It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know nothing about Wikileaks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

He didn't just know about it, he advertised it. It was the biggest Wikileaks advertisement in history. They were never talked about much or referenced in the mainstream, then they became center stage during a Presidential campaign in the age of free information at your fingertips. I wonder how many thousands of people read Wikileaks releases after they were repeatedly mentioned by the President during campaign rallies which are the most targeted, expensive advertisements in the world.

As for his eventual extradition and trial in the United States, it'll be quite the dramatic spectacle. The left will defend him, the right will demonize him under the lying, sketchy administration even though Wikileaks was put on a pedestal as probably the largest and only substantial evidence for most of the dirt on Hillary Clinton, his opponent that came very uncomfortably close to winning anyways, as it usually goes in Presidential Elections since 2000. Looking at the time frame realistically, Julian Assange might get out of this, particularly if the next Administration is Democrat.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
But Hillary wants him severely punished. There goes your theory and all that wasted writing.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Actually, the left and the Dems are all celebrating his arrest, but what has surprised me is Trump's comment that he knows nothing about Wikileaks. I've defended Trump in the past, but his reaction to Assanges arrest is absolute BS.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
But Hillary wants him severely punished. There goes your theory and all that wasted writing.

Hillary wanted to "just DRONE him".

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
2 things imo...

1.Wikileaks would be a grease spot if it was a real threat and not a story/diversion/propaganda.

2. After the "arrest" where he was allowed to hold up a political book, I'm calling bs. Total red flag.

Grain of salt here.

Sounds like food for people who ask questions, while they go on with biz as usual.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Mainstream right and left don't like Assange... There could even be a case made that the current admin has cross hairs on the guy, though we'll have to see how this plays out.

As I've said when this started, this has absolutely nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with how the west views dissidents.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
😆😆😆😆Democrats in a ferocious scramble for the bait

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Hillary wanted to "just DRONE him".

That is true.

However I think it is important to note that Obama's admin (the worst towards journalists in recent decades) decided not to (officially) pursue Assange with the evidence they had.

Now Trump's admin is using the same evidence to make a case.

I understand there is the theory they are trying to get him here so that they can try to offer him safety in return for information, but that's not where I'm leaning towards... I cannot however discount that being a possibility.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It will look bad if trump turns around and condemns Assange.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what Hilary wants, but what it does show is just how much Trump himself did know what was going on....and what he now seemingly has, 'forgotten.'

What it does also show is how slimy a bastard Trump is..drain the swamp eh?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You're almost in the no returning point on admitting Trump is playing a 12D chess with these clowns.

The only way he can introduce legal evidence that WikiLeaks/Assange (allegadly) possesses against the DNC, is going through legal process.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
It will look bad if trump turns around and condemns Assange.

I agree.

I don't mind if he calls out MSM for peddling BS, because they do. He's calling a spade a spade.

But if his admin goes after Assange the way they are indicating while he plays naive, than that is an attack on journalism and no better than Obama's admin in that regard.

I won't rule out a power play, I'll be honest about my inclinations and just as truthful we could all be wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You're almost in the no returning point on admitting Trump is playing a 12D chess with these clowns.

The only way he can introduce legal evidence that WikiLeaks/Assange (allegadly) possesses against the DNC, is going through legal process.

I try to find the truth no matter what even if it wasn't the truth I had in mind. I'd be impressed if your scenario plays out, and I'd even give Trump the kudos he deserves if that happens.

I'm just treading through this with healthy skepticism is all.

The proof will be in the pudding.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Actually, the left and the Dems are all celebrating his arrest, but what has surprised me is Trump's comment that he knows nothing about Wikileaks. I've defended Trump in the past, but his reaction to Assanges arrest is absolute BS.

He's realizing that when he made those initial statements, he didn't understand the full truth of the matter. And honestly, neither did I.

threadreaderapp.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm surprised by this whole thing. I was not expecting Assange to be dragged out like that.

I'm also surprised by Trump's DOJ seeking extradition.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the FISA courts only come into being as a result of the spying exposed by wikileaks? If not for the evidence of the FISA abuses would we even know that Trump's campaign was spied on? What legal recourse would Trump have against Comey and his ilk without that?

I don't like this at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Unless she runs for and wins the 2020, what power does she have?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Trump also said that "Wikileaks should get the death penalty" in 2010

something else to remember is, Assange doesn't "get anything" other people send it to them, they "authenticate it" and publish it

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

After all that boasting about how he loves Wikileaks and how great they are all of a sudden he's all, "I know nothing'' about it. Kind of like a little boy trying to distance himself from some found out problem.

The thing that gets me though is how the right and the left keep treating the words from his mouth and the actions from his brain as if any of it should make sense. The right defends, trying to explain that he is trolling and playing some really complex game of deal making and the left questions his hypocrisy for saying one thing one day and another the next.
It has little to do with either. The man is senile and the connections in his brain to not communicate with one another.
It's all neural pablum pouring from his mouth and day to day determined by how much fear he has on whether or not his daddy and those mental surrogates love him.

+454 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
As per protocol, when the press submits Trump's statements to contextomy, the context is required.

Q : Mr. President, do you still love WikiLeaks?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It’s not my thing. And I know there is something having to do with Julian Assange. I’ve been seeing what’s happened with Assange. And that will be a determination, I would imagine, mostly by the Attorney General, who’s doing an excellent job.

So he’ll be making a determination. I know nothing really about him. It’s not my — it’s not my deal in life.

www.whitehouse.gov...

There is no contradiction between the question, his past comments, and his answer.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Famous liar lies again.

Groundbreaking it ain't.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join