It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 facts maybe you don't know about antimatter propulsion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
a reply to: alfa015

Well they (some people) say that the Government has technology 50 years ahead of the main stream so maybe they already have a working ship. That is just wishful thinking though.

Ha ha.

The government is not even competent to launch a working website.

The US military, however, through brute force techniques, backed by almost unlimited resources, are surely a couple decades ahead of anything else on the planet.

I would be very disappointed if this were not the case.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alfa015

all fuelling and storage would have to be carried out by automation.

any transportation modules would need to be attached near the last minute.

in my opinion f.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: watchitburn

Anti-gravity is way cheaper (and cooler).

Yes and would negate all the issues regarding mass, i.e, no infinite mass @ speed of light, acceleration/deceleration G effects, amount of energy required to move eg.
No idea why it's such a taboo area for many researchers and scientists, just because we don't know at present (publically anyway) certainly doesn't mean it's not possible.
Thank goodness for those that dare to look for, and hopefully one day find, the answers outside of the limited current mainstream (manipulated?) perception.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Until we can conquer gravity antimatter propulsion is a dream. Can anyone actually define gravity with any accuracy?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Until we can conquer gravity antimatter propulsion is a dream. Can anyone actually define gravity with any accuracy?

how about '''gravity equals non-uniform motion'''?

2nd

f.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
While I am all for dreaming big. Well sometimes, your head is so far in the clouds that you end up tripping on a twig and impale yourself on a sharpened pencil, in that long fall down. From time to time, may want to keep your eyes to the ground.

I do not even see a reason or point to things becoming more technological then they are now, nor will they. And if anything maybe it would have been better that things never progressed beyond the horse and carriage, as that is the highest mindset were a lot of people are at. Even in venting the internet may have been a bad idea, but then again, how would people find out how much of idiots they are without it, so it was necessary.

So ya, no anti matter, and this whole traveling to other planets and stars. Put it on the back burner, and leave it in the stories, there in the section at the library right next to fantasy, right next to Gandalf and Harry Potter. I mean so many issues and problems on hand, and when you dont even have a definitive definition gravity, I would say, your really reaching with anti-matter.

Now if people want to put there mind to something and solve something, maybe start with something much more easy then trying to living some million of lightyears away on a planet that would likely kill you in a second if you actually step out of the buggy. Such as climate change, and even in that it would take generations just to sort through all the bull#, or how about balancing the budget, they have been trying to do that for oh over a hundred years now. Still have not succeeded.

But all that it would be infinitely easier then making a anti-matter drive to head of to another system. Eyes to the ground. Or at least once in a while, least you all trip over your own feet.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I find it a really interesting and fascinating field. This could be the future of space travel if they can iron out the effects on the human body with long distance travel.

There sure are some clever people out there who can come up with and work all this stuff out

D

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Can anyone actually define gravity with any accuracy?

It's an attractive force between masses caused by curvature of spacetime.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Correct, but I believe what Nickn3 meant(correct me if I'm wrong) was what causes gravity? Until we can figure that out, we're kind of taking stabs in the dark.

One of the best thought experiments I've heard goes like this:

If the Sun magically disappeared, would the planets go flying off instantaneously? Or would there be a delay like the 8 minutes for light to travel from the Sun to Earth? Is gravity carried by a particle like light is carried by photons and limited to c or is it something else entirely?

Force Carrier

There is one kind of field for every type of elementary particle. For instance, there is an electric field whose quanta are electrons, and an electromagnetic field whose quanta are photons.[1] The force carrier particles that mediate the electromagnetic, weak, and strong interactions are called gauge bosons.

Gravity is not a part of the Standard Model, but it is thought that there may be particles called gravitons which are the excitations of gravitational waves. The status of this particle is still tentative, because the theory is incomplete and because the interactions of single gravitons may be too weak to be detected.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
While I am all for dreaming big. Well sometimes, your head is so far in the clouds that you end up tripping on a twig and impale yourself on a sharpened pencil, in that long fall down. From time to time, may want to keep your eyes to the ground.

I do not even see a reason or point to things becoming more technological then they are now, nor will they. And if anything maybe it would have been better that things never progressed beyond the horse and carriage, as that is the highest mindset were a lot of people are at. Even in venting the internet may have been a bad idea, but then again, how would people find out how much of idiots they are without it, so it was necessary.

So ya, no anti matter, and this whole traveling to other planets and stars. Put it on the back burner, and leave it in the stories, there in the section at the library right next to fantasy, right next to Gandalf and Harry Potter. I mean so many issues and problems on hand, and when you dont even have a definitive definition gravity, I would say, your really reaching with anti-matter.

Now if people want to put there mind to something and solve something, maybe start with something much more easy then trying to living some million of lightyears away on a planet that would likely kill you in a second if you actually step out of the buggy. Such as climate change, and even in that it would take generations just to sort through all the bull#, or how about balancing the budget, they have been trying to do that for oh over a hundred years now. Still have not succeeded.

But all that it would be infinitely easier then making a anti-matter drive to head of to another system. Eyes to the ground. Or at least once in a while, least you all trip over your own feet.

Sure, Wright Bros and all.

Maybe,

From the Earth to the Moon is an 1865 novel by Jules Verne.

A real fantasy back in the days. Maybe I got your post wrong but I think that if people don't experiment with their beliefs beyond, then surely the populace are stuck here. There will be a race beyond the moon and mars, not now but like flight, may take only another hundred years to develop some form of interstellar travel.

Anti matter is just one of several propositions. To get it right you need to experiment with those proposals. Like medicine.

Sometimes such experiments yield results not pertaining to the original project. Perhaps Jet propulsion is an example of this. Better engines, greater performance and faster speeds. The world needs improvements. That's not to say there are not other fields on earth that are disregarded but improved upon. I used medicine as one, agriculture another aspect in my view, knowledge, trading, welfare and look, the list goes on. But, there is an investment in future and there are many countries that would like to lead in a propulsion method gaining access to what the solar system has to offer man/womankind and beyond to ultimately benefit the earth.

I am sure in the next 50 years we will see advances putting exploration beyond the solar system and the quality of life on this planet improving given the acceleration of experiments in technologies such as anti matter. I will be dead by then but I see a positive and exciting future for my descendants due to those that bring science fiction to reality. I have a great respect for those nerds.

My thoughts and kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001
Beyond the solar system you say! But yes you are right you will be long dead before any of that happens.

And well? We shall see. That is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join