Reincarnation - The Facts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So does this mean I was not Atila the hun after all..........

We are part of nature as nature is a part of us. Life death and regeneration is the key to the whole universe renewing itself and constantly changing.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey Seapeople -

What point were you trying to point out because I think you've totally missed my point. I started this thread to tell people what I thought about reincarnation, what my views on reincarnation is. My view on reincarnation is that we die, we got back into the earth and we are made into something else, this is what I see as reincarnation. Sorry if I missed out an important point, but I don't agree with you saying the title should be changed.

What are your views on reincarnation? Do you not think that what I've said is right?

I'm not trying to cause any issues or start an argument, just trying to tell people my opinion on something, sorry if it doesn't suit you.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
the argument provided in the opening thread of this topic is wrong. .

What argument anyway?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
deleted.....what I wrote has been covered. I really need to make it all the way thru the thread before I start opening my yap. Sorry.

Love and light,

Wupy

[edit on 2-3-2005 by mrwupy]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hey Mrwupy-

Yeah we were discussing this earlier on in the thread. I do not believe it myself personally, if it were true then surely it would be all over the media etc.

Anyway I'm going for a jog, my soul's getting a bit overweight

DC1

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can't quite pinpoint anymore if this thread is about reincarnation, recycling or the earth's mass... Still, a thought crosses my mind.

I do not believe in reincarcation (sorry 00PS), yet I certainly do not scorn who does. Said that, I have often objectively thought about it and my every deduction was strongly defied by the fact that no one (apparently) seems to remember anything about any possible previous life.

Only one point has remained unscathed from my already biased, non-believeing approach and that being the fact that each person has one or more 'talents'. By talent I mean simply the ability to draw with more ease than another, a natural 'ear' for music, a mathematical mind...any such example.

Could these 'talents' possibly be a small percentage of previous lives' abilities/activities that remain whilst all else fades away?

I'm posting this while considering how to crush my own suppositions, he he he, objective/skeptic that I am

Phixion, in any case, what you are saying is basically correct - dust to dust etc... yes, everything goes back to be 'part' of the earth again. It's just a little disheartening to think that we'll all be a little lump of humus one day

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I got a question...

let say that a person die 1000 years ago...now supposidly he is reincarnate in this life time...

However, let that science was able to find ways to reanimated the dead bodie that same person...

Are they same person or different?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't quite understand the question..?

Are you asking if we were able to bring his body back from the dead, will it be him or someone else? If that is the question then I'm afraid I dont know the answer! I guess it all depends on wether you believe the soul leaves the body when someone dies. If it does then no it wouldn't be the same 'person', just a lump of skin, bones with a few organs inbetween.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So whats been established so far? Lets see, each of us consume matter and return it to the earth as fertilizer and then become fertilizer ourselves when we pass on. Ok, I'm a composte heap.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that insight into my existence.

Still, reincarnation deals with the human spirit. Depending on your belief system it involves karma, spiritual debt and rebirth to deal with both.

You are more than the mud and blood you call your body. It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Yes, when you pass on you leave everything of this world and it gets recycled. That has NOTHING to do with spirituality or reincarnation.

You are not a human being having a spiritual adventure, you are a spiritual being having a human one.

Thats my two nickels on it anyway.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I always find it funny when some christain scoff at reincarnation, when it was origanlly in thier bible.... recorded in the Bible. But the proper interpretations were struck from it during an Ecumenical Council meeting of the Catholic Church in Constantinople sometime around 553 A.D, called the Council of Nicea. The Council members voted to strike those teachings from the Bible in order to solidify control by the church.

No disrespect even remotely intended LadyV, but I've read what you're indicating here. However, Twould be good to see some validation of this.

Thanks,

Dan Farmer

Wanna come back as my Aunt Mildred's pet cat!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Greetings LadyV

I always find it funny when some christain scoff at reincarnation, when it was origanlly in thier bible.... recorded in the Bible. But the proper interpretations were struck from it during an Ecumenical Council meeting of the Catholic Church in Constantinople sometime around 553 A.D, called the Council of Nicea. The Council members voted to strike those teachings from the Bible in order to solidify control by the church.

I KNEW this would come up, it always does :-)

No offence LadyV, but you are mistaken.

The legend that the Council of Nicea removed re-incarnation from the Bible is very common on the internet - but there is no evidence it happened.

Firstly, note that the Council of Nicea took place in 325CE (553CE was 2nd council of Constantinople.)

We still have the official records of this Council (the Creed, the Canons and the Synodal Letter.)

You can read a copy of the these here :

www.newadvent.org...

You will note there is NO MENTION of re-incarnation (nor any mention of deciding the books of the bible, another common internet myth.)

Also,
we have several accounts of the meeting, some from people who attended it.

None of them makes any mention of re-incarnation (nor the books of the Bible.)

Roger Pearse has an excellent essay detailing these accounts of the Council, showing they made no mention of re-incarnation :
www.tertullian.org...

Iasion

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Greetings all,

The experiment did take place early last century.

The accuracy of the experiment was very poor -
the results showed some bodies weight increased, some decreased, some stayed the same weight.

One of the results was a decrease of 21.3 grams (not 23.)

This result was noted and the other results ignored - so that today we even have a movie called "21 grams" based on this myth.

You can check the facts here :
www.snopes.com...

I am starting to wonder if ANYONE here ever even tries to check the facts of stories such as these :-)

Iasion

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

Originally posted by riley
and for every plant and animal that has ever existed in the last 5 billion years.. thats a hell of alot of dirt added to the planet's crust.
[Yeah I know that doesn't sound very scientific.]

Yeah but isn't dirt already on the planet? If your talking about excretion, the food is already here, we just eat it then put it back on earth.

No.. I was reffering to decomposition.. all the thousands of dead forests etc. from over the last three [give or take depending on when life begun] billion years that now lie under kilometres of rock. Though that wouldn't make any difference to the density of the core- it would mean the crust is a fraction thicker than it would have been when our planet was barren of life.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In reply to the site www.snopes.com... wouldn't all souls weigh the same? What would make one person's soul weigh more or less than another?

As mentioned previously in the therad, wouldn't the lost weight be due to heat lost from the body? When the human organs arn't working, blood isn't pumping etc, surely this could lower the weight by a few grams.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
As mentioned previously in the therad, wouldn't the lost weight be due to heat lost from the body? When the human organs arn't working, blood isn't pumping etc, surely this could lower the weight by a few grams.

I'm pretty certain that the body excretes all the contents of the digestive system after death.. not sure how long afterwards this is but I'm just wondering if this was taken into acount when they were 'estimating' the weight of these departed 'souls'.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I do not see why the church has such a problem with the concept of karma and reincarnation. The early founders of christianity belived in reincarnation.

"After the original generations of Christians, we find the early Church Fathers, such as Justin Martyr (AD 100-l65), St. Clement of Alexandria ( AD 150-220), and Origen ( AD 185-254) teaching the pre-existence of souls, taking up reincarnation or one or another aspect of reimbodiment.

Examples are scattered through Origen's works, especially Contra Celsum (1, xxxii), where he asks: "Is it not rational that souls should be introduced into bodies, in accordance with their merits and previous deeds . . . ?"

And in De Principiis he says that "the soul has neither beginning nor end."

St. Jerome (AD 340-420), translator of the Latin version of the Bible known as the Vulgate, in his Letter to Demetrias (a Roman matron), states that some Christian sects in his day taught a form of reincarnation as an esoteric doctrine, imparting it to a few "as a traditional truth which was not to be divulged."

From Sunrise magazine, May 1973. Copyright © 1973 by Theosophical University Press. Full article: www.theosophy-nw.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jah Warrior 108
I do not see why the church has such a problem with the concept of karma and reincarnation. The early founders of christianity belived in reincarnation.

And as I posted earlier in this thread...

I always find it funny when some christain scoff at reincarnation, when it was origanlly in thier bible.... the proper interpretations were struck from it during an Ecumenical Council meeting of the Catholic Church in Constantinople sometime around 553 A.D, called the Council of Nicea. The Council members voted to strike those teachings from the Bible in order to solidify control by the church.

[edit on 3/3/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

And as I posted earlier in this thread...

H lady V, I did see your quote, thought i'd back it up with some more quotes

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If there was no recreation, there would be no purpose to a mans life, for his entire life would be a blink of an eye in the universe. A man's purpose is his journey, and just like the distance between stars are measured in light years, the journey of a soul is measured in life times.

You see, you will always be, because you are not matter, and where will you go once you have no body?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hiyall!!

Well, I must say, what an interesting read, here's something that I believe in.

Time is an illusion. In the eyes of God, the past, present and future, all happen simultaneously. So, you being born is happening NOW, you dieing, is happening NOW, everything is happening RIGHT NOW.

So why am I focused on this single point in time? This is where our souls decided it needed to focus to learn and gain experience. Re-incarnation is also an illusion and is part of the illusion of Time. Our souls are actually functioning in other bodies, whether alien, animal, or human right NOW, except (and i said it before) its currently focused in YOU at THIS POINT in time AND space.

Everyone who 'incarnates' on earth are attracted to EARTH because they have a victim mentality, each and every human on this planet are victims of some sort. If we weren't, we'd probably incarnate on Khoom (Planet around Sirius A) or other planets that are inhabitable..

So, what do we do now? You are here right now because you are at the best time to learn what you need to learn, so take advantage of that, and sort your life out, learn what life is about, and experience every good thing that involves you.....

All the best
Merger

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join