It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope KISSES shoes of South Sudanese leaders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Pope kisses shoes of Sudanese leaders in plea for peace

Pope Francis pleaded with South Sudanese government officials and opposition leaders Thursday to encourage the continuation of their fragile peace by getting on his hands and knees in a dramatic gesture and kissing their shoes.

“I’m asking you with my heart,” the pope said to President Salva Kiir and opposition leader Riek Machar during a spiritual retreat at the Vatican in Rome. “Stay in peace.”

I find this slightly outrageous, to be perfectly honest.
edit on 12-4-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Kissing ass isn’t the way to peace, walk softly and carrying a big stick is.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Worked pretty well when the Vatican kissed Hitler's ass.....
Oh, wait

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This Pope is very weird. Goes around kissing everyones feet all over the world, but when his own people want to come kiss his ring, he reacts in disgust.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Francis is a fool. He excuses the perverse like his own bishops and priests molesting little children while criticizing the righteous when they attempt to secure their own homeland, he cajoles people to live austerely and give their own earnings to the poor while he, himself, sits atop the largest amassing of wealth this world has ever known thanks to his church's centuries of theft and manipulative financial dealings with their flock... selling Heaven in exchange for gold, and tops it off with staggering displays of capitulation, weakness, and self imposed enfeeblement such as this.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
bet he wouldn't do Maxine Watters pedipods...... yowwwwza

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wonder if he knows that guys sometimes get pee on their shoes. It can hit a hair or dribble sometimes, even shoot out sideways on occasion.
Many guys do not even realize this.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Best thing King Henry VIII ever did. Told The Church Of Rome to bugger off.

(post by Lysergic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Jeezus died so peeps dont have to have fools like this guy talking to the man for ya.

I'd just assume to knock that stupid hat of his fat popehead.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, kissing feet is what the Pope is supposed to do. It's very symbolic and says, "This world is temporary and I cannot be shamed by lowering myself before you." That's what Christianity is supposed to be in its purest form. The fact that people laugh and consider it foolish just goes to show that it's still a hard concept for people to understand. That we're all basically part of a program created by a demiurge and all of our scrambling around hating each other does no good at all since we're all doomed to die anyway. This existence is essentially hell, so why make it even worse by fighting among ourselves?

But that concept is a little hard for people to grasp, and we're still dumb apes, I suppose, and want to feel dominant and strong, even though it's all nonsense. And it's not like the Catholic church is big on that gnostic stuff to begin with. At least officially. So it's too bad. This world doesn't have to be such a horror.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Makes a change from kissing kids.

Yeah alright alright... I’ll see myself out

reply to: AnakinWayneII

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

A Pope with a fetish.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Holy gramoly...that's weird shtuff man.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Francis is a fool. He excuses the perverse like his own bishops and priests molesting little children while criticizing the righteous when they attempt to secure their own homeland, he cajoles people to live austerely and give their own earnings to the poor while he, himself, sits atop the largest amassing of wealth this world has ever known thanks to his church's centuries of theft and manipulative financial dealings with their flock... selling Heaven in exchange for gold, and tops it off with staggering displays of capitulation, weakness, and self imposed enfeeblement such as this.

I was just going to say "He's a little bitch".

But yours was good too, a bit more detail. It's spot on of course.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Her feet almost look like cloven hoofs in those shoes. No wonder the Democratic senators are afraid of her and pelosi, those shoes are awful looking ball busters.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is just to easy to say something negative.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

edit on 4/13/2019 by milano because: 3lCs:'s8*84*)'#;j4K*8w@3z7&'/zdE-=9c100cx263ce

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It's almost as if the Church was created by a bunch of old men with the intent to control the wealth, the freedom and the personal lives of the people who were sadly born under the Catholic Church, amirite?! Same goes for Islam, which is just another word for sexual slavery(for women) and for the Jewish religion. What I find outrageous about this whole deal is that we still have the Church(and Islam/Judaism) standing healthy and strong in the 21th century.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

It's too bad that photo isn't in this thread! Most non-regular ATS members don't know what you're referring to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join