It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Bill Gates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Bill Gates is going to be knighted for his contribution to enterprise in the UK. Unfortunately for him, he will not be called 'Sir' as he is an American citizen, but he still gets KBE after his name.
The UK was the first country in which Microsoft set up a subsidiary outside the US. There is a scholarship programme in Cambridge University to help foriegn students set up by Gates, and also has a research facility in Cambridge that employs 80 scientists.

news.bbc.co.uk
Mr Gates, the world's wealthiest man, is also being honoured for his work on poverty reduction around the world, said the Foreign Office.

As an American citizen he cannot use the title "Sir" but will be entitled to put the letters KBE after his name.

Microsoft said Mr Gates, 48, was "absolutely delighted".

The entrepreneur will be made a Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

Honorary awards to foreign nationals are conferred by the Queen on the advice of the foreign secretary.

Jack Straw said he was "delighted" Mr Gates had been honoured.

He added: "He is one of the most important global business leaders of this age.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

He will be joining, among other Americans, George Bush Snr and Steven Spielburg in getting this award

Well done to him. I think he deserves it, especially because of his investments into AIDS vaccine research. It's a bit of a shame he gets all his fame for being such an evil monopoliser of the computing industry, rather than for giving to charity.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is really not a suprise as both the royal family and Gates family are linked throughout history....

The Gates family tree is also linked with ironic or dare I say it obviously to the Bush family

spend some time to study them and the truth shall be revealed...

Bill Gates and the Queen are REPTILES!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by Neon Haze

This is really not a suprise as both the royal family and Gates family are linked throughout history....

Could you provide a link to verify this? I have sarched and I can find nothing to corroborate this claim.............

The Gates family tree is also linked with ironic or dare I say it obviously to the Bush family

spend some time to study them and the truth shall be revealed...

Yeah....Still cant find a link for any corroboration on this one either......Could you provide a linky for this as well?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Do your own research. Open your mind and search for variations on bush gates / Bill gates bush etc...

A patern will soon show it's self...

Also look into the bush and the royal family... come to think of it (and I am helping you along the path here) Most of the Presidence of the US have been linked and members of the royal family of England...

Do your own research... free your mind.

Neon.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by Neon Haze

Do your own research. Open your mind and search for variations on bush gates / Bill gates bush etc...

A patern will soon show it's self...

Also look into the bush and the royal family... come to think of it (and I am helping you along the path here) Most of the Presidence of the US have been linked and members of the royal family of England...

Do your own research... free your mind.

OK. Spent a few hours researching and I see no pattern emerging for anything you have claimed. Now I think you should offer up some proof to back up what you are saying lest we be forced to think that you may just be blowing a little smoke.

I can agree with what you are saying about the presidents relations to the royal family lineage, but Bill Gates? There is not a shred of evidence out there to back up what you are saying. Is it just your opinion, or do you have some info to share from a credible source?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Uh, honoring leaders in the business world, entertainment world, and political world are not exactly uncommon. It's a practice that has been going on for a lot longer than any of us has been around.

I'm sorry, but a commonplace event, like knighting a business leader hardly exposes anyone as a "reptile".

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I didn't know that non-British citizens couldn't use 'Sir.' That is, as they say, a major bummer.

My feelings on this are those of pure hatred, but I'll spare you all the rant.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

In others words, you have no legitimate sources that verify it.

Well the man has given more money to poor, than any other indiviudal in the history of the world.

Surf

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've always been led to believe that knights were warriors in some sort of way.

I don't see any traits of a warrior in Bill Gates, not one bit.

Then again, we do live in a world where things of tradition has been perverted by the modern "thinking" man.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Bill is a warrior of the highest magnitude. Perhaps, he is not physically how you would envision a warrior, but his ruthless, winner take all approach to business and his uncontested position at the pinnacle of the computer industry is an undeniable testament to his warrior spirit and ethos.

[edit on 05/3/2 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join