It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Assange looks old and tired. He needs to lose the beard.

He looks like Trevor Slattery/Mandarin from Iron Man 3.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Mr. no nothing I despise Hillary Clinton. She is not as bad as the lunatic Trump but almost as bad.

BTW will your beloved Trump save him? No, he will abandon him like he does most.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: JBurns
He was charged for failing to wear a contraceptive. NOT a sex crime.

Firstly, he was not charged. He was wanted for questioning.

Secondly, not wearing a condom when he was asked to do so, and bonking someone when they were asleep is considered rape in Sweden, so they were a sex crime. In the extradition (to Sweden) hearing back in 2011 it was confirmed what he was alleged to have done would hve been considered rape in the UK too.

Except he did concede to wear a condom when he was asked to do so, Miss A claims he might have split it on purpose, really? Both women were down for consensual sex as per their story the issue was Assange didn’t want to wear a condom, the first time he conceded the second the other women agreed to have sex without one. It was the next day she went back to bed with him fell asleep and awoke to him trying to have sex again. The women were more concerned about getting STD’s than anything else and if he had just taken a test, the women wouldn’t have gone to the police in the first place. As per their accounts.

If that can be considered rape in the UK too, I’m done with the UK!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

fell asleep and awoke to him trying to have sex

How did she give consent if she was asleep? Sounds pretty rapey to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Assange looks old and tired. He needs to lose the beard.

He looks like Trevor Slattery/Mandarin from Iron Man 3.

Wouldn't it be wild if just like in Iron Man 3, Assange was just an actor that was paid to be "The Guy", and the real person is someone else.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

fell asleep and awoke to him trying to have sex

How did she give consent if she was asleep? Sounds pretty rapey to me.

She already had sex with him the previous day, maybe he presumed she was up for some more? Regardless I haven’t read anything about him forcing himself on them without their consent.

Forgot to add how long can you remain asleep when someone’s trying to have sex with you anyway? You’d make a good lawyer but you’ve got nothing. JA maybe creepy, but he’s not rapey.

Good night.
edit on 11-4-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

BTW will your beloved Trump save him? No, he will abandon him like he does mos

He might if he can prove who the real leaker was...???

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Are people still believing in an insurance file with country shattering info.

I suppose so.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Probably been a while since a Gore Vidal book has been on the best sellers list....

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Precisely, so why wasn't she using one? Why isn't Assange entitled to swear out a complaint for sexual assault since she wasn't using a contraceptive?

The responsibility doesn't fall on the male exclusively. Sexist nonsense

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Those applauding this do so for political reasons

They must think we need even more secrecy here in the States, and that we're even less entitled to know where are obscene amount of tax dollars being funneled away to.

Where is the insurance file unlock code?

I was looking forward to spreading its alleged life-shattering contents all over the Internet.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Why not go and read the extradion judgement from the High Court judgement. It's an interesting read and may help you understand some of the legal arguement and presented facts. It probably won't change your view on things, but it may be helpful nonetheless.

Different people have different ideas of what rape is, but the law is the law. Have a chat to a woman, if you know one, about rape tolerances, unprotected sex, STD and consent.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Throw the book at him. I have no sympathy for people who illegally leak classified information. He's not a "whistleblower." Whistleblowers expose wrongdoing. He indiscriminately leaked anything he could get his hands on, including information that put people's lives at risk. That's not protected by whistleblower laws. # this scumbag.

I hope you feel the same way about all the “leaks” by “anonymous sources” to journalists over the last few years. Because it’s obviousky not the fault of the actual whistleblower sending WikiLeaks the info... it’s wikileaks or Assange.

Love the logic there.

If someone tells me my house is on fire, I’m going to hate them versus the person who actually set my house on fire. Brilliance at its best.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

BTW will your beloved Trump save him? No, he will abandon him like he does most.

Yep. Spot on here.

And it breaks my flag hugging heart.

Will that change my vote for Trump? No, it will not. Mostly because the alternatives are unthinkable. Pretty sad when you have to choose between the ridiculous persecution of an individual or the ridiculous persecution of an entire people, however. False dichotomy BS

Pretty fed up with this government at the moment. And 100% finished with EU/UK grand standing on "human rights" give me a break. If you're a male that is deluded into thinking you're a female, they will maybe go to bat for you. Otherwise? Forget about it

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Will that change my vote for Trump? No, it will not.

Yeah, but in all fairness, Trump could come around to your house, shoot your dog and sleep with your wife... It still wouldn't change 'your' vote.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Donald has to say about all this... Since the man child Assange seems to have quite a few fans among Trump's core base.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Edward Snowden better tighten his buckle he's next and by the way this came no surprise to me anyways he's old news

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Great time to talk about Seth Rich, so it seems and on the
Rush Limbuagh show of all places - Today.

He has a huge audience, and he was talking about Seth Rich,
and the probability that Seth was the one who downloaded
the Podesta emails and leaked them.

No one wants to talk about it, such taboo. I'm not sure
what could be on an insurance file, but if Assange wanted
to blow up the world, if he had information on Rich that
would pretty much do the job.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ucanthandlethetruth

originally posted by: face23785
Throw the book at him. I have no sympathy for people who illegally leak classified information. He's not a "whistleblower." Whistleblowers expose wrongdoing. He indiscriminately leaked anything he could get his hands on, including information that put people's lives at risk. That's not protected by whistleblower laws. # this scumbag.

I hope you feel the same way about all the “leaks” by “anonymous sources” to journalists over the last few years. Because it’s obviousky not the fault of the actual whistleblower sending WikiLeaks the info... it’s wikileaks or Assange.

Love the logic there.

If someone tells me my house is on fire, I’m going to hate them versus the person who actually set my house on fire. Brilliance at its best.

Except he's not a whistleblower. Did he ONLY release information about the government spying on citizens or soldiers committing atrocities in Iraq? No. He released hundreds of thousands of classified documents, among them some that expose crimes, but many of which were legitimately classified documents that there was no reason to release. That's not whistleblowing.

Your analogy is flawed. If someone tells you your house is on fire, and they know this because they were at your house raping your wife and robbing you, you should probably be mad at both him and the person that set your house on fire.

ETA: And yeah I do feel the same way about the scumbags leaking to the press for partisan purposes. There are legitimate channels for whistleblowers to go through to expose wrongdoing.
edit on 11 4 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
This could lead to some bombshells and change the policital, and economic landscape of the world........

Or he could go quietly into the night....

Depends on who put the Bounty out on him could it be good old Hillary?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Assange is not American.

a reply to: MRinder

The leaks go back to before the Obama regime and include Dubya and the atrocities of the 2nd Gulf War.

Whistleblowing on criminal government is not a R/L issue. (maybe you were being facetious?)

a reply to: Assassin82

Snowden is in Russia

originally posted by: gortex
I've supported Julian Assange from the beginning of the wikileaks releases through to now , I have no side just a belief that what he and his organisation did in exposing criminal actions of our governments and military was right.
#freeassange.

cos can't do an applause.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Washington Post are misreporting.

Swedish authorities are preparing to re-charge on one of the alleged rapes.

Assange has been found guilty in an English court for breaching his bail conditions.

Assange may well have been arrested via some 'diplomatic' agreement between US, Ecuador and UK govts but the US extradition case is to be heard at a later date (2nd May @ Westminster Magistrates).

He may have had access to Embassy gardens. Building design would have open spaces, courtyards and gardens not visible from the external parts.

originally posted by: burntheships
The timing of this is most curious, and tells me something is afoot.

Australian elections 18th May. I haven't taken a good look at the candidates but if intelligence services are concerned any with Assange sympathies is elected, they may demand he be returned to Australia to face any prosecutions for alleged crimes either in Sweden or against America.

Does Double Jeopardy apply in US law?

originally posted by: surfer_soul
I don’t think that lawyer has much of a case or even why she’s pursuing it, full story here.

link

Statute of Limitations may apply. I think the alleged victim's lawyer has to look very carefully at the allegations to find something relevant to press charges on and then the Swedish police/state prosecution service would have to agree the case is strong enough to prosecute?

Whatever is actually going on here, there is something hidden and if they are aware what it is, the press are not reporting. Personally, I think Australia should have him extradited to Australia where he belongs.

If any foreign entities or powers then decide to prosecute him, Australian legal system has the right to decide if said entities have any jurisdiction over him and if he is to extradited abroad or possibly prosecuted via video link.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join