It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The balance of good & bad, rich and poor & the rise of evil in the west

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
When see large cities where there are $10-$100 million dollar houses a mile or so from people living on the street (all over the world), I have to wonder if there really isn't some kind of direct correlation to the rich vs the poor. Meaning, if everyone was equal, they might have $250,000 but when some are greedy, they will take 99.9% of that $250,000 from thousands or millions of people, leaving them with basically nothing while they are billionaires. Now this has different levels where some people don't have all their wealth taken, maybe 20%, 30%, 50%, etc - so all people are effected differently.

Now I also wonder if the same type of correlation can be associated with "good" vs "bad"/evil. Is there a natural balance, where there can be one person doing A LOT of bad (think politician) and millions of people doing a little to a lot of good, to make up for the evil - basically setting the equation equal to zero.? When things are equal, society might stay relatively peaceful but when evil overtakes (by one person doing A LOT of extreme evil or recruiting a lot of people to do evil with them) - then society falls into "dark ages" or they fall into chaos, riots, etc.

I think there is INCREDIBLE incentive for people who do evil to hide this correlation and I think this was well known hundreds of years ago, which is why people were killed when found to do evil or bad things, or they were put on prison islands or colonies so they couldn't hurt other people other than other evil doers. Since evil has risen and bad people have been protected, good people are persecuted for protecting themselves. It's time for good people to take a stand and remove some of these evil doers who have usurped traditional values for the depravity that we see everywhere today in large cities and on TV/internet.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Evil is relative. And the line between what constitutes good and evil is exedingly gray and blurry.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Actually, the Constitution was written with this in mind.

So that the envious poor would not just vote in people who would then vote to take everything from people who took the time and effort to succeed at life only to have everything taken from them by... the have nots.

Face it, we live in a country where everyone has the same opportunities...

Except under current Federal law white people.. they have to work harder.

But aside from that, everyone is allowed to succeed or fail depending on their abilities and their will to succeed.

That's why we are not a Democracy.

That's why property rights are so important.

That's why the electoral college was put into place.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I disagree, the uber rich and their lobbyists have been rigging the game in their favor for years, how is that fair? The only power the poor have to compete is numbers, and the more the game gets rigged against the masses the more they are left with relying on those numbers to save themselves.

There's a balance and it's long since been lost. If balance is not restored those numbers will come into play, and then no one wins.
edit on 4/13/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I disagree, the uber rich and their lobbyists have been rigging the game in their favor for years, how is that fair? The only power the poor have to compete is numbers, and the more the game gets rigged against the masses the more they are left with relying on those numbers to save themselves.

There's a balance and it's long since been lost. If balance is not restored those numbers will come into play, and then no one wins.

As someone that was homeless in 1998 to where I am now, I will respectfully disagree.

Yes, the game is rigged... I get that.

But it isn't rigged so badly in favor of the uber rich that you can't still get your slice of the pie as well.

The game will never be too in favor of the uber rich, because without the 70% of small business owners in America... our economy will cease to exist.

So they have a rope to walk as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The rich are getting too greedy and the damn dam is about to break. They've lost any sense of balance and reason.
edit on 4/13/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The rich are getting too greedy and the damn dam is about to break. They've lost any sense of balance and reason.

You're falling for the oldest trick in the book... victimization.

Shut up and go make something for yourself... have the common decency to be self-reliant.

Then come back and let's talk about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Actually, the Constitution was written with this in mind.

So that the envious poor would not just vote in people who would then vote to take everything from people who took the time and effort to succeed at life only to have everything taken from them by... the have nots.

Face it, we live in a country where everyone has the same opportunities...

Except under current Federal law white people.. they have to work harder.

But aside from that, everyone is allowed to succeed or fail depending on their abilities and their will to succeed.

That's why we are not a Democracy.

That's why property rights are so important.

That's why the electoral college was put into place.

Yeah, I know your viewpoint on this, you seem to always be the FRIST to reply whenever this topic is posted, no matter what time of day it is put online - kind of shady IMHO. DO you have a google alert watching for "someone trying to take your hard earned $$"? This is the entire mindset that allows these people to hide - YOU give them the protection.

I'm 100% for allowing people to keep what they earn honestly, but that is not what we have in the US for the largest corperations and many private families, not to mention government's & institutions.

There is a balance and when the poor realize they've been lied to and abused for centuries, there will be a revolution that will eliminate these bloodlines like there has never been before. I suspect this type of thing is similar to what we read about in the old Veda texts of India.
edit on 4 13 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 13 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: The Quote part didn't appear in first reply....

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Am doing that, but it changes nothing about the ever growing wealth gap. Whether I get mine means nothing for the rest of the world, which unlike you, I apparently care about.

People should be able to get along fine by simply going to work and holding a job. That alone isn't enough though, and more and more is expected of people, and frankly we all aren't created equal and all aren't capable of jumping through the hoops necessary to succeed. I actually care about these people.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You're falling for the oldest trick in the book... victimization.

Shut up and go make something for yourself... have the common decency to be self-reliant.

Then come back and let's talk about it.

This isn't about victimization and blaming everyone who speaks out about the ills of the world as having a "victim mentality" is a slippery slope and a dangerous road to go down. I think a vast majority of people don't hold successful people "responsible" for their lack of success, but when some people, institutions or organizations manipulate the system (lobbyists, legislation, etc) to not pay tax, hire illegals, not pay benefits or find a way to get out of the benefits owed (like claiming bankruptcy after selling off all assets from the company, leaving a bankrupt shell holding the debt of the pensions....) and many other thing such as this, they are MORE than righteous in claiming victimhood when they have been effected by this. Loosing jobs b/c these corporations have grown due to buying representatives and creating laws that protect them (often through bribery, blackmail, etc). If you can't see this, then you are part of the problem that gives people who do this cover and support.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The "victimhood" claim by Lumenari is total BS. I responded to her in the above post, but she seems to be overy invested in supporting this narrative for some reason as I said in my second post in this thead. It seems as if she is online 24/7 looking for this topic as she is always the first to chime in and spout her BS about "nothing wrong here, move along, don't claim victimhood, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, want a tissue? - they are for sale on the next isle...".

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I have pondered the role of the stock market in this situation. For example when a company goes public and begins trading. They are beholden to the investors; no longer the employees. Showing profits is the name of the game which most of the time leads to stagnant wages for that company's employees. The CEO's get paid mostly in stock and they want to show profits to keep stock price up so they make more $.

In reality the stock price is separate from the company's actual value- it is based on investors perception of your value because of (I'm saying it again) profits. The bottom line is all that matter; even if they have to keep wages below inflation levels.
How do we fix that?

edit on 14-4-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Is there anything good people could do to stop bad people that wouldnt be evil? I mean, could you murder an evil person?
Could you commit treason to prevent an evil person from doing more evil?
Could you abort hitler?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yin/Yang - everything exists in perfect balance

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

Is there anything good people could do to stop bad people that wouldnt be evil? I mean, could you murder an evil person?
Could you abort hitler?

Some things are just necessary.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

Could you abort hitler?

It’s not murder when justice is dispensed in public. The evil that I see today is to many secrets in the department of justice. To many special deals all depending on who you are, or who you know.

top topics

join