It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another case of TDS? "Man ‘sets himself on fire’ outside White House, gets detained"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Uh....present evidence of said TDS in this particular case.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I know some people in here are trying to appear "compassionate," but the simple truth is:

IF YOU INTENTIONALLY SET YOURSELF ON FIRE,
YOU HAVE A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE!

I'm not sure how I can put that any clearer. This is an emotionally disturbed individual. Whether or not it's a case of TDS, it is a case of mental health issues. Saying otherwise is not being compassionate or enlightened, or anything similar. It is actually being cruel. This man likely was rolling around in his wheelchair without anyone watching him to make sure he didn't hurt himself, probably because to do so would have somehow been denying him his human rights or some such silly stuff. Now he's going to have to also deal with severe burns.

''' Anyone know how bad that hurts?'''

Compassion would be taking care of him to make sure he can't hurt himself in his delusional state. Not making excuses for him.

TheRedneck

yes, I know fluently to the third degree lol!

the crashing waves of overwhelming searing pain will take one to places never before experienced. the body will squirm
in all manner of contorted positions whilst the perception of time becomes skewed. a seemingly unending path of shivers and tensions almost unbearable, only to be relieved briefly by a needle-numb. happy daze.

regarding immolation intervention, he's gonna hurt big style regarding surface area afflicted. I, one the one hand empathise with the individual for whatever reason drove him to this and on the other, I am torn to say this man is a
top idiot for self-inflicting and not realising that intervention will have seriously uncomfortable consequences.

i'm sure the profession charged with rehab/recovery will take kindly and give it the bag with the chemical cosh.

f.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is disrespectful to every Buddhist monk who performed the same protest under a real facist regime.

These people can't give one example of their lives being impacted in any way by this administration.

Yet here we are.

People wasting good gasoline.
*SMH*

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

A similar thought occurred to me...

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The article says he was in a mororized wheel chair, so I'm guessing this was about health care.

Because people in Wheel Chairs only care about their health care.

Edit: the more I think about it; your assertion is very presumptuous.
edit on 13-4-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It was described as a slow moving comet down Penn Ave.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Stompin out a flamer is very aerobic and a great way to stay in shape. It's important to stretch properly to avoid muscle strain or pulls.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

no so much luck with a borromere/farramere father-type lol them flamers got running shoes.

2nd

f.

edit on 15-4-2019 by fakedirt because: lord of the flamers

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He couldn't even successfully light himself on fire. A Democrat for sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Uh....present evidence of said TDS in this particular case.

He attempted self-immolation in front of the White House. No evidence, but pretty indicative. Typical left-wing nutjob TDS behaviour. You know, like minorities who hire other minorities to beat them up then blame it on MAGA hat-wearing white guys.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join