It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My terrifying sleep paralysis experience.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So this happened a few years ago, when I was 17. I finally had a long vacation and decided I would spend a few days in my brother house as he was alone(his wife had gone out for a few days). After the long trip, I finally reach his place, and he takes me to the guest room. That used to be his bedroom and for some reason he had changed it. So I go in the room, relax and freshen myself up and the electricity only in that room goes away. We did check everywhere, and found no reason for the electricity to stop, was working fine through out the house.

So its my first night and everything is more or less fine. I wake up around 3:00am but I think nothing of it. Just some weird sensation which I ignore straight away. The second night, I wake up again around the same time. I am sleeping sideways, sort of cuddled and closed. Suddenly, I notice I can't breath properly, when I try to get up I can't move, not a muscle, not even my pinkie finger. All I can do is blink. I look around, on the corner of my eyes. I notice this large black figure, around 7ft tall. Sort of looking like a grim reaper, thick black. He had no face as such. Just a humanoid figure wearing a long loose robe. He was standing beside the guest room door, with night lights coming in. So there is no reason for that figure to be dark unless this asshole of a ghost decided to bend the laws of physics itself. His figure was as black as the void, just darkness. The next is the sensation of pure terror. The feeling of being pulled downwards. I genuinely thought I was going into this abyss that day. The absolute terror and the helplessness. All I see is that dark figure, just standing there. Just staring, right at me. I was in the same position, completely paralysed, lying down and started actually having visions of being pulled down into hell. I don't know if that was induced by the ghost or I started it myself due to sheer panic. This continued without any end for 15 minutes. After it stopped, suddenly, Just like that. I regained my motor functions. I looked around and the figure was gone. The Night lights were again lighting up the wall where the figure once stood. I just sat there for almost 10 minutes, before I had the courage to dash out of the bedroom.

My brother is an atheist, so I did not bother mention that to him. Suffice to say I slept in the living room the next few days with the excuse that it was too hot. Weird part is, just when I was leaving that place. Electricity came back in that guest room. Just like that. Neither did I have any logical explanation. Neither did my brother.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
One of the scariest thing that ever happened to me too.
Void black was how they appeared to me as well
I find prayer helps
edit on 4 14 2019 by dashen because: Spoookie

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis far too often, but it's not aliens or ghosts causing it.

www.brainandspinalcord.org...

Sleep paralysis is a disorder characterized by the inability to move upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis occurs as a person is moving in our out of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, and is the result of a premature disconnection between the brain and body. While the brain and body normally disconnect during REM sleep, those who suffer from sleep paralysis experience the disconnection as they are about to enter or exit REM instead.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That is absolutely terrifying when that happens. I can't explain to you how identical your story is to mine, it's like you could be reading my writings (I never posted these I'm thinking about) from years ago. I had them very often for about 4 years after I moved into a new house - it was horrible. I finally found that I could fight the "paralysis" and scream and try to fight the black thing (though I couldn't move IRL, I could in this "other dimension" and my screams were silent but I could hear them "inside" - it's hard to explain). When I did this, I always came out of the paralysis.

The next time this happens, when you feel the terror, try to think to yourself to fight. I remember thinking that if I was going to die, I didn't want to just go wimpering and my fear turned into an inner rage and I kind of snapped out of it - though when I woke up, the fear was overwhelming and I had this full body sweat and shaking from huge amounts of adrenaline.

I don't believe this is all physiological, I too have seen lights completely disappear as if being sucked into a void, or a void pass in front of lights (I had really bright blue LED's that lit a glossy white wall - so the void was very apparent). I think there are other worldly entities, demons, or whatever that can "haunt" us.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I have experienced the "Black Hoodie" since 1984. I have several posts on a Thread as authored by OP Sled735. Hoodie also has a partner. On the web she is known as "The Old Hag" Hoodie documentation goes back to China around ~ 425 AD.

I am a non practicing Catholic. I believe but I am not a Jesus bible thumping guy. I do pray and I prayed like Hell back in December and January 2019 to God and Jesus for help. It or something else has worked to date. It gave me the strength to break out of my sleep paralysis and beat the sheet out of the Hag. I haven't had a visit from Hoodie or The Hag since January.

Here's the ATS Thread. The female OP goes by sled735. Read my post and hers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes 7' tall. Here's a pic:

edit on 14-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 14-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Check out my comments on sled735 Thread. Hoodie has followed me around to every home that I have ever lived.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

One of my friends had these old hag experiences repeatedly. Except for once, it wasn't an old lady. He mentioned it as someone looking middle aged, with black eyes and blistered skin sat on his chest. Following which he was assaulted by it(if you know what I mean). He claimed to have rashes and fever for a few days post that. He even showed me the rashes on his chest.
edit on 14-4-2019 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Come on folks, this is a well documented and researched sleep disorder, not ghosts and demons.

Visual Hallucinations

The visual experience can be quite profound. Many people report seeing the presence of a human figure, often described as being a dark figure, shadow, or ghost. This figure may be standing at the bedside, just at the periphery of your vision. Some people report seeing multiple people in the room. Others report that they see flashes, bright colors, or lights. Sometimes the visual hallucination can be quite elaborate. For example, some have reported seeing a disembodied hand, a gargoyle, bugs, or even a cat. In other cases, the visions are vague, described as being blurry or shimmering or simply having a sense that things in the room are floating.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We got it the first time, some of these experiences are so horrifying it can leave mental scars. Let people come out with their experiences. It may be a simple disorder, or it may not. We will never know.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I'm trying to point them toward the actual medical causes of a common disorder , in the hope they will seek help, not keep insisting it's a boogeyman come to torment them.

And yes, we do know what causes it. The research is there for anyone to read.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I had a similar experience. I woke up & noticed a dark entity in a black trenchcoat (maybe dark robes) with a top hat standing next to my bed. The entity said I was going to die soon & started strangling me. I then woke up terrified. This was the most realistic dream I've ever experienced. 2 weeks later I had a ruptured aortic aneurysm and nearly died. For 2 years after my open heart surgery I would see whispy entities in my room when I was half asleep but they did not bother me and did not appear eventually. I have met many people who have also met the dark entity with a top hat. Doctors call this sleep paralysis but I think there is more to these instances, especially when many have similar experiences. I believe the Mandela effect, deja vu & reincarnation are related to these events.
edit on 14-4-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The history of devils, demons, ghost, incubus and succubus, the dark forces goes far back into our collective past. Who is to say? With every legend or strong myth there may be a little truth sprinkled in.

The mind is a powerful thing. For protection some people pray to a wide verity of gods and goddess’s and for them prayers work. For others it’s a protection spell, or a ceremony using black salt, candles, sea salt or smudge with sage or Ceader. Yet other use crystals or another form of a talisman. For others chanting or music work for them. Protections are a numerous as the people who use them. Wicca has lots of protection spells and devices. I find it curious that some seem to corespond to Native American beliefs.

My wife has had sleep paralysis events. I did a blessing ceremony with sea salt and she hasn’t had an event in a long time.

I’m not terribly superstitious. I spend a lot of time in the backcountry, mostly alone and from time to time, I have been bothered with a perceived presence. Cold chills. Ever heard the term, someone stepping on your grave? Something goes bump in the night. You feel like your being watched. The forest is just to quite. The mind wonders and the mind is a powerful thing.

edit on 14-4-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
a reply to: DAVID64

We got it the first time, some of these experiences are so horrifying it can leave mental scars. Let people come out with their experiences. It may be a simple disorder, or it may not. We will never know.

seeing as so many have the same experience it certainly does point to the research done that explains it.

No one is trying to stop you from sharing your experiences

you are being given information,

But it seems some don't want to know, many will know while the "we" you mention have additional what could be considered as issues not wanting a rational explanation but need to be the 'one' or part of special group that has extraordinary experiences which coincidentally match what so many have and are explained with great detail through psychological studies.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I didn't discount the possibility. I am only pointing out when you repeat the same thing again and again. It might discourage people to come out with their experiences. The tone and manner of giving info also matters. He might not be willingly trying to stop. But he certainly might unknowingly discourage people from coming out. Folks believe these things because they have experienced it, telling them they don't want "rational explanations" is impolite. Exactly the sort of things which stops people from talking about it.

For example, read your last paragraph and tell me, how many people would be willing to express their fears to you for the fear of being ridiculed ?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
double entry..deleted
edit on 14-4-2019 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Christian or not, asking for Christ’s protection while in the paralysis will bring almost instant relief
Some call it a scientific medical condition but I believe it’s a demonic attack, easily countered by calling on Jesus

It’s your choice how you respond to a paralysis not someone else demanding how you process your information, demanding you believe it’s a medical condition because they do, and probably never suffered a paralysis

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I've had sleep paralysis far too often, but it's not aliens or ghosts causing it.

www.brainandspinalcord.org...

Sleep paralysis is a disorder characterized by the inability to move upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis occurs as a person is moving in our out of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, and is the result of a premature disconnection between the brain and body. While the brain and body normally disconnect during REM sleep, those who suffer from sleep paralysis experience the disconnection as they are about to enter or exit REM instead.

Great Dave but how does it explain the demonic presence in a sleep paralysis thatnso many people experience. Why no flock of flying unicorns, fairy with a wand, a Santa experience, snowman or doctor dolittle, why a demonic presence if it’s just medical, why don’t more medical problems present with demons,

Your belief doesn’t make any sense

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

For example, read your last paragraph and tell me, how many people would be willing to express their fears to you for the fear of being ridiculed ?

exactly those with the issues I describe in the last paragraph.

If that is interpreted as ridicule then nothing can be said, such narrow views are hard to be shown the bigger picture and can only find it on their own if they ever do.

Its a growing issue with more connected humanity is, discounting knowledge for age old beliefs to share something that makes people feel part of group.

But he certainly might unknowingly discourage people from coming out.

Why?

because they might actually find resolve and not share an experience they previously thought was paranormal.

What if the poster DAVID64 was actually a person that I just described but took in the knowledge available and is trying to share what enlightened him instead of kept him in the dark wondering what or who the black figure is and what it may represent?

I am only pointing out when you repeat the same thing again and again. It might discourage people to come out with their experiences.

yes,

hopefully because they find the answer that explains the fear they experienced.

Lets say a person doesn't, wants to believe its paranormal, they have a urge to investigate and approach those that could give a paranormal explanation and are deceived by a psychic they approach to take money out of their pocket.

Lets say they don't want to actually investigate and just stay in the fear of wonder and believe they are experiencing paranormal activity and just browse sites like this that can take them into who knows what direction when it comes to alternative subjects and paranormal subjects.

Is that healthy for ones mind that is experiencing something explainable to them or is enlightenment and knowledge better for their mental well being?

Sleep paralysis is quite a fearful experience as you know. I do too.

Fear ...... prolonged fear of something that has a rational explanation is just harmful to ones being.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

why a demonic presence if it’s just medical, why don’t more medical problems present with demons, Your belief doesn’t make any sense

its called interpretation which is usually based on a person psyche and their systems of belief

many don't think its demonic why many others will.

Most experience a dark figure though, which if your interested can be read about.

But this is ATS, where most want to be fed info and when at times they are they say either discount the info that explains or ignore it because it goes against their beliefs and conclusions of certain subjects.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Every one who is actively visiting forums and discussing about sleep paralysis is very much aware of the "rational" or biological reason as to why it happens. Its the first thing we read on Google. I have been aware of this for years. There are those who have experienced such events which leads them to believe there is more to it than just biological.

People will hestitate to speak, if you outright deny their experiences as being some "Hellucination" or "biological" reason.

So.....Kindly don't kill my thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join