider any of those phenomenon as real. They don't believe in the spirit or the spiritual dimensions.

No one else except you could have misread all that as good as you did. Congrats.
Every reply from you so far haven't been perspective just personal attacks.

Do you believe in spirits, demons, etc.? Ever seen demons? If you have don't tell your psychiatrist.

edit on 28-4-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: Waste of time

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Wow, no, psychiatrists don't normally consider any of those phenomenon as real. They don't believe in the spirit or the spiritual dimensions.

They don't?

I could agree on a professional level yes, but on a personal level I know a few psychologists that certainly do.

Just because a person has a degree an can prescribe drugs doesn't mean they cannot believe in something, you have a very funny view of things, it seems limited to what you personally believe hence why I pointed out ignorance, previously for not reading and now because of a limited view, you cannot know what all psychiatrists believe in and don't believe in.

making ridiculous claims like they cant is nonsense, its like saying a scientist of any any specific science cannot be a Christian or a Muslim or any religion that believes in a creator God, its nonsense, they can and many do.

Do you believe in spirits, demons, etc.? Ever seen demons? If you have don't tell your psychiatrist.

Yes and yes and I don't have a psychiatrist as a therapist to tell them about my beliefs and what I have seen.

Every reply from you so far haven't been perspective just personal attacks.

the only attacks was from you because you don't like what you read.

pointing out ignorance is not an attack, ignorance isn't something someone should be insulted by when pointed out to them but enlightened to learn of their ignorance as perceived by others to maybe try and see things from another perspective.

Please quote any personal attack I have made or better yet report them so they can be deleted.

Its your own issue, you can choose to ignore, choose not to read when you see certain screen names.

The choice is yours

Trying to blame others for your own issues only keeps trapped even more so than you may already be.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Sorry to be pedantic but please stop writing deep seeded, it's deep seated. Drives me crazy. I probably mispronounce some sayings and hope someone would tell me if I do.a reply to: InhaleExhale

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join