It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trump will pardon him first. Trump loves the guy after all...he said so.

Trump has pardoned worse with more shady crime

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: Zimnydran
The question is...... what will YOU do..... not what will Julian do, not what will Wikileaks do.

Will you sit on forums saying how you support Mr.Assange and talk about injustice ..... in other words sit on your butt and do nothing.. Or will you mobilize and show up on the steps of Washington in such large numbers that being ignored is not an option.

The ball is in our court now, we have spent years saying we believe in him, that we support him and that the thing he deserves most.... is freedom.

Sadly I think that what we will do is say.... I would go protest but I gotta work that day...... Cause that is what we do, we tell each other how angry we are about things..... free speech and the likes...... but unlike the liberals..... we just cant be bothered missing work to go make our voices heard

I’ll crack open a good beer and hope he rots in prison for a long time. Throw away the key.

Why do hate him so much exactly?

I don't believe his intentions were nearly as honorable and pristine as a lot of people on here believe. I sincerely believe his only intention was to sow discord and distrust amongst Americans for personal gain.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MRinder

Pardons him for?????

For exposing the facts that our government is/was hiding secrets of where they crossed the lines. Our government is not perfect and we deserve to know when they use our tax dollars to break their own laws. I am not anti America by any means but I am not so foolish to believe our country is sinless.

Check out this article in regards to child trafficking by US defense contractors exposed by Manning and WikiLeaks. We have a need to know when our government crosses the line. Snowden, Manning, and Assange are heroes though far from perfect themselves.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

For Assange's personal gain? Boy that sure backfired on him, didnt it?

link   
a reply to: gortex

we don't take orders from the US or any country other than Europe , because we are their bitches not yours.

The shared intelligence communities really don't make it a matter of "who is who's bitch", but more of a single entity in intelligence and foreign policy regards.

We allegedly have a NSA base in the UK for our targeted killing missions.

It's also been alledged that the NSA is spying on UK citizens.
edit on 11-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   
Since I can't see his hand holding the book and it's unlikely that a bunch of burly cops cannot take a book off a skinny, handcuffed man...
I am thinking that they want us to see it.

Perhaps the original insurance doc can't be broken.
Tptb come up with their own and put it in wikileaks servers, people use page 1 as the key and the man leads with a what we found story while ignoring those who downloaded the original when they say it's a fake?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: PokeyJoe

He was arrested on orders from the US for extradition.

we don't take orders from the US or any country other than Europe , because we are their bitches not yours.

Am I the only one who loves the humor in this comment? Cheerio, govna!
edit on 11-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No no as far as I know it has not ever been a m cracked..... I was just razzing you about the big numbers..... But indeed even if all the computers in the world could be utilized it probably would never be brute forced

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I got the numbers from a Reddit thread of people that seemed to know what they were talking about and jived with everything else I had read.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So...the arrest isn't staged and they did a thing most police do and let him hold a giant book he could smack them with.

-with the cover facing outwards

Lol...no

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Cool statement, and who would those pardons be????

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I doubt Trump pardons him... Here's a tweet from Trump in 17' stating he's not in agreement with Assange.

While he's proven tweets aren't consistent to policy, I think it would go against his projected strong nationalist and foreign policy if he caves on this.

He's also proven to have disdain for leaks. My guess is the Obama style weaponization of the DOJ still holds strong against whistle blowers.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Is he holding a Bernie Sander photo? Swear i saw Bernie...

I see now it is a book he is holding...very interesting

edit on 11-4-2019 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: gortex

The timing of all of this has my conspiracy mind going wild..... I honestly believe this is all coordinated.. From AG Barr mentioning the word "spying" or "unauthorized surveillance" in the congressional hearing yesterday, to today Assange being arrested and extradited to the US... what if they are bringing Assange back to the US, in hopes the "Dead Man Switch" is activated. All the wikileaks insurance files are dumped. Trump gets to wipe his hands clean for not releasing the information, but instead it was Assange, and based off the release, Trump/DOJ find they can't charge Assange, but instead give him immunity due to all the new information coming to light... aka, what happened to Seth Rich and whether he was the actual leak, meaning there was no foreign power hacking that took place.... I hope this is how it plays out.. fingers crossed!
edit on 11-4-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

link   
The book thing is definitely strange for sure!

No police protocol on earth I'm aware of will permit a detainee to take a possession with them to detention. None. Equally, no law enforcement protocol would permit officers to have something like a book in their hands while detaining a suspect. It would be evidence for others to collect.

Definitely a big red flag here.

"Wait, officers, I'm just about to get to the good part of this book!! **struggle** Let me keep my book, dammit!!"

Yeah..NO! That's not going to happen! Just think about it from a law enforcement perspective...the book could contain a weapon (razor blade, etc), or drugs, or critical information to their case, or thousands of other things. There's no way, just no way they would let him keep a personal item like that.

Something is definitely up with that!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Maybe the pass phrase for the insurance file is the title of that book? or the author, or something associated with it.

Or maybe he’s displaying the book because he wants people to buy it and read the content. Seen as it’s about how the military industrial complex came about amongst other things

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Question: Is it common in the UK for suspects being arrested to have their hands in front of them?

In the US it is mandatory that suspects being arrested have their hands handcuffed behind them (in about every jurisdiction I'm aware of).

I know some may say he's likely not violent, but here it doesn't matter, your hands are handcuffed behind you.

ETA - Before anyone jumps on it...court appearances are different, and suspects hands are usually in front of them, but they are also in a much more controlled environment, and in these cases suspects are often shackled too. So, not the same.
edit on 4/11/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I hear he’s reading the book in court right now. Very strange, how would they let him have that. Pages could be laced with something for example.

Tristan Kirk - London Evening Standard
edit on 11/4/2019 by firesnake because: Update

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I really like your thinking and I sure hope that is case!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just from US DOJ:

WikiLeaks Founder Charged in Computer Hacking Conspiracy

The indictment alleges that in March 2010, Assange engaged in a conspiracy with Chelsea Manning, a former intelligence analyst in the U.S. Army, to assist Manning in cracking a password stored on U.S. Department of Defense computers connected to the Secret Internet Protocol Network (SIPRNet), a U.S. government network used for classified documents and communications. Manning, who had access to the computers in connection with her duties as an intelligence analyst, was using the computers to download classified records to transmit to WikiLeaks. Cracking the password would have allowed Manning to log on to the computers under a username that did not belong to her. Such a deceptive measure would have made it more difficult for investigators to determine the source of the illegal disclosures.

During the conspiracy, Manning and Assange engaged in real-time discussions regarding Manning’s transmission of classified records to Assange. The discussions also reflect Assange actively encouraging Manning to provide more information. During an exchange, Manning told Assange that “after this upload, that’s all I really have got left.” To which Assange replied, “curious eyes never run dry in my experience.”

Assange is charged with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion and is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

Full text here: source

pff US DOJ... shameless and pathetic. Assange and Manning exposed your war crimes, so logically your wrong doings are whose fault?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join