It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO (Norway 2019): Was it Really From NASA, as Claimed the Next Day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't believe anyone has made a thread about this yet.

And at the very least, the visual imagery is amazing, completely separate from all discussion / analyzation of it.

This crazy sighting happened just a few days ago, in Norway, in the middle of the night.

The public was not forewarned about an experiment from NASA, and so when it happened, people were shocked, and had no idea what it was.

Several people recorded footage of the event, and also, some unmanned cameras recorded it, which were already set-up to record the night sky and natural Northern Lights.

So when you see footage of the event, keep in mind the person recording it, probably would have been terrified. (And for the unmanned cameras, the folks reviewing it the next day, would have been shocked.)

Next day, NASA announced that the sighting had been their "AZURE" experiment, which they had been planning for a whole year, and waiting for the perfect weather conditions, to perform the experiment.

Here is NASA's article that basically takes credit for the sighting, as their long-planned experiment:

www.nasa.gov...

So those are the facts of what happened.

Basically, the sighting shocked everyone, that night, and apparently, it was only explained the next day, by NASA, who edited their old article, to add in that the sighting was their long-planned experiment.

Here's what I find possibly mysterious, about all this:

It seems mysterious, or problematic, that NASA did not warn the public, ahead of time. Which would have avoided the public from being surprised / confused / panicking.

I expect that the majority of people who saw the event, must have been scared out of their minds. Including those who recorded it.

Obviously people would wonder if they were seeing alien tech, but also, they'd wonder if it was some kind of exotic weapon attacking them!

The lack of fore-warning, by NASA, to avoid the public surprise / fear / panic, is what I find strange about this case.

...Because NASA would know that such a crazy-looking experiment, would cause fear / confusion, unless the public was warned ahead of time.

And since the public was NOT warned: It would seem to suggest that it WASN'T really NASA doing their long-planned experiment. (Because it's not in NASA's interest to cause panic / fear / confusion.)

Of course, one could argue that it was NASA actually creating fear / confusion on purpose, lol. To test / research the public reaction, to a really crazy sighting, that they weren't warned about.

But I think that's less likely than the other alternate explanation, that this sighting might have been a truly mysterious event... which NASA simply claimed as their own, as a way to explain-away, the mysterious sighting.

I made a vid (on my non-monetized YouTube channel) that basically covers my same reflections, that I just wrote above. Plus I threw in the best video clips of the event, that I could find.

Like I said earlier, separate from all such discussion / analyzation of the event, and what it really was... Beyond all that, the imagery is really beautiful and amazing, even if you think it really was NASA's experiment, lol. It's still a great light show:

Let me know what you guys think, but I might not be too active in this thread, since I expect a lot of people shouting that it's NASA's experiment, just because NASA said so.

I'd be most interested in other alternate explanations of the event: Was NASA causing fear / confusion etc. on purpose, as part of their research on public response?

Or was this a truly mysterious UFO case, which was only claimed by NASA the next day, to explain it away?

edit on 12-4-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Holy crap that's crazy. How was this not all over the world news?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
👍🍻🤗
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Posted here..

Link 1
Link 2

edit on 12-4-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/4/2019 by ArMaP because: Link corrected

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Alright so the thread on "Lofoten Lights" already posted on this, but I didn't see it when I browsed the last threads, looking for "Norway" in the titles.

Ah well, I think I've got some footage that you did not post to, but still, I guess the mod's might close my thread or something, idk.

Sorry for duplicate topic but at least I posted some different footage of it...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

As I said in the thread the poster above you linked, it just looks phony. When the Norwegian Spiral happened it was all over the "news". This was not reported in any English language media site.

The video you linked the narrator said time-lapsed video. So where is the original non time-lapsed video? It just looks/feels wrong to me. As always, just an opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the response. Actually I agree that it almost looks phony, like bad CGI special effects / animations.

However, NASA did acknowledge the sighting, and they claimed it was their experiment, which caused the sighting. So it seems that the sighting really did happen. Also the different recordings of the event, seem to match up, and validate the event as real.

Also this area already has Northern Lights going crazy, just from nature, so that's another reason that everything looks so crazy in the recorded footage of the event.

For the time-lapse vid, it was posted originally as time-lapse, by its channel:
www.youtube.com...

I think those cameras were already recording the night sky in timelapse format, already.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Also here are the links for the content in my vid:

NASA's article on its AZURE mission:
www.nasa.gov...

"Night Lights Films" channel footage:
www.youtube.com...

"Ronny Mikkelson" channel footage:
www.youtube.com...

"Aurora Borealis (LIVE!)" channel footage:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Still gave ya a S&F

Good wright up

edit on 12-4-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yep, posted somewhere here.
One of the vids showed the rocket they shot up there that dropped phosphorescent sp? Into the lights to see what they'd do.

Still pretty cool though

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Great video!

One criticism, take it or leave it, but, the background music is excellent.
However it’s loud. If you turned it down a bit, it would be perfect.
You have a calm voice. Your narration is spot on.
Just turn down that dang music! Lol (in an old man voice)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Great video!

One criticism, take it or leave it, but, the background music is excellent.
However it’s loud. If you turned it down a bit, it would be perfect.
You have a calm voice. Your narration is spot on.
Just turn down that dang music! Lol (in an old man voice)

lol Thanks, I had a different set-up from usual, so a different audio situation, that I wasn't as familiar with. I'll keep it in mind for the next vid, or I'll go back to the same old set-up. What's funny is that to me, in the current set-up, my voice (in the vid) sounds a lot louder than the music.

I'm glad to hear if people enjoy the music and the whole vid.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yep, posted somewhere here.
One of the vids showed the rocket they shot up there that dropped phosphorescent sp? Into the lights to see what they'd do.

Still pretty cool though

Yeah and plus it was such a widely seen and recorded event, that it's automatically guaranteed to get a lot of attention, from a lot of different places and people (discussing it online, making articles & vids, etc.).

Plus even though it turned out that this site already had that one thread about it, which I hadn't realized: Still, I think my vid includes the very best footage, at the start of my vid, that time-lapse recording is just amazing, and seems the very best recording of the event. So, at least my vid / thread is pointing out the very best recording of the event.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

From here the U Tube videos (3) are not available and the NASA video is 404'd.

NASA - "404 The cosmic object you are looking for has disappeared beyond the event horizon".

For your info,

kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh ya, thats a funky pattern. Though I prefer the regular greens and blue hues it gives off every time the sun gently farts in our general direction.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

From here the U Tube videos (3) are not available and the NASA video is 404'd.

NASA - "404 The cosmic object you are looking for has disappeared beyond the event horizon".

For your info,

kind regards,

bally

Ah OK something didn't work when I copy-pasted the links, which are in my video's description info.

But here, I can re-post the links properly, one by one:

NASA's article (not a vid, just an article):
www.nasa.gov...

Night Lights Films timelapse vid:
www.youtube.com...

The seemingly backyard footage:
www.youtube.com...

The camera set up to record the Northern Lights:
www.youtube.com...

(I just double-checked each link and they should all be working fine.)

edit on 13-4-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good topic for discussion, thanks for bringing it up.

Part of the reason some people might have been panicking is decades of experience with previous rocket launchings [not this spectacular] that are relentlssly misrepresented across the internet as alien visitors, wormholes, chemtrail attacks, secret space program weapons testing, etc etc, so that nowadays just whisper 'sky spiral' and many folks would knee-jerk think 'aliens' instead of mundane [and terrestrial] human spacecraft engaged in normal operations under unusual lighting conditions. There's a massive industry across the Internet of panic-generating bloggers and youtube posters making money off of scaring people.

A good example of the impact of this social/cultural poison is its toxic impact on many people in California where recent rocket launchings sparked mass panic and terror and in some occasions calls to violence against people NOT accepting the 'alien attack' version. See reports here:

MISSILE FREAK-OUT IN CALIFORNIA [NOV 7, 2015]
satobs.org...

Nov 07, 2015 Trident SLBM launch off California
satobs.org...

Observations of the SpaceX launch on October 7, 2018:
satobs.org...

Public misinterpretations of the SpaceX launch on October 7, 2018:
satobs.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Interesting development on the famous 'Jimmy Carter UFO' -- based on a more accurate determination of where Carter was, and the date, a very suggestive 'hit' can be made by a documented NASA barium cloud rocket launched at that time and reported in local newspapers the next day. It's fair to point out that UFO promoters have used this story for decades without ANY of them uncovering the original report's errors in place and date OR the remarkable coincidence of the sighting with a 'classic' pseudo-UFO stimulus. Tut tut.
badufos.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Interesting development on the famous 'Jimmy Carter UFO' -- based on a more accurate determination of where Carter was, and the date, a very suggestive 'hit' can be made by a documented NASA barium cloud rocket launched at that time and reported in local newspapers the next day. It's fair to point out that UFO promoters have used this story for decades without ANY of them uncovering the original report's errors in place and date OR the remarkable coincidence of the sighting with a 'classic' pseudo-UFO stimulus. Tut tut.
badufos.blogspot.com...

This is very interesting but IMO it's also solidly inconclusive. The time difference alone is huge, the sighting was about 50 years ago... and Jimmy Carter himself is not part of the conclusions about his sighting, 5 decades later! Plus the post argues against his reported date of the sighting.

Interesting but inconclusive. I'd be most impressed if the man himself would revisit his sighting, and if he came to new conclusions about it...

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
.... This is very interesting but IMO it's also solidly inconclusive. The time difference alone is huge, the sighting was about 50 years ago... and Jimmy Carter himself is not part of the conclusions about his sighting, 5 decades later! Plus the post argues against his reported date of the sighting.

Why did you assume Carter wasn't part of these conclusions?

Why did you assume his reported date was accurate without checking with Lion's Club records?

Interesting but inconclusive. I'd be most impressed if the man himself would revisit his sighting, and if he came to new conclusions about it...

So why don't you write to the Carter library and ask?

What were his OLD 'conclusions' about the nature of his sighting?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Why did you assume Carter wasn't part of these conclusions?

...Because I glanced at your posted links, and he doesn't seem part of it...?

...Was he actually part of it, and I just didn't see it?

Why did you assume his reported date was accurate without checking with Lion's Club records?

...Because I'd generally trust an individual's memory of dates, of his own life, more than... a revision of those dates, 50 yrs later, by different people...

So why don't you write to the Carter library and ask?

...write to his library / museum? to ask them if he came to new conclusions about the UFO that he has been talking about for 50 yrs?

Wouldn't that have nothing to do with his library and museum?

What were his OLD 'conclusions' about the nature of his sighting?

AFAIK he has always reported his sighting as a legit unidentified flying object, which was unexplainable... right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join