It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion shouldn't exist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Firebrand1105volunteer

My reply was so good that I started another thread
Religious Balance
edit on 17-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonU2
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well I'm not one of those atheists, I'm more of a realist. My OP was really more questioning as to how people can believe all the religious garbage

There must be some religious pearls as well as some religious garbage.

But you might not want to consider the possibility.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do you think people born blind at birth, should believe those, that tell eyesight exists. From your logic no, as that would be considered faith. Yet denial of eyesight does not make the denial, truth. To gain truth one must explore all possibilities. If all the separate atoms in our body can create a person like us. Then why cannot all the separate atoms in the universe create a person greater than us.

This is why philosophers searched their minds to the limits. Trying to see if anything existed beyond mind. The hindu philosophers realised through deep meditation that beyond consciousness existed nothingness. In that nothingness they found everything.

But it matters not if you believe or not. If belief was a requisite for spiritualism it would have been written in a psyche.

Perhaps one day a little bird will show you truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonU2
Yep, religion.....always religion. When people actually understand that atheists don't believe in any gods but people of any faith believe that their god is the only one (out of thousands) then they'll realise that atheists only believe in one less.........and there's just as much proof of Santa Clause........why do people continue to make legislature according to religion?

I do not understand why so many countries are bound by religious laws. In this computer age, actual laws in countries are dictated by things that cannot be proven - why?

I could say to someone that I can fly.........they would say "show me"....I would then say "you've got to have faith"

All the gods in religions around the world mean different things to different people, so why is any ONE of them better than the other?

Isn't it more likely that none of them exist? Isn't it more likely that the whole religious thing was created by ruling people to create the ruled. If there
was no religion then the poor would have killed the rich (thanks, Napoleon).

It's a thing that has successfully been handed down generation to generation but surely we should now realise this?

Apparently not
Jesus mission was so we would get Life Eternal through his Sacrifice on the Cross, it is not really a Religion, but a teaching to save Souls from Hell.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join