It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation - The Facts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Reincarnation is not a myth, not a legend, not a story told in certain religions, not a belief, it's a fact.

The mass of Earth is 5.9742 × 1024 kilograms. This mass never changes until a rocket is launched into space or an asteroid hits the earth. Everything that is on the earth now has been on the earth since the beginning of time. Raw materials from the earth are processed into things like cars, houses, furniture etc. We eat food which has been processed from the earth, we exrete part of it out and the rest is either stored on our body or put back into the atmosphere in the form of heat.

When we die we are buried or cremated. When we are cremated we are put into the atmosphere in form of heat, and then the ashes are placed somewhere on the earth. When we are buried we rot away and we're eaten by insects, worms etc. Worms and insects will die and be eaten by something else etc. Eventually everything comes back round and we will be, for example, a part of a tree. This tree will die, fall to the ground and be part of the earth again.

So because the earth's mass never changes, we are continually being reincarnation back into the earth, we never disappear, we were always here and always will be.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
True. We go back into the environment in the form of ash (cremation) or as biological matter for the earth (decomposition). However, the people that do believe in reincarnation believe you become another being like a snake, rat, snail, whatever. I wouldn't necessarily classify what you're talking about as reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That is great but what about the matter that doesnt actually have any mass. It is naieve to believe that all parts of our being can be physically weighed and quantified.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think there is some truth to reincarnation - could be another chance...and another...and another. However, I also think that our spirit is weightless, and we have each life as a chance to either make it to a higher place or do life again and hope we get it right by judgement day. Then the earth will rest a while and either we or another will do it allover again.

It is also important to note: we don't remember the former lives, and I think we don't know it because we are not supposed to know it. Why? That is just not for us to know yet. Looking for knoweldge can get bad when we look for things that we weren't supposed to know yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Anubis_
However, the people that do believe in reincarnation believe you become another being like a snake, rat, snail, whatever. I wouldn't necessarily classify what you're talking about as reincarnation.

Yes I agree with you, but my point was that we ARE all reincarnated, we are all brought back into the world, we never leave. Our bodies now are made up millions of years of production, when our heart fails we die, our body goes back into the ground and maybe another million of years later part of it is made into a new body.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've heard a theroy that the soul weighs 23 grams. There is supposedly a doctor who weighed the body at the exact time of death and when the soul left the body, it weighed 23 grams less

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yeah there was a film called "21 grams". Don't know if it's true or not...

www.21-grams.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
I've heard a theroy that the soul weighs 23 grams. There is supposedly a doctor who weighed the body at the exact time of death and when the soul left the body, it weighed 23 grams less

I recall a study like that many years ago. I thought it was less than 1 gram and that it was not a loss of weight that happened right away, but took a few hours. If memory serves right, this was noted to probably be the body losing its heat - and since heat rises, it could explain the wieghtloss.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I always find it funny when some christain scoff at reincarnation, when it was origanlly in thier bible.... recorded in the Bible. But the proper interpretations were struck from it during an Ecumenical Council meeting of the Catholic Church in Constantinople sometime around 553 A.D, called the Council of Nicea. The Council members voted to strike those teachings from the Bible in order to solidify control by the church.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
So because the earth's mass never changes, we are continually being reincarnation back into the earth, we never disappear, we were always here and always will be.

Isn't the detonation of an atomic bomb the destruction of a single atom, wouldn't this change the total mass of the earth?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
No because the atom is turned into energy, heat, light etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

No because the atom is turned into energy, heat, light etc.

But light and heat and energy dissipate through the earth's atmosphere. Greenhouse effect is when it's stuck and trapped in...I'm beginning to sincerely doubt any logic to this thread. Can you please add more, tank is getting empty.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Pardon? Don't participate in the discussion if you don't agree with it, no one made you.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Pardon? Don't participate in the discussion if you don't agree with it, no one made you.

Woah dude, nice to meet you too. Don't forget, keep the vibes positive...see ya around cuz I'm on my way out the door, don't wanna spoil the mood I just don't think that your evidence really proves that re-incarnation is a fact.

I belive it is based on Vedanta philosophy, Vedic literature and like this quote from the Bhagavad-Gita, "As the embodied soul continuosly passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the sould similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change."

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok sorry - thought you were trying to have a go on your previous post.

*Bad vibes cleared*

I was just at my friends house last night, there were a few of us there, and one guy just came out with the random comment about the earths mass never changing apart from when a rocket is launched or an asteroid hits. Then the convosation moved onto reincarnation etc. The evidence is that it's true, when we die we go back into the earth and create other things, we are reincarnated into other things.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ok sorry - thought you were trying to have a go on your previous post.

*Bad vibes cleared*

I was just at my friends house last night, there were a few of us there, and one guy just came out with the random comment about the earths mass never changing apart from when a rocket is launched or an asteroid hits. Then the convosation moved onto reincarnation etc. The evidence is that it's true, when we die we go back into the earth and create other things, we are reincarnated into other things.

I am a true believer of re-incarnation. But, I also belive that there is another universe as explained in vedic literature and that a yogi who has mastered trancedental knowledge and englightenment may leave his body at any time and enter the realm of the universe.

As souls may leave the earthly world I think it's safe to say too that earth leaves the earthly world too. What about asteroids that crash on the earth, there is mass added no?

I think this guy that says the earths mass never changes doesn't really know what he's talking about. I don't really know much about science and mass either but I just think I can prove him wrong so easy don't insult re-incarnation by trying to prove it with such lousy arguements...

let's talk about reincarnation though, do you think you will come back as a human?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This mass never changes until a rocket is launched into space or an asteroid hits the earth.

I understand the general point you are making.. but I'm pretty sure the planet actually does and is changing mass.. it might not be a marked difference to us as it's a slow process but everything that has died on the planet has left that little bit more dirt than before it existed.. and for every plant and animal that has ever existed in the last 5 billion years.. thats a hell of alot of dirt added to the planet's crust.

[Yeah I know that doesn't sound very scientific.]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
OOPS-"As souls may leave the earthly world I think it's safe to say too that earth leaves the earthly world too. What about asteroids that crash on the earth, there is mass added no?"

In my first post; The mass of Earth is 5.9742 × 1024 kilograms. This mass never changes until a rocket is launched into space or an asteroid hits the earth.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

when we die we go back into the earth and create other things, we are reincarnated into other things.

If you dont mind me adding, I think you've described the circle of life and the flow of nature...

I beleive the idea that your body is just a vehicle and our souls are never-ending "balls" of energy which learn and grow through the centuries.

When we die, we may choose to "Give earth another shot" - or not

This is a subject I have a great interest in and if anyone can please recommend some good books it would be much appreciated

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
and for every plant and animal that has ever existed in the last 5 billion years.. thats a hell of alot of dirt added to the planet's crust.
[Yeah I know that doesn't sound very scientific.]

Yeah but isn't dirt already on the planet? If your talking about excretion, the food is already here, we just eat it then put it back on earth.

In reply to 00PS - No I don't think I will come back as a human, I have no idea what will happen when I die and I doubt I will ever 'know' what is going to happen until it does...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join