It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What if the book is a dead man's switch....a visual sign to release the krakken.

It just seems off........if I was being drug out by a bunch of cops....holding onto a book would not even occur to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hadn't the UK just passed new laws regarding what can be posted to social media?

Perhaps that's how they'll gag the insurance keys.
Even tho the law states social media sites, I don't think it's restricted to just the big 3.
Technically any forum /site can be classified as social media.

It will be interesting to see if any keys get posted.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Good find, I found this rather sobering piece on twitter to accompany your post....

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Thank you. Since the investigation ended without any indictment against Assange what happened to it?
I just saw that there was an error made in another motion that revealed this secret charge against Assange.
Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction. Very helpful of you. Now that I see that I seem to remember something about it a while back but you know how these Assange threads go with so much rumor. Details get lost.
So now you think he is going to be extradited to the US by the UK? Or are they simply going to conclude that bail jumping charge and let him go? Will he do a year in a city jail?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

Is it shaved or is he bald?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

The question is...... what will YOU do

Like you said later in your post, I have a job I can't miss out on, my vacation days (the small 2 weeks that I get) are for seeing family across the country.

Not just that, but American journalists have been getting similar treatment in the past decade, and I haven't seen much come of it even though it's been widely covered.

Unfortunately, the vast amount of America (and the west) are OK with authoritarian type governments, and many in the west ask for more authoritarian measures (more calls of speech suppressed, more calls of treason for people acting on a different ideology, and the latter concerns me more).

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Or stolen information...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

If the dead mans switch was truly as big of a bombshell as he says it is, they wouldn't have taken him in or they're leveraging him ever having freedom on the key not being released.

It was encrypted and shared via torrent distribution, and I'm sure many people have it on an external air gapped from the net... So I doubt it's comprimised, but will he allow it to release knowing it will make his case far worse off? While he's made sacrifices, he could have released it by now but he hasn't, if anything this will scare him further.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I dont know. Doesnt seem plausible to plan being able to display the book while being arrested.

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Are you saying that Assange stole the emails? That is wasn't Russia after all?

link   
Does anyone have a link to the insurance file? I’d like to download it!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It is my understanding that Julians lawyers put out a statement stating that he is under arrest under US extradition, he is on his way here.....been trying to fact check this info...first saw on twitter under a pretty reliable source, but definitely needs verification....

link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Equador is saying that he broke the rules of the asylum agreement.
edit on 4112019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Or stolen information...

Which is what a lot of journalism is. The government hides their misdeeds by classifying something for national security even when many times it has nothing to do with anything more than embarrassment.

We barely have many institutions resembling real journalism, and those will be gone soon so long as people cheers on the government going after people who "steal" information (doing their jobs of journalism). While jornalists themselves don't steal the information, whistle blowers do something that is perfectly legal before the Obama admin weaponized the Espionage Act.

Before hand if the government was doing something illegal, and you went through the proper channels to no success, you could whistle blow, a big way of doing that is bringing it to the public.

People believe this security state while we were taught that McCarthyism was wrong.... Wake up.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

His hands are bound. He's probably signaling
"My nose itches, can you get it?"

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Maybe the pass phrase for the insurance file is the title of that book? or the author, or something associated with it.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You are pre-writing the story you know.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Equador is saying he will not be extradited to a country with the death penalty.
The US has the death penalty but why would he be put to death?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It looks like he has his hair tied back.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join