It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation - The Facts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
OOPS-"As souls may leave the earthly world I think it's safe to say too that earth leaves the earthly world too. What about asteroids that crash on the earth, there is mass added no?"

In my first post; The mass of Earth is 5.9742 × 1024 kilograms. This mass never changes until a rocket is launched into space or an asteroid hits the earth.

I Was Wrong!!!

Book Suggestion: Bhagavad Gita AS IT IS - by His Diving Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

[edit on 2-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Huh?

On my first post I stated that the mass does not change UNLESS a rocket is launched into space or an ASTEROID hits the earth. The rocket will make the earth lose mass, the asteroid will make it gain.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I've heard a theroy that the soul weighs 23 grams. There is supposedly a doctor who weighed the body at the exact time of death and when the soul left the body, it weighed 23 grams less

I heard of this exsperiiment, altho I have also heard the guy rigged it...

I think they should redo this again to see if it actually holds water..

I believe we are reincarnated, but not forever.. I believe we come here and other places to become that true "god" being...

In other words I dont think we stay on this earth, we goto other places as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Huh?

On my first post I stated that the mass does not change UNLESS a rocket is launched into space or an ASTEROID hits the earth. The rocket will make the earth lose mass, the asteroid will make it gain.

The Rocket Comes Back To Earth, The Asteroid Doesn't Go Back To Space

[edit on 2-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
not all rockets come back to earth.. where did you here they all come back????

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Huh?

The Rocket Comes Back To Earth, The Asteroid Doesn't Go Back To Space

Yes? So? Asteroids add to the earths mass, I've already stated that. What is your point exactly?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So does that means that scientist weigh the earth and internationally coordinate rocket weight as so to keep the divine balance of 500 x 10 that talk about?

How can you prove the earth's mass never changes?

Is that why we leave space debris and put up sattelites, to keep this balance? What if the Astronauts gain a pound or two on the space station, do they have to work out to come back or just leave an extra beam of steel up their floating around to bring the balance back?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think you've missed the point....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Dude, I found a Harvard Astrophysist to Back You Up!!!

Keep the good vibes, See I am open minded!

Date: Tue Aug 4 09:40:36 1998
Posted By: Pauline Barmby, grad student, Harvard University Astronomy Dept.
Area of science: Physics
ID: 899098135.Ph
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dove - you are right that spaceships and satellites
take a small amount of matter away from the surface of the Earth.
But this amount is very, very small. For example, consider a
2 metric-ton satellite, which has a mass of 2000 kg. The Earth's
mass is 6x10^24 kg, so the satellite has only
3x10^(-25), or 0.0000000000000000000000003 times the mass of the Earth.
Pretty small, so even a million satellites will not have much effect.

The Earth also gains mass when meteorites fall to the ground from space.
I don't know how big the total mass gain is, but it might even be enough
to balance mass loss due to satellites.

The Earth's orbit will change in time, but this will be due more to
gravitational perturbations from the other planets, and slight changes
in the mass of the Sun as it ages. I don't know if rocket exhaust, for
example, causes chemical changes in the atmosphere; it might be
interesting to try and find out about this on the Web.

Pauline

Date: Sat Apr 22 13:42:07 2000
Posted By: Pauline Barmby, grad student, Harvard University Astronomy Dept.
Area of science: Astronomy
ID: 955195423.As
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie,

Almost nothing we do has any effect on the mass of the Earth. Cutting down trees, having babies, etc, make no difference -- we are just moving matter around, not removing it from the Earth. And the amount of matter we do remove from the Earth is very tiny - see this answer for a calculation illustrating this.

At least to a first approximation, changing the Earth's mass wouldn't change its orbit anyway. The orbit of something around the Sun does not depend on its mass, as long as that mass is much smaller than that of the Sun (the Earth's mass is about three millionths that of the Sun). Of course, changing the Earth's mass would affect the Moon's orbit, which would have a small effect on the Earth-Moon system's orbit around the Sun and could also affect things like the tilt of the Earth's axis.

The Earth's orbit probably has varied over the hisroty of the solar system -- there are scientists who try and figure out what these variations were and correlate them with things like geological records of climate change. But as far as I know, the variation in Earth's orbit is supposed to be caused by the small gravitational effects of the other planets, not by anything `internal' to Earth. Try our search engine - look up "orbit climate" - to find out more.

Pauline

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I also want to share this with you. It may be that your theory of Reincarnation holds up because your main theory about mass more supports the theory there is no heaven, not that there is in fact re-incarnation.

PROOF THAT THERE IS NO AFTERLIFE

Over time, people die and enter Heaven, but no one comes back from Heaven,
so the number of souls in Heaven is constantly increasing. Of course, these
souls have to be coming from somewhere, otherwise the law of conservation
of mass is being violated. Where the souls are coming from is of course
Earth. Now the Bible says that the righteous go on to live in the kingdom
of God for eternity. Thus, Heaven has an infinite duration. But the Earth
has a finite mass and if souls are leaving it at some rate then eventually
its mass will be depleted below zero, which is impossible - nothing can
have negative mass. Therefore Heaven cannot exist. A similar argument
applies to Hell, Gehennom, Elysium, Hades, and any other form of
afterlife. (The special case of reincarnation is somewhat more difficult
and will not be presented here.)

Note: The preceding paragraph is a work of satire. It contains numerous
scientific and mathematical errors. Please do not bother contacting me if
you only want to point out these errors. Otherwise, write away! - Ed.

On the other hand, if you if you have comments or improvements on this
theory that are in the same spirit as this was written you can send them to
this site - Joachim.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thank you very much for that contribution, greatly appreciated. Where abouts did you get that from?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I made them up myself

Haha j/k

I don't know I just copy and paste and close the window. I did a little searching and refined searching on google...you can do it too!!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah - those letters/e-mails reiterate my point. Matter cannot be created nor destroyed, only moved about. The earth is the earth, it has exactly the same things which it had on it when it was created, they've just been shuffled around a bit. My point was that we were already on this earth when it was created, as parts of matter. When we die will be go back into the earth to create something else, i.e reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah - those letters/e-mails reiterate my point. Matter cannot be created nor destroyed, only moved about. The earth is the earth, it has exactly the same things which it had on it when it was created, they've just been shuffled around a bit. My point was that we were already on this earth when it was created, as parts of matter. When we die will be go back into the earth to create something else, i.e reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Your double post made that point double clear

Now what about the souls? How can you prove the souls actually one have mass and two don't leave the earth. If 2 ton sattelites don't make a difference even if there are millions of themleaving the earth as the Harvard lady says, then what about souls...let's connect the first point to this piont....whaddya got? See I'm not saying you are wrong I am just trying to get it out of you in a clear way that motivates me to research and understand you, is that ok?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah that's fine with me

I personally do not believe that the soul weighs anything. A scientist called MacDougall once performed the 'soul' experiment, (weighing someone before and after death, hoping to find the body is a bit lighter after death and therefore attempting to prove the soul has a weight), but he performed the same experiment on dogs and found that the body did not lose any weight. He claimed that this proved his theory right and that dogs were not worthy to have a religion, and therefore they did not have a soul. It is all a bit confusing really. When I started this thread I wasn't trying to say that the soul has a weight, was just stating about the mass of the earth never changing and how we just become part of something else when we die.

Personally I do not believe the 'soul' has a weight.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well that's obvious. Look at the phrase, Pushing Up Daisies.

We of course physically become something else when we die.

But how can we link our soul to a next form of matter. That must be not fact but faith. Belief. I do. Do You?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I really do not know. I am such an Agnostic it is unbelievable. My Gran passed away last December, even though I do not class myself a 'Christian' I still prayed to God for her. I don't believe in everything that one religion preaches, I just believe there is something there, something greater than us, and I call it God.

When we die I doubt that the soul will attach to the piece of matter we are because I mean come on, who wants t be stuck as a tree for a hundred odd years

I believe something along the lines of our soul leaving matter entirely, but still being alive. Wow my heads just started smoking *overload*.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I looked through this thread and saw that a few people hit on something that the author is oblivious too much like he is oblivious to reality. I do not know however why is wasn't stressed to a greater degree.

The earth is gaining mass steadily. Literally tons of extraterrestrial debris falls to its surface every year. Its kinda like a constant asteroid. As to the argument earlier about everyone dying and leaving a little more dirt...thats wrong as well. We are all made from whats here. End of story. It is what is here however, that is changing.

Based on this simple and obvious FACT, the argument provided in the opening thread of this topic is wrong. It was not fully thought out. Go back, and find some more "FACTS" for us to look at next time buddy. This time you showed how little you pay attention. Good luck in your reincarnated body. Maybe you will look a little more intelligent when you post in your next life.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think what phixion is labeling as "reincarnation" can be more correctly labeled as "recycling"

The Earth recycles matter.

Reincarnation refers to souls being born again into material body.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join