It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey doesn't seem to understand what "spying" means.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former FBI Director James Comey joined the chorus of Democratic critics complaining about Attorney General Bill Barr’s testimony this week that “spying did occur” against the 2016 Trump campaign, claiming he has no idea what the Justice Department leader is talking about -- and saying he “never thought of” electronic surveillance as “spying.” Comey sought to draw a distinction between surveillance -- which was authorized against a Trump adviser -- and spying during a cybersecurity conference in California on Thursday, echoing Democratic lawmakers who have accused Barr of going too far in his Senate testimony this week. “I have no idea what he’s talking about so it’s hard for me to comment,” Comey said. “When I hear that kind of language used, it’s concerning because the FBI and the Department of Justice conduct court-ordered electronic surveillance,” he continued. “I have never thought of that as spying.” He added: “If the attorney general has come to the belief that that should be called spying, wow.”

spy /spī/ verb gerund or present participle: spying work for a government or other organization by secretly collecting information about enemies or competitors. "he agreed to spy for the West" observe (someone) furtively. "the couple were spied on by reporters" synonyms: observe furtively, keep under surveillance, watch, keep a watch on, keep an eye on, keep under observation, follow, shadow, trail; More discern or make out, especially by careful observation. "he could spy a figure in the distance" synonyms: notice, observe, see, spot, sight, catch sight of, glimpse, catch/get a glimpse of, make out, discern, pick out, detect, have sight of; More

link to definition of spying.

Does this sound familiar? I guess it depends on the definition of "is". Seriously, this is beyond comical, it's pathetic. I hate to overuse that word, but damn, what else would you call it?

Integrity, Comey, look that one up, think on it a bit, and then think back to how you answer questions, and conduct yourself. Being guilty of breaking laws is one thing, but pretending you are this damn stupid, yet you were in charge of one of the largest intelligence agencies in the world? I think it's time Mr. Comey got some solitude to reflect on his past for a while.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And they say Trump lies...

Comedy Comey strikes again with his dishonest views of the law.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He understands perfectly well.

Bad actors rarely admit to their own malfeasance. Unfortunately, he has an ample sized audience who nod their heads in agreement as he plays stupid.

That's where we are.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"Like wipe it with a cloth"?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Comey and Avenatti could go on tour with this show. Remarkable comfort from both of these two in bold faced lying to the entire world.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
James Comey wants us to believe that he's an honest Boy Scout, but we all know he's a fraud and a devious liar, as well as an inside Washington operator. He alone organized the deep state coup in order to keep Hillary Clinton out of prison.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Do you people not think that every Presidential contender is not thoroughly investigated by the FBI? And when questionable intel comes from that, that steps aren't taken to investigate further? You are insane if you think anything different.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

What's insane, is that there are people like you, who believe that our intelligence agencies are incorruptible.
edit on 4/12/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Anyone surprised?

This is the same guy who doesn’t understand that obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence are serious offenses, not to mention al the other things he let Hillary go on.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Do you people not think that every Presidential contender is not thoroughly investigated by the FBI? And when questionable intel comes from that, that steps aren't taken to investigate further? You are insane if you think anything different.

I think what you believe happens is illegal. The FBI can't just investigate US citizens without cause.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

why would we be surprised? every election since, well...forever, have included nonstop leaks about a candidate that they were conducting treasonous activity.

Nothing at all unusual here, you're right.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
James Comey is a moron.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I think what you believe happens is illegal. The FBI can't just investigate US citizens without cause.

There is "cause". Employers investigate potential employees, why wouldn't the US government investigate individuals vying for the most powerful and important job in the country?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ha ha or trump doesn't..... which is more likely? Ask yourself that.

Barr has just destroyed his up until now great career.
He knows he is being laughed at and that is why he is changing his language today.
But its already too late for him. He is now a laughing stock on capitol hill.
edit on 4122019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I am surprised the news is no longer using the word: inquire any longer? Investigation is so passé after 2015. A simple google search using Federal Bureau of Inquiry brings up a smorgasbord of news articles explaining the FBI has begun an 'inquiry' not an actual investigation whenever it is a 'matter' of concern for their agenda. Neglect becomes careless. Sigh.

I can only assume they now wish to change 'spying' to a more neutral safe space word for the left viewers too. They are so thoughtful and considerate as shepherds of their flock. it brings a tear to my eye.

edit on 4 12 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I did a background check on every employee that I hired. Without fail.
I even checked schooling because people lied about that too.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Ha ha or trump doesn't..... which is more likely? Ask yourself that.

Barr has just destroyed his up until now great career.
He knows he is being laughed at and that is why he is changing his language today.
But its already too late for him. He is now a laughing stock on capitol hill.

Only from those with TDS, stay in bubble (keep repeating that to yourself), but it is about to burst very soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If our intelligence agency heads do not understand the definition of spying, it means they have been doing electronic surveillance on most united states citizens improperly. It is not limited to the Trump campaign. Maybe they have made up their own definitions of the rules. I think we better straighten this out in our country, they are breaking the laws by interpretting them the way they see fit. I realized there might be a problem when Trump called it wire tapping which was the wrong term, but did not realize the definition adopted by the last administration made it legal to do what Nixon did because they bypassed the laws using a major loophole in the law. They ignored that new technology rules should follow old technology rules if it is almost the same.

If the Dems and FBI are allowing this, how can they go after Assange? How can they charge him for a crime they actually do all the time?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yes, but wouldn’t you agree this seems different?

Being part of this site means you should be well aware of surveillance capabilities, yes?

The notion that - during an extremely divisive election - Trump vetted by FBI, that they wouldn’t know fairly quickly if Trump was beholden to a foreign power, especially Russia, is humorous.

That they wouldn’t know - and/or would actually PERMIT said presidential candidate to not only win, but remain in power for another 2+ years while the media insinuated he was Putin’s b#tch, is equally asinine/humorous.

I’m sure it’s all a coverup though, and everyone is beholden to Russia.

edit on 12-4-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: Sarcasm -for those who may need help

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Comey knows what “summers eve” means...
If he doesn’t, he can look in the mirror for a picture...

I can’t believe this idiot was the director of the FBI...

-Chris

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join