It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants may be released in ONLY sanctuary cities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
He should drop them off on the Liberals front door.

They might be able to ignore the trash and urine.

Tear down that wall Ms Pelosi, remove your front door.

Here in San Diego where they are released we know.

If you want them here step up or shut up.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Sounds good to me as ... higher immigrant populations lead to lower crime.

www.themarshallproject.org...

According to data from the study, a large majority of the areas have many more immigrants today than they did in 1980 and fewer violent crimes.

The Marshall Project extended the study’s data up to 2016, showing that crime fell more often than it rose even as immigrant populations grew almost across the board.

In general, the study’s data suggests either that immigration has the effect of reducing average crime, or that there is simply no relationship between the two,

and that the 54 areas in the study where both grew were instances of coincidence, not cause and effect. T

his was a consistent pattern in each decade from 1980 to 2016, with immigrant populations and crime failing to grow together.

So with either conclusion - more immigrants - less crime.

You do understand the difference between illegal and legal immigration, right? Stop trying to conflate the two...

Yes, I do. And the article is not specific about the 'status'.

To distract from your point, I find it interesting that Louisiana has the highest rate of 'illegals' and no physical border. MMM - the other states with increased 'illegals' also don't have a physical border.

There is no logic - or even thought - behind any of the anti-immigration rhetoric of the right.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

What's wrong with putting illegals where they are actually wanted?

Yeah, they can just stay at okrian's place. Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 12-4-2019 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HonorablyTainted

I think its the perfect plan as long as these sanctuary cities get no federal funding to pay for it. They asked for it, they can foot the bill for it.

Give them what they ask for and listen to the rage...

I freakin' love this!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Pew's estimate is that there are 10.7m illigal aliens in the US.
If you believe that then it's you who lacks logic - or even thought.

If you bothered to look at their methodology you'd know they are more or less guessing, so your pretty chart is the difference between 2 guesses. Way to go.

edit on 12/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: loam

Nancy Pelosi responded with outrage and called it cruel...

I guess it's only ok when you ship them to Nebraska.

It's not good if they go to sanctuary cities - Democrats already have enough illegal votes in those places.
They need to be placed in purple states.
Trump is messing with their plans.

That's a consideration. But I'm betting that it'd place such a strain on public services and social structure that the net effect would be positive.

I have friends in California - LA and San Francisco, specifically - who do not cotton to the "sanctuary city" thing. I am sure there are many of them there, some of the fence. Let it get bad enough and they'll rise up.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Sounds good to me as ... higher immigrant populations lead to lower crime.

www.themarshallproject.org...

According to data from the study, a large majority of the areas have many more immigrants today than they did in 1980 and fewer violent crimes.

The Marshall Project extended the study’s data up to 2016, showing that crime fell more often than it rose even as immigrant populations grew almost across the board.

In general, the study’s data suggests either that immigration has the effect of reducing average crime, or that there is simply no relationship between the two,

and that the 54 areas in the study where both grew were instances of coincidence, not cause and effect. T

his was a consistent pattern in each decade from 1980 to 2016, with immigrant populations and crime failing to grow together.

So with either conclusion - more immigrants - less crime.

You do understand the difference between illegal and legal immigration, right? Stop trying to conflate the two...

Yes, I do. And the article is not specific about the 'status'.

To distract from your point, I find it interesting that Louisiana has the highest rate of 'illegals' and no physical border. MMM - the other states with increased 'illegals' also don't have a physical border.

There is no logic - or even thought - behind any of the anti-immigration rhetoric of the right.

Why would they be shipping legal immigrants anywhere? This is about illegal immigrants. DUH!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I think its the perfect plan as long as these sanctuary cities get no federal funding to pay for it. They asked for it, they can foot the bill for it.

Give them what they ask for and listen to the rage...

I freakin' love this!!!

That's what I'm sayin'. Cordon them off. Cut off all federal funding that'd go to helping them. Don't let anyone out without proof of citizenship.

I know, that's exteme and it'd never go that far. But one can dream ...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's a humanitarian move by Trump.

Sending immigrants with pending cases only to sanctuary cities protects them from ICE, who might accidentally round them up and ship them back to Mexico if they didn't have papers on them at the moment of arrest.

At least in the San Fransciscos, they will be free from fear of ICE.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Give em all a note that Nansty & Maxxy would love to see them and come on over for a nice cold beer.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Please specify what rhetoric you are referring to.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Jeffrey Toobin, chief legal analyst for CNN, appearing on Anderson Cooper's show "360," called the proposed policy "really grotesque" after describing the plan as akin to "using human beings to spread a form of pestilence around the country."

Well isn't that interesting.
Locating illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities is spreading pestilence around the country according to CNN's Toobin.

I guess CNN don't mind as long as they don't have to have the pestilence near them.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
There is an island park in San Fran, which is a sanctuary city next to or within Pelosi’s district. I think it is called Alcatraz.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Weird that you'd bring up my posting history

It's relevant when you're trying to be a hypocrite without anyone noticing.

Do you have the time for that? I sure don't.

I always have enough time to reference sources. Try it sometime.

This is a question of Trump's spiteful and illegal knee-jerk babble.

What's illegal about it?

It would be like a Dem pres candidate saying "The Republicans want everyone to have guns, so let's hand them to babies as they exit the womb, safety off of course".

Your analogy is asinine. This is what is called a strawman. No one making any such argument. If sanctuary cities want illegals so bad, let them have exactly what they want.

It's just stupid and y'all are once again bending over backwards to try to make this dope sound like a human.

Dehumanizing people is something the left is good at, it seems. Keep it up, I'm sure this tactic will work out for you.

I know you are all-in at this point, and you also can't see the danger in that.

Lies compounding lies. From Russia Collusion, to Kavanaugh gang rape. The left has no credibility at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can't understand why the Democrat big cities can't make social accommodations ? 😆

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
It's a humanitarian move by Trump.

Sending immigrants with pending cases only to sanctuary cities protects them from ICE, who might accidentally round them up and ship them back to Mexico if they didn't have papers on them at the moment of arrest.

At least in the San Fransciscos, they will be free from fear of ICE.

I like the way you think, Graysen. I think that'll be my angle on it when I'm talking it up to the libtards.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In the famous words of Obama

If you like your refugees, you can keep them too...!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Court allows Trump administration to send asylum seekers to Mexico

(April 12, 2019) The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled to uphold the Trump administration's policy to make asylum seekers wait for their court hearings in Mexico, rather than stay in America the AP reports.

😆😆😆

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

what's wrong with this idea put them in a place of safety were they will be welcomed instead of places were nobody wants them can't see the problem

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join