It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live as a warrior. A profound teaching.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A friend who was into the Carlos Castaneda books brought this treatise back from a seminar the author held in California. (1970s)
I think it's quite profound.
Whether the author's works were fact or fiction, I think one can walk away with a lesson here. The warrior he describes is someone who 'hunts power', and hones an 'impeccable spirit'.

Here it is, verbatim:

Man Of Knowledge

Words fail us. For this reason, a warrior seeks to act rather than to talk, and to this effect, he gets a new description of the world, where talking is no longer impoetant. The world is unfathomable. So are we. The ultimate experience is being alive, in this unfathomable world, at this time.
The warrior understands that our world is very awesome, very mysterious, and does not reveal secrets easily. A warrior's personality, his spirit, is marked by consistency, detachment, objectivity, sobriety, and above all, total dedication. A world that is supportive and nurturing, yet utterly demanding. A world that admits very few mistakes. The warrior commits. He will never quit, right up to the minute of his death.

A warrior sees things through, all the way. When things don't go his way, he doesn't whine and complain. He doesn't fantasize that life could be different. He keeps going, with his unbending intent. The average man sees everything that befalls him as either a blessing or a curse. The warrior sees everything as a challenge. He assumes total responsibility for even the smallest task, and puts his spirit into it. To the warrior, there are no small tasks. His spirit is in the task, whether it's sweeping the floor, or going out to meet his death.

The average man cannot understand this type of intent or dedication. What the average man considers to be great strength and character, the warrior sees as weakness and conceit. The warrior lives with a discipline that the average man cannot even conceive of, much less practice. A warrior does not give in to self-importance. He is not weighed down and made weak by self-indulgence. He has abandoned these feelings.

When the going gets tough, he won't quit. Ever. It is not an option. When the average man comes to the wall, he looks for a way around it. He wants to sneak around the wall, and when he can't, he'll beat his fists against it.
He'll beat his head against it in desparation. The warrior has power and intent. It takes him over the wall.

edit on 11-4-2019 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

and choose a path with a heart.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I absolutely love this.

It reminds me very much of my husband in so many ways.

The warrior lives with a discipline that the average man cannot even conceive of, much less practice. A warrior does not give in to self-importance. He is not weighed down and made weak by self-indulgence. He has abandoned these feelings.

There was a time when a lot of men had many of these characteristics, now only a rare few.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Fantastic read. Thank you. I agree this is an extremely rare quality in either sex.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I've come back to read this a couple times.

I love this part:

He assumes total responsibility for even the smallest task, and puts his spirit into it. To the warrior, there are no small tasks. His spirit is in the task, whether it's sweeping the floor, or going out to meet his death.

This is truly the secret to happiness. I totally get it. I can't say that I live it all the time, but I get it.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Good read.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sounds like celibacy to me.

top topics

join