It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie deals deathblow to Google and Amazon. Goes to blockchain site.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This. Those 98 million (Jesus Christ that jumped up fast) "people" are still going to be using YouTube and Twitch. It just means that this new site might have an early built in viewer base. But if they can't initiate a paradigm shift this is pretty much going to be a flash in the pan and (hopefully) PewDiePie will finally be dead.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Rut rho..... Google and Amazon still going strong in my internet.

Now what?

LOL

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You got the ugly YouTube... Mine has reviews and demonstrations of beauty products and makeup, nails, jewelry, clothing, cooking and home decor. It has videos of cute kittens and baby monkeys day in the the life.
Occasionally something from the news shows up. My choice whether I view it or not.

I have also found that what shows up depends highly on what I have viewed before... so

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They all have a makeup line that is very very good.... but also very very expensive.
I know this from YouTube.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ibex, not so much.

I haven't had it, but I imagine it tastes like real gamey goat, with an earthy finish.
I'm I right?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

As Burdman said, it tastes like stale piss. It really was one of the most awful things my brother sent me.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As Burdman said, it tastes like stale piss. It really was one of the most awful things my brother sent me.

Well unlike you I haven't had stale piss either. Guess I'll pass if i'm ever offered Ibex.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You're honestly not missing out on either.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

From my short knowledge, content theft is massive in the online world. T-series seems to be one example. Another one i heard of was "F$ckJerry", in which these young guys steal memes and other creations to make millions in advertising.

I guess this happeneds alot. Kind of like joke thieves in comedy. Carlos Mencia made millions in joke thievery.

Seems like there is not much repercussions for content and art theft in the immaterial world.
edit on 12-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: roadgravel
People are dreaming when they think one person's videos are a major percentage of use on youtube.

Youtube claims 1.3 Billion registered users... 1/13th of them (roughly 8%) are Pewdiepie subscribers. No business in their right mind in 2019 pisses off 8% of their userbase and gets past it without at least some losses. Nobody is suggesting he'll take down Youtube, but he's going to make it sting and, just like a crap basketball team like the Cavs signing Lebron James, it immediately makes DLive a serious player in the streaming world and will result in many more content creators joining them over the alternatives.

Meh -- they'll just watch his videos over there but watch everything else on Youtube.

It's like tv -- if your favorite show moves to a new channel, you don't then ditch everything on that old channel to only watch shows on the new channel. You watch the same shows, ignoring the platform itself.

So... minimal impact for the paces that used to host him.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

I looked into pewdiepie when he started to get hammered by the media (couple years ago?). I found that I really enjoy his videos nowadays. Easily one of my favorite entertainers actually.

With his active viewership, I can understand why the media would really go after him..

All that said, streaming just isn't my thing. If a video is over 20m-30m, I'm probably not interested. 1 hour is still ok sometimes, but longer? Ehhhhh

What I hope this signifies is a step in a different direction. Would love to see actual competition for these things, especially considering all the drama that has been getting worse and worse on so many of these social and entertainment sites.

I mean, at the very least, pewdiepie pisses wil wheaton off. That's worth something

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

For all my issues with the business.. a site like YouTube is really what YOU make of it as the user.

Their algorithm is frequently pretty good, based on your activity.

I use it like TV.

Really though, there are far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, FAR too many uploaders for all the videos to be "good." That's probably an unreasonable expectation. One that I would guess was birthed when you were actively using the site more (sounds obvious, but that's roughly how the site defines your personal "portal").

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
deathblow? LOL doubt it.

his one channel will barely dent youtube.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: gladtobehere

What's a PewDiePie?

Could be something like an "Alabama Hot Pocket". (google dat)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well, I just watched Epic Rap Battle of History do their PewDiePie and T-Series battle so I can safely say I now know who both of these tools are as well.

I don't know either of them but I'm pretty sure neither of them know the tool that's you. That says something.

Good on pewdie whether he's a tool or not. Sounds like he's decided to not be Alphabet's tool and that's the important thing.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Was that supposed to be an insult? You need to do better if it was, I've been called worse by far better than you.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Evolution right? In a few years they will be commenting on the kids who watched the kids, that watched the kids, who watched the kids reacting, to the kids that were reacting, to the kids that played videogames, who were commenting on the kids watching it all.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

you do realize that guy makes at least 10 million dollars a year? It's not like he's starving who cares

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst
Oh wow! I never knew pewdiepie was so popular. But then again, I never watched a single of his videos from beginning to end, but then again I rarely watch a video from beginning to end, but then again there aint much new out there, in fact the most interesting YouTube videos I have ever seen only had about dozen or so views.

And even the better ones then those, well there usually pulled for various reasons, and so only had about 5 views while they lasted.

And the rest, well most would be better then pewdiepies channel, the guys on youtube who talk about varnishing and staining wood or talking for hours about the difference between Kentuky blue grass and Ryegrass are frankly much more interesting anything pwediepie has ever said, who knew there were so many different types of grasses out there really.

He is more then a bit overrated I would say, its hard to watch his vids without cringing at the obvious corniness of it all.

But I would give him a E for effort. Though yes, I can see why he is so popular.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Well, I just watched Epic Rap Battle of History do their PewDiePie and T-Series battle so I can safely say I now know who both of these tools are as well.

I don't know either of them but I'm pretty sure neither of them know the tool that's you. That says something.

Good on pewdie whether he's a tool or not. Sounds like he's decided to not be Alphabet's tool and that's the important thing.

Lol. Bravo!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join