It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: UKTruth

That maybe so but he still skipped bail and that has consequences as he has now found out. But until a Swedish court hears the sexual assault case then you or I can't be certain it was a bogus charge. Unless you have access to information that confirms it is bogus?

The rape case was dropped.
He only skipped bail because he was hiding from Americans who wanted him dead because he provided the world with great journalism.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: face23785

Did I say something funny?

No, you didn't.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That maybe so but he still skipped bail and that has consequences as he has now found out. But until a Swedish court hears the sexual assault case then you or I can't be certain it was a bogus charge. Unless you have access to information that confirms it is bogus?

The rape case was dropped.
He only skipped bail because he was hiding from Americans who wanted him dead because he provided the world with great journalism.

So now that he's out of the Ecuadorian embassy, which is apparently invincible, how long before he winds up dead? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The charges were only dropped because Swedish authorities couldn't do anything with Assange holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy.

"We will do everything we can to get the prosecutors to reopen the Swedish investigation so that Assange can be extradited to Sweden and be prosecuted for rape. As long as the statute of limitations has not expired my client has hope for restitution," lawyer Elisabeth Massi Fritz told AFP. Sweden's director of public prosecutions Marianne Ny decided in May 2017 to shut a preliminary investigation into the rape allegations. She argued that since Assange could not be reached after taking up residence in the Ecuadorian embassy in London in 2012, it was not possible to proceed with the probe. Ny also said that if Assange were to become available again, prosecutors could decide to reopen the investigation.

TheLocal.se

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

There were two alleged victims in the rape case, one of them said she was pressured by the Swedish police into pressing charges and is no longer pursuing it. The charge was JA didn’t use a condom against against their wishes. That was according to Assange anyway.

Found the full story here, what kind of rape is this exactly?

the full details
edit on 11-4-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He skipped bail to avoid extradition to Sweden having exhasued all legal avenues. You need to get your facts straight.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I know there were two women who made the accusations. The quote I provided above is from a lawyer of one of them.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
While I appreciate responsible release of the sort of information Snowden and Assange released, I preferred how Snowden went about it more. Assange seems to have his own agenda, and the release of some information seemed to be a priority based on his own likes, dislikes, or agendas. I lost some respect for him at that point.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
God, I was almost embarrassed for him how he made them drag him out of there like that.

I understand that no one actually wants to be arrested, but once it becomes obvious that you're going to be, no matter how much you object... then why not just show a little dignity by walking out like a man with your head held high?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
God, I was almost embarrassed for him how he made them drag him out of there like that.

I understand that no one actually wants to be arrested, but once it becomes obvious that you're going to be, no matter how much you object... then why not just show a little dignity by walking out like a man with your head held high?

Yeah that was embarrassing. Especially with his lawyers telling the press how they all knew he was gonna be arrested, because he knows all, apparently. What a #in show.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don’t think that lawyer has much of a case or even why she’s pursuing it, full story here.

link

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hope he or WL drops the hammer on them and releases everything they have

They want to know what he has on them? Time to show the World, WL

Hit them hard WL

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I thought you people were all about Asylum?

Unlike the illegals you support, he was fleeing genuine government persecution.

Since when have journalists been subject to arrest for the leaks of others?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

That story is from 2010. Swedish prosecutors only dropped the case in 2017 saying that while Assange was in the embassy there was no point pursuing it but maintained the right to reopen the case if circumstances changed. Circumstances changed today so let's wait and see if Swedish prosecutors do indeed reopen the investigation like the alleged victims lawyer wants. If that investigation finds enough evidence to take to court then Assange will have the opportunity to prove his innocence.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The charges were invented by crackpot CIA assets.

He was charged for not using contraceptives. Why wasn't the woman charged also?

Too bad our government let him down so badly. Should've sent in the Marines to rescue him from the embassy years ago. Assange is a national treasure, who exposes corruption hidden behind secrecy.

Snowden, Assange, Binney, Manning, all are patriots in my book.

Government can burn to the ground for all I care. These cowards have hidden behind secrecy and the law for decades while they flaunt it with impunity. Even when their staff are caught violating their own laws, they are never held personally accountable. Unless you're a US SOF operator killing terrorists/killing the enemy... THEN you're held "accountable" for PC BS
edit on 4/11/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You tell me. You seem to know how Swedish law works.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I know how bull # works. And this is 100% BS

The only thing Assange did wrong was fall for the classic honeypot gambit.

If its a crime not to wear contraceptives, why was only Assange charged with a crime and not the other party to the sexual act?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Maybe contraception isn't the issue rather than transmission of STD's?

EDIT: I don't profess to know what went down with regards to the alleged sexual assault and neither do you so your assertion that it is BS is in fact BS.
edit on 11/4/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Why not go out like a man and not a sniveling little coward carrying a book with the great Gore Vidal on the cover. Probably trying to gain sympathy.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Maybe contraception isn't the issue rather than transmission of STD's?

He should just move to California then.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join