It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"some people did something" and it affected civil liberties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I like to look at it as a pantomime or a puppet show, it's more relatable if I do this

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Downplaying the most serious attack on the American homeland since WW2 by a US Congresswoman is simply put, in poor taste. What did she expect a round of applause.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I don’t know about all that.

I do.

It was totally a controlled demolition using micro-nukes installed during the 1970's.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think she needs a boot up her a**.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Honestly who cares? cause honestly she isn't my representative if that's the number one concern for the people of her district great she is doing what a representative is supposed to do. But really in Minnesota? this the number one concern a freshman congressperson has? Out of 5 million population of the state there, us an estimated 150,000 Muslims mostly in the Minn-St, Paul area. Congrats on mobilizing and motivating your base to elect you in your district, but remember you represent the people of the whole district, not just the ones that voted you in. People aren't wary of Muslims just based on 9/11 they are wary because they listen to what their leaders say and do.

We can argue the persons behind 9/11 but there is no doubt it was an event basically cheered for in the Muslim world at the time, and nowhere else. And it does seem a bit disingenuous to now be flapping about civil liberties that have been curtailed because persons of their faith had the wherewith all to pull off the turning point of the post-WWII era. Not to sound like a meme but if you want a government to clamp down on civil liberties that's what you do to get them to clamp down on civil liberties. Give it time we are just now moving towards normalized relations with Vietnam, to the chagrin of loads of Vietnam veterans. Give it time where an American can be duly elected in a Muslim country once they actually begin to have real elections if ever, and actually, represent the civil liberties of their citizens of their country if ever. Where the rights of the individual are paramount over the all else if ever, where everybody has true religious freedom or the freedom not to partake at all if ever.

And before I hear racist prejudice etc, my district happens to extremely diverse with populations from quite of few nationalities after being predominantly Caucasian for decades, and it seems to be thriving.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Another rant by you with zero proof. Please talk about your theories of WTC nukes and dancing Jews again.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I do.

It was totally a controlled demolition using micro-nukes installed during the 1970's.

Based on what evidence? Zero evidence of a detonation with the force to cut steel columns. No video, audio, seismic evidence of an event relating to nukes. The bottom of the core columns of the towers had to cut from the foundation to be removed. No breaching of the slurry walls surrounding the WTC foundations. No damage to the bed rock the would have prevented the building of the new towers. No evidence of fission products. No radiation levels above background for the are.

Nuclear warheads actually take constant monitoring and PMs to ensure their usability.

Where was the control center for initiating the detonation of the fantasy nukes.

The only conspiracy theory more idiotic and less credible than WTC nukes is Dustification.

Sad to see the nuke crowd fall for the charlatans of the truth movement, pure pseudoscience, and pure fantasy. People believing in fantasies like nukes killed the credibility of the truth movement.
edit on 14-4-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Just reading the title, I thought the thread was going to be about how ALL Americans' civil liberties were stripped away, under the radar, after 9-11, with that Patriot Act. Isn't that when a lot of our privacies vanished, in the name of "national security," without us even knowing? The Intel agencies listening to our phone calls, probably scrolling through our texts and emails...everyone forced to gradually remove more and more clothing in airport security lines TIL finally they just got machines that let them look at us naked (though strangely, we still have to remove our shoes and our jackets and even cardigan sweaters), etc.

So, what civil liberties of her "group" were removed, any more than everyone else's'?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Based on what evidence?

I don't need evidence, bub!

I also believe the space shuttle crashed into the Pentagon and not a missile like the officially unofficial story.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then it’s called false allegations and slander. The foundations of the truth movement.

Classy

The truth movement is a cult.

Unless you want to debate actual facts, science, video evidence, and science. Not base something on a believe like a cult.
edit on 14-4-2019 by neutronflux because: Added more

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

----------------My sarcasm------------------------>

Your head.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then it’s called false allegations and slander. The foundations of the truth movement.

Classy

The truth movement is a cult.

Unless you want to debate actual facts, science, video evidence, and science. Not base something on a believe like a cult.

Dude, you're not new here. Have you EVER seen AugustusMasonicus make a serious comment? I've never once seen him add any comment to a thread that wasn't sarcastic or an attempt at a dumb joke. I'm not using hyperbole; I'm legitimately not aware of him ever making a comment here without sarcasm or jest.

So you should realize his comment is BS, man. Get some coffee!

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24319509]KansasGirl[/post
Have you EVER seen AugustusMasonicus make a serious comment?

I have.

But don't get your hopes up for too much of that.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I do.

+-+

Or it was exactly as the official story suggests, I guess it comes down to which fantasy you choose to believe. I fall somewhere in between.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I I think the bottom line is that she's just a crappy speaker and she wasn't clear enough in what she was saying. Listening to the words in context, what I got was "[In the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks], some people [who were convinced that all Muslims were terrorists just waiting to attack] did something [to intimidate and scare American Muslims who had nothing to do with it.]"

Her whole topic is the alleged oppression of American Muslims in the the wake of 9/11. It was a vague, poorly-worded sentence, but in the context of the rest of the thought the idea that "some people did something" refers to the attack itself just doesn't make sense. However, if "some people did something" is referring to real or perceived assaults/intimidation of American Muslims, then it fits perfectly with the rest of the the sentence. I.e., "[there was backlash against Muslims] and that [because of that] all of us [American Muslims] were starting to lose access to our civil liberties."

I can't believe I'm defending one of the evil triad, but in this case I think she was misrepresented.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine
Or it was exactly as the official story suggests, I guess it comes down to which fantasy you choose to believe. I fall somewhere in between.

I haven't seen anything that supports a controlled demolition, pre-planning via staging the buildings or any other conspiracy theory.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
All you posters who thinks she's hot are the problem. you obviously can't control your un-natural urges. I will write to her immediately and tell her to put her burqa back on to stop your nasty thoughts.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Ano it's pretty common knowledge that AM loves A wind up.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Frankly, there is very good reason to think 9/11 would have never happened in the first place if religious people (in general) weren't so damned crazy. All of them. How can people not see that this is the actual problem?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Salander

Another rant by you with zero proof. Please talk about your theories of WTC nukes and dancing Jews again.

You mean these Jews?? I remember redoing about this at the time, perhaps even on these hallowed pages.

Here's another take on the story...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join