It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boomerang In Progress - The Traitors Failed In Their Coup and are Now Bracing for PayBack.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's okay. I have lots of patients.

Now you are a doctor?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: carewemust

I know CNN is considered on of the most anti Trump platforms. The only real introspection after the election where one candidate had a shoe in was parts of the media being honest in Trump getting elected due to the extra coverage given to him.

So now there are two questions IMO as to why they continue the same approach given their admition.

1. They are profiting from it. This one is self explanatory given the motive. But the problem is people insist they are losing viewership which leads us to #2.

2. Their bottom line is effected, and I'll be the first to say they are not the bastion of journalism. So why continue if they have admitted their "folly" yet do not change?

Two salient questions.

Answers:
1. Profit
2. Profit

On a more serious note, It actually is profit which motivates every single synapse firing in the brains of any MSM company, CNN included, but let's examine CNN itself more closely. So here's a little more detailed answer to your questions:

1. CNN's underpinning audience foundation has always leaned left, even from the very beginning in the Ted Turner days (a notorious lefty). CNN's target audience has always been the younger generation by CNN design. In some respects they even pioneered the 15 second attention spans which social media has exploited so successfully. The foundation of their product was to give their audience (in theory) all the news they needed to know, first. "Be The First to Know" was their slogan. It catered to the notion the younger generation was just too busy to take time out to watch the news, so CNN would summarize the world for them in just a few minutes, over and over, and over, in any given hour. As such, it became a perfect tool for propaganda...and Turner knew this.

Another phenomenon popped up shortly after CNN, and this was none other than MTV (another cyclic 24x7 format).

An entire generation or more came to age with these two products. Listen to all the latest cool music, grab a few minutes of CNN to know what's going on, and then go to class or whatever. All of CNN's branding, marketing and advertising support was aimed at a very young demographic from the beginning. Their appeal spread and their age demographic increased with it. The only reason CNN has a bigger audience now than they did then is simply because there are more people...children of those same people who grew up with this 'programming' (and I mean this in the Orwellian sense). To change now would require an almost complete overhaul of the CNN product and its advertisers.

They are hanging onto this audience (barely) by upping the hype and becoming more radical, just like their audience, as time moves on. Yes, it is a losing game, but for now it continues to generate the profits they need.

2. You have to look at who is at the helm of CNN now. Jeff Zucker has been a losing commodity ever since his NBC days. In fact, NBC had to pay him $40m just to get rid of him, and now he's in the head-shed at CNN. He's like one of those executives who seem to float around the industry and have the Midas-Touch...in reverse. Yet, they never seem to go away.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agree with what you've said and thing that's some good background knowledge.

I'd only like to ad another part of where they adopted some of the current format is reality TV. Since the late 90's or early 2000's reality TV (dramatising otherwise mondane situations) has gotten big and seeped into almost every major network. Ironically it was "The Real World" on MTV that really helped take that off.

I have to dig real deep these days to find anything that resembles factual journalism. I haven't watched network "news" other than a debate or something of the sorts for years.

The sad part is, I ask myself, do people want unbiased, unadulterated facts delivered to them so they can make their mind up themselves? I doubt it, if they did we'd have more of those options. People are increasingly looking for confirmation bias while they consume their imitation news product. Speaking of imitation news product, I think I'll start calling it government cheese 🤓

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I hope we see the Democratic party get burned to the ground.

Let them start over.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Revealed this morning: The FBI also planted FAKE stories with the complicit media to obtain the warrants to SPY on the Trump campaign.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

CNN is an obvious player in the anti-Trump escapades yes. So is MSNBC.

But remember the (non cable/sat) Big3 broadcast networks play a bigger role because they have more viewers and they have the power of the primetime dramas, sitcoms and talk shows which are all 95% anti-Trump themed, as is their "news" programs.

Big3+1 = ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS/NPR 😎

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Revealed this morning: The FBI also planted FAKE stories with the complicit media to obtain the warrants to SPY on the Trump campaign.

Source: twitter.com...

They play dirty don't they 😳

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Schadenfreude is OFF THE CHARTS!!!!

and the fact that Schadenfreude enjoyment gets up others ass

XTRA SCHADENFREUDE OVERLOAD > 9k

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: thedigirati

Oh and I am Sillyolme not Ms Silly. Thank you.
The screen name has meaning and again its not what you think.
So use my name and dont make up nick names again.

AHAHAHAHA

Witch nickname would you like to be used?
lol
it is so silly
sockpuppets perhaps?
ctr

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You still going to pay me 1k since they didn't impeach your fav POTUS?

^_^

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
To quote the greaseman who used to be on DC101.

"INCOMING!!!!!, GRAB SOME REAL ESTATE!!"

I am smiling all day now, every day. The result of this will be felt in the swamp for decades.

DECADES.

Fires up more popcorn.

Fred..

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Pres. Trump: MSM Running Fake Story On Homeland Security Pardons

The president calls out the mainstream media for accusing him of offering pardons to Homeland Security personnel to break the law.

President Trump took aim at NBC for running the “fake news story” on Friday, asking how the mainstream media can get more corrupt each day.

😎MSM is trapped

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You got trolled?? Say it isn't so.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The MSM...... When the ship is about to sink.... will all start saying..... I WAS A VICTIM..... I WAS LIED TOO!!..... ITS NOT MY FAULT!

They will go on media blitz saying all these bad people lied to them and the only thing they are guilty of is being deceived... and no one has the right to hold them accountable... because it is not their fault.

I have looked into my crystal ball.... threw a bunch of tea leaves into a cup..... and the future was revealed

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

^_^

that one is a known welcher
no integrity
no shame

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The Pence team did their best but Trump won out.

Not sure what you mean by that?
In a jungle of animals one must always be alert to its prey.

Pence was Hillary's inside man to be there when they impeached Trump. He was also their spy. That is why he also got a letter at Bushes funeral. He will likely see the worst charges when this thing goes to court. He is one screwed man.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

At the same time, covert spying, entrapment, and leaked-lies against Donald Trump, were activated by President Obama's Intelligence and Law Enforcement agency executives.

It would be great if you could... you know.... prove any of that bs.

No?

Yeah didn't think so.

That's what we been saying to you for the last few years.

No?

Yeah, didn't think so.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The third option is that they or their secret rulers are complicit in the abuses and coup attempt, and are desperately trying to deflect from any turnaround or consequences.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I make no secret that I did and still do, support Trump.

I also make no secret to my total disgust over the leftists and their on-going coup attempt.

But I fear that nothing will ever be done and that justice will never be served. We're too far down the path of Banana Republic-style governance.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
The third option is that they or their secret rulers are complicit in the abuses and coup attempt, and are desperately trying to deflect from any turnaround or consequences.

Maybe.

I'd be hard pressed to learn a corporation who is thriving off of Trump would cut off their nose to spite their face.

The arguement they are trying to remove Trump would imply their "morals" supercede profit... I doubt it.

Also, Pence would be worse for everyone's, I assume they know that.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join