It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to conspiracies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Not to sound biased, since I personally don't care for American politics, but when did ATS become a political "us Vs them" spamfest?

If it's not politics then it's a re-bumped years old thread about a dead-end conspiracy that has nowhere is to go and is most likely supporting some snake-oil salesman and their books.

I miss the days when open-minded threads flourished and the idioligy of "this direction Vs that political direction" was still an idiotic pipe-dream pushed by those who wish to deter the population from delving into more interesting subjects.

I may be alone and of I am, so be it, but there's nothing of interest on these sites anymore unless I care deeply about some politicians top 10 favy bowl movements".

The fact that I get mostly "this specific wing, US newspaper" ads on this site says a lot...

edit on 13-4-2019 by RighteousTwiglett because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2019 by RighteousTwiglett because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RighteousTwiglett

The biggest conspiracy now is the on-going coup attempt by leftist elements within the US government to overthrow a sitting president and shred the US Constitution.

A rather pretty big deal, if I say so myself.

Many here think so, also many think not or are aligned with the leftist elements trying to overthrow the current US government.

Again. . . a pretty big deal.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As a citizen uninterested in politics (your views are just as important though), I feel conspiracy threads should hold just as much weight, since not all folk are in the mindset of aligning to sides, which from my experience tends to be a mostly USA thing.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Conspiracies come in all shapes and sizes - one of the biggest conspiracies in modern history is unfolding right now.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think that the Democrats and MSM have a franchise on conspiracies now, we can't do one without paying a royalty now.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The biggest conspiracy now is the on-going coup attempt by leftist elements within the US government to overthrow a sitting president and shred the US Constitution.

A rather pretty big deal, if I say so myself.

Many here think so, also many think not or are aligned with the leftist elements trying to overthrow the current US government.

Again. . . a pretty big deal.

But, that is not a conspiracy, that is just the way it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RighteousTwiglett

As a citizen uninterested in politics (your views are just as important though), I feel conspiracy threads should hold just as much weight, since not all folk are in the mindset of aligning to sides, which from my experience tends to be a mostly USA thing.

It's not just the US though, and this is where the conspiracy flourishes - this is a global thing, hell, an aussie politician (Downer) is implicated in doing anti-Trump stuff done dirt cheap at the behest of the sitting US government at the time.

Then there is the role of the UKs GCHQ - they had spying-OCD at the behest of the sitting US government at the time.

I honestly fail to see how an attempted coup on a sitting US president is not a AAA conspiracy, if he turns out to be a time traveler, you're gonna be pissed you missed the context.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

^shrugs^

Okay.

The neat part about this site is that you can delve into other conspiracies.

Just don't deny me mine.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well, then, go create a topic you're interested in. You are being passive. The people posting here are interested in what they are interested in. No apology necessary. If you like Food & Cooking, go post a recipe. You aren't restricted to political threads.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think the stock answer these days goes something like ...”if you’re not happy with the content, please make your own threads and be the change you want to see”

Which is pretty sound advIce for a website that is completely user driven.

With that said, I see both sides.
I miss the old days and all the cool threads.

But as others have said... there is definitely some conspiracies happening only now they are in plain site in the political/social/digital realm, and they are not just for basement dwellers or whatever the old stereotypes are.

Isn’t the fact that the “party of science “ claims that there are 80+ genders spooky enough?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Learned many years ago, everything is politics. Can't even debate that one anymore.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

When the job is to shine the government's boots, how can entertaining conspiracies against the same government make sense?

Therefore, the lack of conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All the conspiracies of a political nature came true. It makes it hard when the conspiracies become fact.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yup, standard answer is to just make your own threads. Many appreciate the non-political threads, so don't be shy. There are many interesting topics to choose from and we love variety.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There's no conspiracies cause all the bull#'s out in the open hittin the fan spaying on everyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Pssst...I think you meant spying. LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, we weren't wiped out by a massive CME during Solar maximum. Nibiru is still a no show, again. Elenin was a disappointing comet (as were a couple of others). 2012? Pfft.

But the Earth is flat and us sheeple are victims of the widest conspiracy ever, we actually think the world is round.

Have you visited the Q thread? A good conspiracy wallow.

www.vox.com...

edit on 4/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I disagree

The whole Russian/Trump collusion was the biggest fake conspiracy in the last 2 years

I mean the Russian conspiracy is the political equivalence of flat earth conspiracy....

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Whatever happened to conspiracies?

It's a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Someone new or not well read or versed (not saying you) in conspiracies might think so...however...think about this...Government corruption (everyone knows it happens no matter what country) crooks, UFOs, Bigfoot, Regime change in third world countries by TPTB (CIA et al), Crypto creatures, can you think of one so called conspiracy that has not been vetted on ATS ? Yellow shirts in France and Muslims you name it as everything has been talked about or posted... So....Unless some new conspiracy comes along you might and well sit back and wait.. or.. listen to how you are being programed in what to believe and it is going to get worse when they block every dissenting word... youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join