It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters forgot Student Loans were Nationalized under Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: dashen

A new nightmare on Elm Street 😆

Xuenchen, can you help this ATS Member? He has questions about "SMOKE".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Lost a perfectly good dinner and foot fetish.

Don't lie, you know you didn't lose the foot fetish, I can believe you about the dinner though.

As someone with a foot fetish, I can guarantee that it's not coming back for a season or two now...

~shudder~

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What's her degree in?

Playa hatin, baby!

PHD!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
its rather telling - that most replies are focused on her feet and other things - while so few address the actual OP topic

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The topic is twofold. She's an ignorant person in a position she does not belong in.

The fact that the US Government is on the hook for every student loan in the nation is the reason there's a crisis in the first place. If you knew the government would backstop you no matter what, wouldn't you keep raising tuition as high as possible?

Higher education teaches you all about getting hosed.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

if her brains look anything like her feet, her responses to those bankers come into focus. imagine if the shoe were on the other foot?
shes a loon.
if the shoe fits....

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BlueJacket

Those feet wouldn't look nearly as bad if she didn't try to jam them into those shoes.

Someone needs to put those shoes out of their misery.

Zion Williamson would be impressed.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Someone needs to put those shoes out of their misery.

They need to be careful not to leave them outside AOC's office 😎

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: highvein

Lost a perfectly good dinner and foot fetish.

Don't lie, you know you didn't lose the foot fetish, I can believe you about the dinner though.

As someone with a foot fetish, I can guarantee that it's not coming back for a season or two now...

~shudder~

I didn't know it had it's own season. Could you imagine the playoffs?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
That is enough to make one puke. Gross!!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, that explains a lot about the debt.
University tuitions are going up in my state. Go up all the time. Too bad the government hasn't figured that part out yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
More self-inflicted-pwnage from the left. Shocker.
Truly this should scare the daylights out of all of us, and I'm not taking about those poor shoes.
edit on 12-4-2019 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I really wonder how many more people at the Govt. level there in Washington D.C. have the same level of stupidity as she does.

I'm serious. Thank goodness for the internet. We now know in Congress is "weird".

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

LMAO...oh my god I'm crying laughin soo hard. Ape-feet could be prettier.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
its rather telling - that most replies are focused on her feet and other things - while so few address the actual OP topic

There's not much to say about the topic.

She helped pass the law that nationalized student loans, meaning the government is responsible for making all of them now and has been since early 2000s. But here she is in 2017 trying to excoriate big bank CEOs for something that isn't and hasn't been their problem since then. It betrays that she's either looking for some kind of gotcha or ignorant or both, likely both.

The kicker is that the student loan problems really began to blow up since the federal government took the program over and "made college affordable" for more students. How's that been working out for everyone? Oh that's right ... it hasn't been. College hasn't become more affordable and more kids are mired in debt they cannot discharge.

It illustrate. The only loans we haven't discharged related to college in this house? They're government ones. My privately lent money was far easier to pay off and we got it paid off a while ago.

So I'm not really sure what else there is to say. She hoisted herself on her own petard.
edit on 12-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Well, that explains a lot about the debt.
University tuitions are going up in my state. Go up all the time. Too bad the government hasn't figured that part out yet.

Why would you assume they care?

This is debt you can't discharge through bankruptcy. You're on the hook forever. So you'll be paying them forever. The more expensive tuition is ... the more you have to borrow ... the more you will be paying them.

It's a great scam. You pay them student loan debt. You pay them taxes. Sometimes at the same time.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was speaking about the national debt as whole. They dont even have a clue about what is going on. I should have clarified that.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
She put THAT foot in her mouth?

Ew.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

Maxine is the head of the House FINANCE Committee? What's her degree in?

Diversity....there were hundreds of more qualified people....but they needed the environment to be more diverse so she was choosen just because of the color of her skin.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join