It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury Declines House Request for Trump’s Tax Returns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

There would be your main hurdle as democrats have nothing to lose.

This is true, but I think that 2020 House seat replacements will be momentous.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Oh ho ho ho, on that you can be sure...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Oh ho ho ho, on that you can be sure...

Think about it this way... the Mueller investigation did three things.

One, it was taxpayer-paid opposition research for 2020 for the Democrats.

Two, it hindered the President's agenda for the last two years by, with the help of a 90% negative media coverage, keeping his approval numbers under 50%.

Third and most importantly, it changed the course of the 2018 elections.

I think what's rolling down the pipe now will reverse that.

Like nuking them from space change the political landscape of America for generations.

Let's see where this goes... I'm buckled in for the ride.

ETA.. Watergate put the Republicans out of power for 40 years.

Watergate was a President caught spying on political opponents.

What's happening now is a former President using the FBI, CIA, DOJ the AG and OUTSIDE intelligence agencies to spy on a political opponent.

What's that going to cost the Democrats?

If Trump does this right, it is going to cost the Democrats...

Everything.

edit on 10-4-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I’ll go there just because it will sound familiar...

If Trump was a poor man, would they be asking to see his tax returns?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That is way better than I could have explained it.
Bravo! Bravo!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Bravo! Bravo!

I left out number four...

Cover everyone's ass that was a part of it and burn as much information as you can.

But other than that, I'm happy with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I’ll go there just because it will sound familiar...

If Trump was a poor man, would they be asking to see his tax returns?

If he was a poor man he would have never had access to the information that he needed to dismantle them.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Bravo! Bravo!

I left out number four...

Cover everyone's ass that was a part of it and burn as much information as you can.

But other than that, I'm happy with it.

Burning the info in the virtual world would take some time.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It would set a precedent!
they would ALL have to let us see what they do!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Tell the NSA that.

I'm off for the night... wonderful thread my friend.

Till next time...

~Curtsy~

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Tell the NSA that.

I'm off for the night... wonderful thread my friend.

Till next time...

~Curtsy~

lol. Thanks for the info you provided. Good night.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
It would set a precedent!
they would ALL have to let us see what they do!

True, and I think that may be one of the things that are in the works.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That'll be the next thing to come.

When, or if, he gets his second term the cacophony will begin--"He's going to declare himself King!!" Or some such nonsense.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They are going to be waiting a long time...

This is also very interesting read here.....

The House Dems' legal struggle, paid for by taxpayers, will likely drag on to the Supreme Court. Success for Democrats is far from guaranteed. Half a century ago, in a case involving the House Un-American Activities Committee, the justices ruled Congress can't go on fishing expeditions: "There is no congressional power to expose for the sake of exposure."

In another ruling, the Supremes stated that Congress can demand information only for legislative purposes, not to investigate if someone has committed a crime. For good reason. As the president's lawyer, William Consovoy, warned, allowing the majority party in the House to demand tax returns will empower them to "attack, harass, and intimidate their political opponents." Not just Trump. Even their opponents vying for their seats in Congress.

Consovoy also reminded House Dems that Trump has "even greater authority than Congress to obtain individuals' tax returns." Pelosi and the gang would "surely balk" at that. Don't put it past Trump. He cancelled Pelosi's military plane ride to Afghanistan. He could demand her tax return, too. Tit for tat. www.realclearpolitics.com...

Yep, lets see your tex returns Nancy.

Same President Trump who stopped your junket can demand
your tax returns Dear!

edit on 10-4-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, if it worked, we could petition the IRS to get all of the congressmen's tax returns so we could see if they are getting income from any legal bribes and compare it to their lifestyle. I think maybe the IRS should set precedence so people can find out if a candidate is a crook before electing them.

Trump was a private citizen, his tax returns are not public knowledge, same with the returns of all people including government workers. If we bust this law wide open we could find out who is cheating the citizens of the USA that are working for the government. But, then anyone would be able to access our Taxes too, including criminals.

Congress can get access to them without making them public if necessary. This is part of the fallout from the Teapot Dome scandal, where the courts confirmed specifically that Congress has this power as part of it's powers in providing oversight.

The IRS has absolutely zero legal recourse to fight this. Even if members of the IRS were to ignore subponeas, be held in contempt, and have that contempt pardoned by Trump, the IRS and their servers are within the area of jurisdiction of the capitol police, so quite frankly... their participation is not required. They can delay and deflect all they would like, but at the direction of Congress, the Capitol Police can be tasked with walking down to the IRS's office and seizing either the records, or the entire servers if necessary.
edit on 11-4-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Super logical and informative message!

Did you see where Mueller's team cleared Trump of Collusion in early 2018, but keep pumping that narrative out to the media, to hurt Republicans/Help Democrats in the Nov 2018 midterm elections? But I don't think the Trump-Collusion thing was on voter's minds. They just wanted to give Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida, Omar, and other Dems, a try.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The liberal media tonight keeps using the phrases "Democrats won't be happy", or "Democrats aren't happy", as if their "happiness" is what the Treasury Department should seek.

The IRS knows it can ignore the angry Democrats.. and certainly the media screwballs.
edit on 4/11/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Congress could have had full and complete access had they followed the Amendment to the letter to lay and collect taxes on income. Instead they thought they were smart by pawning it off to the newly created IRS (which the amendment didn’t give power to create with legislation btw) which made it a law enforcement agency and therefore under the Executive Branch.

Not only did the Progressives try to undermine America in the first half of the 20th Century, their lack of intelligence and foresight undermined them now.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The IRS has absolutely zero legal recourse to fight this. Even if members of the IRS were to ignore subponeas, be held in contempt, and have that contempt pardoned by Trump, the IRS and their servers are within the area of jurisdiction of the capitol police, so quite frankly... their participation is not required. They can delay and deflect all they would like, but at the direction of Congress, the Capitol Police can be tasked with walking down to the IRS's office and seizing either the records, or the entire servers if necessary.

The odds of this happening are zero.
You will never see The Capitol Police seizing IRS servers.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

With the news coming out of how the AG believes Trumps campaign was spied on, the Dems should try stopping going after stupid snip, and start trying to rebuild their party.

well now
that is good advice
don't think it will be listened to tho

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join