It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dire straits of South Africa - What you won't hear in the MSM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

At least one good thing about it this time is we won't have to see the face of Tammy Faye faking concern

Or Sally Struthers, (ouch that dates me).

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

At least one good thing about it this time is we won't have to see the face of Tammy Faye faking concern

Or Sally Struthers, (ouch that dates me).

I think you might have just mentioned the person I was thinking of when I said Tammy Faye - I just remembered some blond TV hustler who wore lots of makeup and ended up stealing a lot of $$. Maybe they both did that....

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The native people of South Africa are small brown people. They never seem to feature in anyone's political awareness.

As I understand it, Zulu and Xhosa originated east and north of modern SA. Saan and Khoikhoi originated in the south and spread out to the north and west.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Artemis12
Just put into your computer "Katie Hopkins, South Africa" and look at some of her videos. She is an independent journalist and she highlights some very, very disturbing things going on in SA.
The Boers when they first settled were poor farming families and THEY made it what it is. Yes they had slaves but they made it successful. Now the indigenous population want what they have but they still don't understand that whoever takes over the land they have to WORK to make it a success. And that is what they don't want to do, they want everything handed to them on a plate. Kill the whites, take over the land, then what??
This is the black people ruining SA not white people and when they've messed it up completely they'll come out with the begging bowl and true to form they will be given millions if not billions and the leaders will do an Idi Amin and siphon off the lions share and leave their people still in the sh##.

OMG so horrific, and you don't see that on the front of the NYTimes or TIME Magazine.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No offense, but it's Africa. It f#s itself up by default with or without colonial influences. North of the Sahara, it's rife with tribal/sect violence and corruption. South of the Sahara, same tune, different location.

Just looking at the damned tribal histories alone, it seems Africa is simply incapable of governing itself without the bloodshed, greed and corruption. Like they refuse to recognize any other way of existence.
The homegrown African help in the slave trade proved they can sink to that low and stay there, all they need is enough incentive. Any incentive to help themselves crawl out of their own self-dug pit of hell, on the other hand, seems to not be worth their while since there's less in it for them (money, resources, power, etc)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am a South African.

I used to be proud to call myself that..... No more.
I tend not to speak about our local situation on these sites, not because of lack of interest, but purely because it makes me realise my biggest failure.....Not being able to take my family and leave this collapsing country.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join