It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to conspiracies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: RighteousTwiglett
Not to sound biased, since I personally don't care for American politics, but when did ATS become a political "us Vs them" spamfest?

If it's not politics then it's a re-bumped years old thread about a dead-end conspiracy that has nowhere is to go and is most likely supporting some snake-oil salesman and their books.

I miss the days when open-minded threads flourished and the idioligy of "this direction Vs that political direction" was still an idiotic pipe-dream pushed by those who wish to deter the population from delving into more interesting subjects.

I may be alone and of I am, so be it, but there's nothing of interest on these sites anymore unless I care deeply about some politicians top 10 favy bowl movements".

The fact that I get mostly "this specific wing, US newspaper" ads on this site says a lot...

I find thoughts like this fascinating. It wasn't until a few years ago that everyone said "Anyone who becomes President is just another insider, one of the chosen elites. It doesn't matter if the President is Bush or Clinton, they are all the same!" It even went further "If a REAL outsider got in then what would they do!? I know I'd vote for ANY outsider"

Well ATS.... an Outsider became President, and we are seeing exactly what we thought we would see, The Elite and the Media doing everything in their power to destroy that President in anyway possible. Why aren't you ALL behind this president? An Outsider was elected, this is what you all wanted many years ago... this IS the biggest conspiracy we've seen in a very long while!

Yes, but....

Yes, but not a deranged outsider.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I agree I used to come here for ancient civilizations and UFOs. Now its Republicans and Democrats bickering back and forth.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Isaiah 8:11-13

11 With his strong hand on me, this is what Jehovah said to me to warn me away from following the course of this people:

12 “You should not call a conspiracy what this people calls a conspiracy!

Do not fear what they fear;

Do not tremble at it.

13 Jehovah of armies—he is the One you should regard as holy,

He is the One you should fear,

And he is the One who should cause you to tremble.”

Today, many find the concept of fearing God quaint but hard to understand. To them, fear is a negative, even paralyzing, emotion. True fear of God, however, has a much broader meaning and is not just a feeling or an emotion.

In Biblical usage the fear of God is a positive concept. (Isaiah 11:3) It is a profound reverence and deep respect for God, a strong desire not to displease him. (Psalm 115:11)

Conspiracy entertainment tends to distract from the more important things to take note of.

It's safe to say that the people who are involved in doing what is described in the video below do not have much fear of or a profound reverence and deep respect for Jehovah God:

edit on 19-4-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: RighteousTwiglett
Not to sound biased, since I personally don't care for American politics, but when did ATS become a political "us Vs them" spamfest?

If it's not politics then it's a re-bumped years old thread about a dead-end conspiracy that has nowhere is to go and is most likely supporting some snake-oil salesman and their books.

I miss the days when open-minded threads flourished and the idioligy of "this direction Vs that political direction" was still an idiotic pipe-dream pushed by those who wish to deter the population from delving into more interesting subjects.

I may be alone and of I am, so be it, but there's nothing of interest on these sites anymore unless I care deeply about some politicians top 10 favy bowl movements".

The fact that I get mostly "this specific wing, US newspaper" ads on this site says a lot...

I find thoughts like this fascinating. It wasn't until a few years ago that everyone said "Anyone who becomes President is just another insider, one of the chosen elites. It doesn't matter if the President is Bush or Clinton, they are all the same!" It even went further "If a REAL outsider got in then what would they do!? I know I'd vote for ANY outsider"

Well ATS.... an Outsider became President, and we are seeing exactly what we thought we would see, The Elite and the Media doing everything in their power to destroy that President in anyway possible. Why aren't you ALL behind this president? An Outsider was elected, this is what you all wanted many years ago... this IS the biggest conspiracy we've seen in a very long while!

I'm not American so my view is from outside. I straight up don't believe Trump is an outsider. He's a billionaire with old money connections. He is one of the elite. An outsider would be if a boilermaker from some tinpot town or a starving travelling musician got the top job. Now that would be truely something. Somehow, I don't think that will ever happen. I think Trump is a psy-op. That conspiracy angle seems to be unpopular around here though.

It still amazes me how the Republican Party can pull off this whole 'he's so anti-establishment'-salespitch. I think you might actually have a hard time finding anyone who isn't a Trump supporter already that believes that a Republican Capitalist and 'convicted' scammer (with Trump University) who claims to be both a Nationalist and a Globalist as he plays the whole anti-globalism angle for his political party and because the political orientation of his target market is anti-globalist (catering to his market), is actually anti-establishment or anti-elite or an "outsider" as PsychoEmperor put it.

Even the notion that Alex Jones is waking people up to what they need to be waking up to (or providing useful information in the field of truthseeking, whichever way you want to put that) is not as far-fetched.

The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000

Slogans and Symbols

Slogans are vague statements that are typically used to express positions or goals. Because of their vagueness, they are easy to agree with.

For example, in times of national crisis or conflict, demagogues may use such slogans as “My country, right or wrong,” “Fatherland, Religion, Family,” or “Freedom or Death.” [whereislogic: “Make America Great Again”, “Yes We Can”] But do most people carefully analyze the real issues involved in the crisis or conflict? Or do they just accept what they are told?

● In the recent flurry of published information celebrating Albert Einstein’s centennial, news columnist Joseph Kraft wrote concerning Einstein’s views on nationalism: “[Einstein] set an example in renouncing nationalism. ‘I never identified myself with any particular country,’ he once wrote. He called nationalism ‘an infantile disease . . . the measles of the human race.’”

Similarly, in a letter to the editor of Bombay’s “Indian Express” newspaper, an Indian man stated: “I do not believe in patriotism. It is an opium innovated by the politicians to serve their ugly ends. It is for their prosperity. It is for their betterment. It is for their aggrandizement. It is never for the country. It is never for the nation. It is never never for common men and women like you and I. . . . This sinister politician-invented wall shall divide man from man​—and brother from brother; till one day it shall bring about man’s doom by man. Patriotism or nationalism, to my mind, is an idiotic exercise in artificial loyalty. . . . I take no hypocritical pride in being petty this or that. I belong to mankind.”

● Why is the world so disunited in spite of efforts by many apparently sincere and dedicated world leaders? Philippine educator Primo L. Tongko commented on one factor in “PHP” magazine.

He observes that “national anthems and national flags have frequently given rise to a very questionable human motive of extreme or blind love of country, they have tended to make people fanatically nationalistic, so much so that sometimes they have not been ashamed even to say, ‘My country right or wrong.’”

“Nationalistic attitudes” have filled the “pages of history with continuous wars for conquest, colonization, exploitation and oppression,” Tongko notes, “thus giving rise to all kinds of prejudices, suspicions and hatred that now divide the world.”

Sources: Insight on the News (1979) and Insight on the News (1977)
edit on 19-4-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Dagnabbit you told them I said be quiet about it so "you know who" don't figure out "what cannot be named".

Mums the word, just like bird, or haven't you heard...

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAGuy369
I agree I used to come here for ancient civilizations and UFOs. Now its Republicans and Democrats bickering back and forth.

Me too. Not sure what happened, i got sucked into the political black hole and forgot about conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join