It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope
Who will put up this hard border?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Same people as the last time i imagine.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
They have already stated...

So what we’re saying is very clear: the Irish Government will not support the re-emergence of border infrastructure on this island

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes I'm aware, but if indeed a hard Brexit were to materialize, what would be there alternative given the predicament in which the divided Island will find themselves?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
They could use more security camera's, more police on road and random stops to deter potential abusers. I'm sure there are other things that they could do as I'm no expert. What I do know is that there will not be a hard border.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
why does Ireland need a hard border? What will it achieve?

I am sure everyone knows that you aren't driving your 40 ton truck onto a ferry and travelling to either the north or the south without a manifest and paperwork.
That isn't going to change.
Right now people from the North go South to buy things that are cheaper there and people from the South go North to do the same.
What will change once NI leaves the EU? Really? What new risk is there that the EU will be facing that demands a hard border?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

The seeds of discontent are taking root ..........

If not immediately not too far away methinks?

The Government is Misleading Us on the Border with Northern Ireland
Ray Bassett at Irexit Cork

Irexit

edit on 24-4-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

All those things that you mention are going to be a point of contention and may bring about a return to troubled times.

The peace is tenuous at best.

Probably an idea simply not to stir the pot, because it does not end well.

As is rather self-evident with the recent car bomb incident nevermind the riots and murder of the journalist Lyra McKee.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here is Ann Widdecombe's reasons why she has left the Conservatives after 50 years to join the Brexit party. They even briefly discuss the Irish border issue and she called it a red herring...

Part 2 if interested...
www.youtube.com...

She is going to give us more publicity and votes.
Bring it on!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I agree, that's why I'm certain nothing or very little will be done about the border.

(post by markpaul7931 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Aye, it's in the bag!

Another die-hard ex-Tory, old codger, coffin dodger, that bumps her gums about national good coming first. LoL

Senility is no joke i suppose.
edit on 24-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I hope not because it seldom bodes well to mess around with such a fragile thing.

It's silly to poke an angry bear, and Yogi is apt to be ambivalent to play nice if they do.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Insulting her is not helping your case, especially about her age.
I say you're as young as you feel, but to be fair, she would probably agree with you that she is an old codger

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Another die-hard old codger, coffin dodger, that bumps their gums about national good coming first. LoL

Its no joke i suppose.

Aye.... you'll get there too one day!! and I doubt you'll be laughing either.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The whole situation is insulting to our intelligence and then some.

She will be dead soon and not need to worry her arse about Brexit nor Irish hard borders.

Plenty of other people on the other hand and future generations will have to pick up the mess.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

True dat i suppose.

It's in the post for us all.

43 years gone already in what seems like a glimmer. LoL

I hope i am laughing though, because if you cannot laugh at life, then what can you laugh at?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The peace is tenuous at best.

That's not strictly true.
The vast majority of people in Northern Ireland are supportive of the peace process.
It's a relatively very small minority on both sides who seem determined to bring about a return to The Troubles.

As is rather self-evident with the recent car bomb incident nevermind the riots and murder of the journalist Lyra McKee.

Things aren't perfect, but the quality of life for your normal, everyday person in Northern Ireland has improved immeasurably since the GFA.
Yes, there are still issues and tno doubt there will be more setbacks, but the benefits of peace are worth persevering with.

As for the border; as far as I can tell its the EU outright refusal to treat the border any different to any other border that is the stumbling block.
Unlike so many who have compromised for the sake of peace it seems the EU refuses to put peace before principle.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Thanks for posting that. Always good to see people waking up to the cloying nature of the EU in other countries

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
You can't have a reasoned discussion can you. It's either project fear, insults and more recently stupid and fake memes.
Did you even listen to her reason why she has joined the Brexit party?
She didn't leave the Tories after 50 years nor come out of retirement in Devon for fame or fortune.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join