It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news is not mainstream media now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So I did my daily rounds of media / social media and I came across this.

From 'no crisis' to 'breaking point': Mainstream media outlets change their tune on border crisis amid illegal immigration surge

Link.

Now, the actual article aside. Isnt fox a mainstream media outlet?

The media is changing. But for good or bad, that's the question. The headlines are changing, what next.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Wow, you guys are really reaching now.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The headlines are changing, what next.

Build the Wall...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I even said article aside... what catches my eye is that fox is trying to disassociate themselves from main stream media, when they clearly are part of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
who even cares?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

FoxNews is referring to the liberal MSM outlets. They should have made that clear.

But I got the sense today that FoxNews Executives (or the Fox holding company) has something to hide. They barely covered the news today about Barr saying Obama spied on Trump, or Nunes sending criminal referrals to the DOJ and requesting a meeting with AG Barr to discuss them.

You'd think those items would have been at the top of the news on FoxNews. But something internal is changing at that network.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Wow, you guys are really reaching now.

Reaching at what?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I even said article aside... what catches my eye is that fox is trying to disassociate themselves from main stream media, when they clearly are part of it.

Honestly, this one is a little weird. Because FOX is generally conservative, which in stark contrast to the vast majority of the media.

That alone makes them less "mainstream" as far as what is shown on TV, cable, or otherwise.

However, they DO have the highest ratings on TV. In that regard they are mainstream.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'd say they are mainstream just because they have such a large share of viewers. If Fox is conservative, then that just means the mainstream is a bit conservative. But if the mainstream is defined as liberal, then of course Fox is against the mainstream. And it's true that they are different from the other big companies. So in a way, they are not mainstream.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Fox has always been mainstream. They sold their entertainment rights to Disney for 70 some odd billion dollars. Conservative or not, they are a major news outlet, and are clearly trying to distance themselves from what has been circulating the internet for the last two years, that mainstream media is demonized.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I would consider Fox as MSM. I guess they could've spelled it out a little better. Still pretty self explanatory isn't it? What are you confused about?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Fox has always been mainstream. They sold their entertainment rights to Disney for 70 some odd billion dollars. Conservative or not, they are a major news outlet, and are clearly trying to distance themselves from what has been circulating the internet for the last two years, that mainstream media is demonized.

Fox News Network didn't sell to Disney, it would've been illegal. If that's what you were saying?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Some inside rumors say Disney "demanded/asked" that FoxNews show more favorable "Democrat" positions as a prelude to sale.

Nothing on "paper" but FoxNews has in fact made some "Left" turns recently. They have lots more Democrat related "guests" and "commentators" and "contributors". But most end up making themselves out as idiots (by design?). 😎

But Disney doesn't own FoxNews as it was "spun off".

Acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney

The acquisition of 21st Century Fox by The Walt Disney Company took place on March 20, 2019. Among other key assets, the acquisition included the 20th Century Fox film and television studios, Fox Television Group (along with cable channels such as FX), international networks, a 73% stake in National Geographic Partners, Indian television broadcaster Star India, a 30% stake in Hulu, and a lease on the 20th Century Fox studio lot.

Immediately preceding the acquisition, 21st Century Fox spun off the Fox Broadcasting Company, Fox Television Stations, Fox News Channel, the Fox Business Network, FS1, FS2, Fox Deportes and the Big Ten Network into the newly-formed Fox Corporation.

edit on Apr-11-2019 by xuenchen because: 🤓

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I made a pass by both internet Fox and Yahoo. Both are more clickbait and spam than I will tolerate. Both Fail miserably.
edit on 11-4-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Fox is definitely MSM. Certain personalities on the network may not be, but the network itself is. Always be skeptical.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
and prior to that Disney had already owned certain aspects of Fox.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

FoxNews is referring to the liberal MSM outlets. They should have made that clear.

But I got the sense today that FoxNews Executives (or the Fox holding company) has something to hide. They barely covered the news today about Barr saying Obama spied on Trump, or Nunes sending criminal referrals to the DOJ and requesting a meeting with AG Barr to discuss them.

You'd think those items would have been at the top of the news on FoxNews. But something internal is changing at that network.

Foxnews is deepstate just like the rest of the msm bunch. Look at how they treated ron paul and feared him for wanting to deminish the govts role and mil role around the world.

There role is to capture the ears of the other 50% of the sheep population. They were the ones that sold to the republicans its a good idea to have govt pick the winner and losers in the free market like commies with the bailouts, told repubs its a good idea to ket big brother get bigger by giving up your privacy with the patriot act, they were the ones that told you that sding with big govt over state rights was a good idea when it came to lobbyiest needs such as the mj and gmo industries, etc.
edit on 43430America/ChicagoThu, 11 Apr 2019 21:43:05 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 44430America/ChicagoThu, 11 Apr 2019 21:44:09 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They're just being honest.

We all know FOX is actually a part of the presidential cabinet and sometimes makes decisions for him. As such, they are right - they are more a cabinet member than mainstream media.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I made a pass by both internet Fox and Yahoo. Both are more clickbait and spam than I will tolerate. Both Fail miserably.

Why ?
Because they don't say what ya want em to ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join