It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find way to DRASTICALLY reduce autism symptoms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
...And it's something rather unusual. Fecal transplants. Yes, that's exactly as it sounds - it's an actual practice with proven medical benefits. Apparently there are hundreds of scientific papers regarding the possible link between autism and the digestive system. Now scientists have managed to drastically reduce symptoms of autism via fecal transplants.

We are finding a very strong connection between the microbes that live in our intestines and signals that travel to the brain,”

Scientists are celebrating a “world-first discovery” which shows the “highest improvement” in child autism patients

The results of the initial study involving 18 children show great promise: 83 percent of the children had “severe” autism symptoms, but just two years later, only 17 percent had “moderate” symptoms, while 44 percent fell below the threshold for “mild” autism.

The team recorded a roughly 45-percent drop in language, social, and behavioural issues in the children over the course of the study.

Media source
Arizona State University source

If it's found to be true that autism can be caused (and treated) by simply altering the bacteria and microbes and whatnot inside our digestive systems, I imagine this would open a whole new can of worms for psychiatric treatment and health in general.

Here is one possible explanation from sciencedaily.com:

The overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut inevitably leads to an overproduction of by-products -- including toxins. These can make the gut lining more permeable. Then toxins, by-products and even undigested food can get into the bloodstream and travel to the brain. In a child under three years old, whose brain is at the height of development, the presence of these chemicals can impair neuro-development, leading to ASD.
Sciencedaily.com source

edit on 4/10/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Cool they are starting to find cures for a lot of things I can see the future now, hey people the good news is we have found cures for all illnesses and diseases, the bad news... There's an asteroid coming to wipe us all out.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
great news
thanks for posting

anything anyone can do to relieve suffering / misery is to be celebrated

wonder how they ever came up with the concept

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Perhaps there was something to it all those times folks told me to eat #.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Perhaps there was something to it all those times folks told me to eat #.

Yeah and at one point people were praising ice pick lobotomies as a miracle cure.

We'll see..we'll see..

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
# that #!

"Alien faecal matter as a relief for autism? It doesn't sound logical Captain."

"Mr. Sulu, warp speed 9 if you please!"

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I wonder if this would work for older people who are autistic. I have a nephew who is pretty severe, and would love to believe there is hope he could improve!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am almost not surprised. I bet a whole list of things can be manipulated when messing with bacteria, since we are made up of so much of it.

The problem is too many chemical "fixes" for profit.

How do you chemically balance organic processes?

Try putting a dollar value on poop.

Good news!!!

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My brother had two of these and still ended up losing his large intestine due to C-DIFF. Probably not as easy or safe as suggested but still great news for autism sufferers and their families. Any good news is good.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

This seems to go hand-in-hand with research on probiotics relieving autism symptoms. The following article was published a couple years ago, but explains much and is very informative:

New findings on probiotics and autism: What you need to know

The above article (and studies) specifically refer to the Lactobacillus reuteri strain.

LadyGreenEyes: Maybe you can find some information (with cautions) to help your nephew here: Guidance on Probiotics

Garden of Life is a high quality supplement brand, and you might be able to find more information about probiotics at their website: Garden of Life Probiotics

I take their multi-vitamin with probiotics for women, which is why I'm familiar with them.

I hope something at the links helps -- good luck!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

nice thread.

myself and wifey undertook a biome intervention with gp's blessing after our grandson had his body biome wiped out by two almost continuous courses of antibiotics. being highly autistic, we watched the symptoms diminish after introducing
a gut biome friendly yoghurt on rise and shine and one at bedtime. a fantastic result after the behaviour went haywire.
3 months now. all is currently well.
f.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, if this is true, and there is an overload of bad bactria in the gut, then vaccines given too often can be steering the immune system to fight certain disease risk and make the immune system unable to fight these bacteria that are making the toxins. This could be the link between autism being more evident in kids these days. Our immune systems have limitations, especially when kids are young, the mothers milk provides some special chemicals and microbes to give the kids immunity.

It would be a secondary process, not a direct link of vaccines to autism. We do not have unlimited immune chemistry and wasting our immune system on a disease we might not get is not good sometimes. There is plenty of evidence that shows that a child has a limited immune system until a certain age, they give them many vaccines before that point which can cause complications with microbes not vaccinated for.

This is just a theory, one they should investigate....wait, they have investigated what I am talking about but the Pharma companies, the CDC, and the FDA ignore that research and call it anti-vaxer delusion. They only see what they believe is real and money rolling in is real.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Good find

It will be good to see if further evaluations/observation and testing of the ENS or enteric nervous system will help to better the human body with autism and other potentially nervous system related issues.

The enteric nervous system (ENS) or intrinsic nervous system is one of the main divisions of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) and consists of a mesh-like system of neurons that governs the function of the gastrointestinal tract.[1] It is capable of acting independently of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, although it may be influenced by them. The ENS is also called the second brain.[2][3]

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I wonder if this would work for older people who are autistic. I have a nephew who is pretty severe, and would love to believe there is hope he could improve!

As somebody who is very likely an undiagnosed adult with autism, and has had a very difficult time trying to cobble together some semblance of an ordinary life, I think it might be a day late and a dollar short, if it works at all. Even if it completely eliminated my symptoms, my life is still however I wrecked it, and it won't be changed.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Perhaps if they quit nuking moms with antibiotics right before birth, this would be less of a problem to begin with.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
S# for brains?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahaha what? What the hell is this utter nonsense? You know that there are no such thing as "symptoms" of autism right? There are just traits that autistic people have that denote them as autistic?

I'm really sick of moronic people who don't actually suffer from anything on the autism spectrum thinking it's something that needs to be "cured". It's just the way we are. And this "fecal transplant" garbage is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard in my entire life.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DavidDuchovny

Thank you Dr david for your insightful opinion, is that opinion based on personal scientific knowledge?

I guess the same could be said for people who overly react to research done in this, and any field of science.....

"it's just the way we are"

Go have some yoghurt

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Honestly, what sort of cruel @#$%^ feeds $#it to someone disadvantaged with Autism?

Probably the same people who pull the wings off flies, just so they can make jokes about them being 'walks' now.

edit on 10/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Immume system kaput by probably very good vaccines and some poor souls develop autism.

Probiotics like (paracasei - Lactobacillus rhamnosus - Lactobacillus - Lactobacillus acidophilus - Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis - Lactobacillus caseï ... ) work too. but I'm sure this 'threathment' will cost a shatload of money. win win for the winners only.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join