It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey doesn't seem to understand what "spying" means.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He is now a laughing stock on capitol hill.

As an expert I would expect you to be able to identify one of your own, but I was wrong.
Turns out you are and he is not.

Barr has just destroyed his up until now great career.

more orange man bad?
RR backed him up, guess he is bad now too?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't believe they are free from corruption either. They just have the onus to make sure the president is above board in all his dealings.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Democrats darting for the bait like never before 😎

Comey goes down this year 😎

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
O

originally posted by: Christosterone
Comey knows what “summers eve” means...
If he doesn’t, he can look in the mirror for a picture...

I can’t believe this idiot was the director of the FBI...

-Chris

You do know how tall this guy is right? You may think it make no difference but it does, he is imposing.
Imposing positions need imposing people, regardless of ability.

"This is the FBI."

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
I don't believe they are free from corruption either. They just have the onus to make sure the president is above board in all his dealings.

most ridiculous post ever
no one is guilty until proven innocent
not even your bad orange man

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He is a lying hack, trying to distort the collection of intelligence in general (commonly called spying) for the practice of espionage (using humans to spy)

In this case, however, they did use informants which is just a PC way of saying "spies"

Can't wait to see these traitors jailed or worse.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh this is funny you say, talking heads who are absolutely brainless
denouncing his intellect and thrashing him with "furious" democrats....

As if what they have to say is important!?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Only in la la liberal wonderland is surveillance not spying.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Oh this is funny you say, talking heads who are absolutely brainless
denouncing his intellect and thrashing him with "furious" democrats....

As if what they have to say is important!?

You can pretty much go back into every single Silly post and show that the opposite of what they said is what actually happened. They should really just post in the dreams and predictions forum with their track record.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I've asked Silly why they continue to rely on sources when the sources are wrong. I have shown them 2 articles from their sources where they did a 180 in the 2nd article and flat out lied to say Trump was wrong ... when 3 months earlier they had an article that said the exact same thing Trump was saying.

Silly doesn't care, I hate to accuse people of being paid propagandists but ...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Do you people not think that every Presidential contender is not thoroughly investigated by the FBI? And when questionable intel comes from that, that steps aren't taken to investigate further? You are insane if you think anything different.

I think what you believe happens is illegal. The FBI can't just investigate US citizens without cause.

There is "cause". Employers investigate potential employees, why wouldn't the US government investigate individuals vying for the most powerful and important job in the country?

and you don't seem up to the mental challenge of discussing facts. Regardless of how we investigate presidents, this was spying, by definition. Or do you agree with Comey and surveillance isn't spying? Remember, words here are forever, so be sure you use the right ones.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

I did a background check on every employee that I hired. Without fail.
I even checked schooling because people lied about that too.

so is it your position that Comey is right and "spying" has a different meaning than the dictionary reference? Not that you would ever be able to comment on the topic, but who knows, perhaps you might give it a shot every once in a while.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"Spying" not a legal term, and is pretty broad. Is legal surveillance considered spying? I suppose so. Does a private investigator spy for a living? I guess so.

Was the Espionage Act violated? Barr hasn't suggested it was.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA
thats a good one

Barr did spill the beans on the fisa investigation tho.....

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Democrats and all the "smart" people can do all the micromanaging they want.

It still adds up to one big failure 😆

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"Spying" not a legal term, and is pretty broad. Is legal surveillance considered spying? I suppose so. Does a private investigator spy for a living? I guess so.

LOL, exactly. At this point, we are discussing the fact that Comey wants to re-define the term "spying". Maybe all the Trump "surveillance" was on the up and up, maybe not. Barr will find out. But from what we know at this point, the IC community was looking at Trump and his campaign from many different angles. Those with an IQ above Potato might say they did spy on him. But you seem to be on the defensive for reasons that can only appear to be damage control. Why not be honest and just discuss the topic? Is that not on your agenda?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

out of curiosity, if it's found that the Steel Dossier was used as the primary source for spying on Carter Page, would you think that's an issue, or would that be just fine?

Sorry to ask specific questions, but your evasive answers warrant it.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
They were doing a lot more than background checks. They were the audience for The Clinton Campaign's attempt to Tie Trump to Russia. I am confident the FBI gave information to the Clinton Campaign to help one side win against the other.

The Secret Service/CIA/FBI was playing "Praetorian Guard," trying to pick the next president.

And they were using "lawfare" to do it.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Let me ask you a question. If you were a higher up at one of the intelligence orgs, and you received information of a terror cell planning an attack on the American people, information that was credible but, as yet, unverified, would you follow up on it?

Well, that's the way I see the Steele Dossier. And, I have no reason to think that the dossier is illegitimate, as some suggest. In fact, none of it has proven to be false.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well

Well, that's the way I see the Steele Dossier. And, I have no reason to think that the dossier is illegitimate, as some suggest. In fact, none of it has proven to be false.

It looks like it served its intended purpose.
No matter how many times or people tell you it is crap, even to the extent that Steele himself in British court has said so, you still believe it was ok to use.

They won.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join