It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie deals deathblow to Google and Amazon. Goes to blockchain site.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Reply to: TonyS

One who decides what memes live, and what memes die
edit on 11-4-2019 by Quantumgamer1776 because: The voices

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

meanwhile - in the real world - its 98 mil subscriber base - is not going to quit you-tube , google or any other platform - UNLESS all the other content exits too

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Youtube needs a major shakeup.

They totally killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

I watched a video the other day and I was so sad. I was reminiscing about when almost every video on Youtube was good, or at least interesting. Many were very informative. Now it is mostly junk, shock videos, over scripted fake videos and videos with a bunch of weird people making weird sounds.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Anyone know what the live streaming duration limits are on DLIve? In other words, are streaming sessions limited to like 4 hour blocks, 12 hour blocks, or whatever? Or is it possible to 24-hr continuous live stream there?

Gonna take a lot before these startup streaming services can match the flexibility of Youtube. For all its faults, Youtube is an advanced service, with many years of refinement already in place. This may not be evident or of concern to the casual viewer who doesn't care which service they watch their videos on- but for content creators like me, I need details and flexibility. DLive's lack of documentation is a particular problem already. After checking it out somewhat, looks alone appear very kiddish geared for gamers, and not more polished like Youtube.

That said, I think it will be a massive move for one of the top Youtubers to move to DLive, that may impact Youtube in a very bad way. 93 million subs is a very powerful number. But if the top Youtuber is doing it, you better believe millions of people will be checking out DLive very soon. The platform is curious, with viewers being rewarded as well as content creators- but DLive's appearance alone will make many non-gamer people question what they are getting into right off the bat.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Google will make the numbers work for them.

If this made some significant impact on the country then we are in real trouble.

We know it does indicate a lot of near useless time spent.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Youtube likely forced Pewdiepie's hand on this, as they're likely going to kiss India's ass and comply with the demand that they remove any Pewdiepie videos that are disrespectful of T-Series.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that you know who both of these people are and then willingly shared that fact with us. Are you also keeping up with the Kardashians and not letting us in on that secret?

Now excuse me, I need to go outside and hunt a moose or three with my bare hands.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that you know who both of these people are and then willingly shared that fact with us. Are you also keeping up with the Kardashians and not letting us in on that secret?

It's difficult to scroll through dank memes and not know the backstory of Pewdiepie's subscriber war with T-Series. It's also not exactly difficult to know "Bitch Lasagne" pissed off most of India... who seem to adore their little commercial music and film Youtube channel. I assure you I don't currently, nor have I ever kept up with the Kardashians.

The moose will stample you. Sometime in August or September, if I choose to rile some folks up just because I can, I'll post a couple of fresh kill photos of me with whatever moose I use my harvest tag on. It's an antlerless tag this year, which is important... if my wife or one of my kids fill their over the counter bull tag before I fill my antlerless, y'all might get the unmitigated joy of seeing yours truly with a dead calf on the ground since "antlerless" includes calves and I likely won't be chomping at the bit to process something as large as a full grown cow moose after already processing a bull.
(and yeah, I'm 100% serious with that... calf moose is the tenderest, best quality meat one can get anywhere on the good Lord's green Earth.)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, I just watched Epic Rap Battle of History do their PewDiePie and T-Series battle so I can safely say I now know who both of these tools are as well.

As to the baby moose, why would I want to eat anything else? My brother is always sending me wild game from his trips around the world and moose calf was certainly up there as one of the better ones.

Ibex, not so much.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hunted Ibex in NM as a teen. Very gamey, almost stale piss taste to the meat... not a favorite.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah, that is a really good way of describing that thing. It was packed properly and shipped with dry ice so I figured it wasn't bad, just bad tasting.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Comparing pewdiepie to the kardashians?

Do you even internet bro?

Pewdiepie has extremely cultured humor at his core, but it’s packaged in a much more widely palatable fart joke level at the surface.

He is basically the embodiment of playful internet culture.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I don't PewDiePie or Kardashian, homeslice, the internet was only invented for one thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

"playful internet culture"

There is a phrase I never thought I would hear.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I don't PewDiePie or Kardashian, homeslice, the internet was only invented for one thing.

www.youtube.com... amirite?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just checked out Dlive... it's a shame it's targeted towards live streaming/gaming as this would be a massive opportunity to stick it to Youtube. As it is though it's more of an effective competitor to Twitch moreso than Youtube, and while this may be feasible for PewdiePie considering the bulk of his viewership are also gamers -- I don't see it having much of a lasting impact on the Youtube user-base.

Even if a large number of PewdiePie's subscribers go over to Dlive just to watch him, they'll still be going right back to Youtube for all the other user-generated content.

I don't understand why someone doesn't just essentially copy the Youtube layout/framework (minus their dodgy algorithm) and launch that as an alternative. Hell, with the limited web development skills I currently have I could just about put something up, however without the capital needed to pay for the required server infrastructure, it just wouldn't be up to standards performance-wise.

Now that I think of it, the biggest challenge would be competing against Youtube's monetization/payout system... content generators are able to make a decent living on Youtube because of it, and they aren't going to so easily compromise on that for the sake of sticking it to Youtube. At the same time, it's just not possible for a new startup to be able to offer the same payouts until they've grown a comparable user-base. When Youtube started there was no monetization, people just uploaded stuff for the sake of sharing... but having turned into the beast it now is, it's going to be nigh impossible to compete against.
edit on 11/4/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If this made some significant impact on the country then we are in real trouble.

No one yet has stated anything about affecting the country
Just Google
Try and stay on-topic

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: roadgravel

No one yet has stated anything about affecting the country
Just Google
Try and stay on-topic

It is on the topic, just not what you want to hear. haha.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I realize the culture gap is here, and pewdiepie is seen as a "lets play" or gamer channel. Sure he started off as an obnoxious screaming guy... but there is something very interesting about him now that he has matured. Frankly I did not watch any of his content when he just did games. It wasn't until I started seeing his name being attacked in the MSM that I checked his newer content out in spite of my prior dislike of him due to his former style.

However he has matured (well somewhat), and he has a very real and likeable personality that draws you in. There are unironically things to learn from him when relating to his charisma. There is a youtube channel called charisma on command that focuses on how to be charismatic, and he has done a couple of videos on Felix (pewdiepie)

Then there are some things where he unironically wants people to read and even talks about books. There is more to the guy than meets the media narrative for sure, but I agree he is also quite divisive among those who only know him from his original channel growth in the games department. Heck I was one of those people that actively disliked him in the past.

Beyond that,felix is actually quite wholesome. Also... subscribe to pewdiepie.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Never seen nor heard any of this guys content,once again when media gets involved more likely to hear anything truthful,plenty of claims on Youtube

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Boom.

I knew I learned that somewhere.

<< 1    3 >>

join