It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats want immigrants, but not in their cities

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well the problems that you have in Portland Oregon are not caused by illegals your city will probably show an improvement with a little extra flavor.

That makes so much sense.

Portland should probably be given an EXTRA large share of illegals...because "improvement" and "extra flavor".

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
These sanctuary cities REALLY seem to love protecting those especially rapey and murderous illegals. Illegal drug dealers and pedos also seem to be welcomed and protected there.

Lets screen them and send them to Pelosi's district...since she calls them "Gifts Of Love".

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I could be wrong,but didn't Pelosi have "future democrats" pitching
tents in her front yard recently?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hypocrisy exposed, I don't know how any rational thinking person can't see it at this point.
The whole immigration issue as the democrats portray it, is false outrage and all based on political motivation to make sure
illegals go to red states, not the blue states they already control.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Pelosi never said the sanctuary cities wouldn't take them, she said it was cruel for Trump to politicize the issue. Yeah, she was just having a go at him but still, she never actually said the sanctuary cities didn't want them. 8 pages in and people are still taking that out of context.

I'd say they go where they have family and/or where the jobs are.

Once inside they can go anywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hear that argument all the time, and it's really lame. People need to step back and really see all the issues we have in this country. If they did, they would call BS on the notion that immigration is the only issue Washington needs to solve.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Why are illegals going where the jobs are? You don't get to force illegals next door to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Why are illegals going where the jobs are?

Because they are looking for work?

You don't get to force illegals next door to me.

I'm not. Some might show up there because "they" want/need to be there. It isn't like "I" have any control over them.
edit on 13-4-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: IAMTAT

I could be wrong,but didn't Pelosi have "future democrats" pitching
tents in her front yard recently?

Exactly.
Pelosi's estate ALREADY feels like home to them...so let's send her LOTS more.
edit on 13-4-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The Democrats plan is almost done, they need another couple of millions of foreigners who will need government assistance to turn Texas to Blue and CHECK MATE!
They get the White House for decades, of course until the collapse for the ideology will have the same results of failure. But so much harm will be done that half the country will never recover.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I'm not. Some might show up there because "they" want/need to be there. It isn't like "I" have any control over them.

They should be sent home. If we have them in custody we DO have control over them.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

But we all should. Even you implicitly admit in your post they're illegal meaning they don't have any right to be here. That means they should be forced to go where we want them to go, not be free to go wherever they want to go. That last is a right of citizens, not illegals or criminals, but I repeat myself there.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You didn't say "we", you said "I" was forcing them. Unless you or I are working for ICE, neither of us is controling/forcing anything.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JAGStorm

From your source:

The White House told U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement that the plan was intended to alleviate a shortage of jail space but also served to send a message to Democrats. The attempt at political retribution raised alarm within ICE, with a top official responding that it was rife with budgetary and liability concerns, and noting that “there are PR risks as well.

ICE officials are right; it's a bad idea to be treating these PEOPLE like political fodder on both moral and lagistcal grounds.

I already expect this type of behavior from the President; he is prone to making outlandish policy declarations as a way to make his points.

What I didn't expect was the meltdown that has visited the Democrat party and their allies in the news media. I was under the impression that they truly cared about these immigrants and where not also using them as political fodder. But the shrill recoil from the idea that immigrants would be brought to their cities where they can be properly taken care of these immigrants speaks volumes.

This is a perfect example of why I dislike the Democrat party more than the Republican party. We all know that the Republican party is callous to the plight of others. But the Democrat party is far worse; not only are they callous to the plight of other... but they trick everyone into believing that they do care about others for political gain. To me that is far worse and dangerous than simply not caring.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Pelosi never said the sanctuary cities wouldn't take them, she said it was cruel for Trump to politicize the issue. Yeah, she was just having a go at him but still, she never actually said the sanctuary cities didn't want them. 8 pages in and people are still taking that out of context.

I'd say they go where they have family and/or where the jobs are.

Once inside they can go anywhere.

So the whole sanctuary city thing wasn't politicizing the issue? They were instated to give illegals a "safe" place. Again hypocrisy in intent.
edit on 13-4-2019 by hangedman13 because: didn't add my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sookiechacha

"A large influx of illegal aliens is good for the economy and they add to the rich cultural diversity of our great nation," that's what all you leftists keep saying.

So prove it.

Own it.

Embrace them.

Every last one of them.

In every god-damned sanctuary effing city.

OWN IT!

If I run for President, will you be my speech writer? Please?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

It was. I never said Pelosi wasn't a hypocrite, I just said that the quote in the OP was taken out of context.
edit on 13-4-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Sure and how would that make trump supporters in those cities feel? Trump supporter living in sanctuary cities "I don't want to live by any damn illegals you can't force them down my throat" trump "I will flood sanctuary cities with illegals" trump supporter living in sanctuary city "trump is a genius"

My position is secure the border, vet asylum seekers and if they qualify for asylum let them live in peace spread out through the country evenly. I am of the opposite position of trump I do not believe that asylum seekers and illegals are rapists or criminals and some are good I believe it is the opposite the vast majority are good and some are bad. Make all illegals living here come forward vet them if they can support themselves have them pay a $5,000 fine and make them unavailable for government assistance or voting rights for 10 years. Enforce strict border enforcement along southern border. Go after Mexico and Central America government for their corruption and crime they are the reason so many people want to flee.

Now how to stop the other %50+ of illegals pouring though other ports of entry.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Was reading today, that Lori Lightfoot (Chicago Mayor) said shed love to accept them. Than later stated that she doesn't think Trump will do it. Basically, she said yes under the impression Trump wont. Give the people what they want. I don’t live in Chicago, I could careless what’s happens there, I live in “Normalville” where law breakers are thrown in Jail and hate hoaxes do not go unpunished.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blaine91555

All the left would have to do is say, "We welcome them with open arms" and it would have parried Trump's jab.

But politicians would have to be smart to understand that.

I agree, but I think they know Trump would probably do it. So its easier to spin it back on him.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join