It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says -- This Was An Attempted Coup

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: tanstaafl

It's not so much the total number of judges appointed but where they're being appointed.

Trump's decision to focus on the Senate races and not the House during the mid terms was brilliant.

"Stable Genius" at work for sure! Most Americans still don't realize that the U.S. House is less than 1/20th as powerful as the Senate.

Republicans underperformed in the Senate in midterms. They were a virtual lock to keep it, simply due to how few seats they had up for reelection, but they still won far fewer than expected. And they got demolished in the house, despite the fact that most districts are drawn such that Republicans are heavily favored.

As far as your 1/20 comment, I have no idea how you're figuring that. The House is the (very slightly) stronger of the two houses of Congress due to the fact that it authorizes spending.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: tanstaafl

Man, I cannot wait to give you free health care and allow you to live and work wherever you want.

You know what? I'm gonna throw in some free college for your youngin's too! Just because I'm a nice guy.

Thanks, but no thanks. I never got to the doctor for 'health care', only for emergencies (if I'm in an accident or something).

Also, hopefully my kids won't waste their time on 'college', and will instead learn some valuable trade/skills and become independently wealthy.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Republicans underperformed in the Senate in midterms.

Not really, although vote fraud likely robbed us of at least 2 seats, if not 4. But, in the end, it was pretty much a typical mid-term.

And they got demolished in the house, despite the fact that most districts are drawn such that Republicans are heavily favored.

Demolished? That is laughable. Compare it to past mid-terms. The dems actually did much worse than prior mid-terms.

Also, many don't know, but there were 40+ republicans that decided to retire... FORTY. Since many/most would have won re-election, since elections always heavily favor the incumbent.

As far as your 1/20 comment, I have no idea how you're figuring that. The House is the (very slightly) stronger of the two houses of Congress due to the fact that it authorizes spending.

It wasn't my comment, and I wouldn't try to put a number to it. But, in this case, iot was a strategic decision. The Senate confirms political appointments of the President, and Trump had/still has a lot nominations he needs to get confirmed.

If he had wasted time on House races, we may not have won one or both of the seats we did.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He is the attempted coup.

He has nothing.

He's not promising, he's not fighting for the people...he just doesn't want to go jail.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LisaCandle

He is the attempted coup.

He has nothing.

He's not promising, he's not fighting for the people...he just doesn't want to go jail.

I just want to make sure that you know that there is nothing in Trumps rhetoric that suggests that he cares about you.

Or me.

Or you.

You're supporting an oligarch effing you over because you have an exclusive internet connection.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LisaCandle

Oh this is just peachy keen ⤴😆

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

If you win...

Then we get to celebrate an old white man who launders money and imposes his lack of 'giving a #' on the world.

I don't know why you care. I don't know why you care about anything...because we don't know each other.

But I would like to. Or not.

The world is stupider because of Trump.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Is the world stupider because of Bush Jr? Are we smarter or stupider because of Obama? Do you really think the POTUS has that much influence in the day to day lives of the average American? I really don't think so. I do my job the same no matter who is CEO, and I'd hazard a guess most people feel the same about their role in the US no matter who is the President.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

There you go, blaming what you see in the mirror on President Trump again.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420

Is the world stupider because of Bush Jr? Are we smarter or stupider because of Obama? Do you really think the POTUS has that much influence in the day to day lives of the average American? I really don't think so. I do my job the same no matter who is CEO, and I'd hazard a guess most people feel the same about their role in the US no matter who is the President.

If I believed that, I wouldn't be trying to convince you that your rhetoric is wrong.
edit on 19-5-2019 by LisaCandle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To be fair, your point about employees is correct.

But subtle policy points will hurt people in the long run if we keep doing this.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There you go, blaming what you see in the mirror on President Trump again.

Nice Flair.

The current President is not my Mirror.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If you believed what? What part of what I said is just rhetoric and wrong? That who the POTUS is
changes almost nothing in the average American's life? You still refuse to answer direct questions. You could clarify your position and maybe even change some minds if you actually engaged in discussion instead of dodging and deflecting.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If you believed what? What part of what I said is just rhetoric and wrong? That who the POTUS is
changes almost nothing in the average American's life? You still refuse to answer direct questions. You could clarify your position and maybe even change some minds if you actually engaged in discussion instead of dodging and deflecting.

All you do is accuse.

But okay.

Is the world stupider because of Bush Jr? Are we smarter or stupider because of Obama? Do you really think the POTUS has that much influence in the day to day lives of the average American? I really don't think so.

Yes.

The World is stupider because of Bush Jr.

Do you want to know why? I'm not going to give you your expected answer....buckle up, Buttercup.

The Bush Family stole 'opportunity cost'. All of the time that Americans could have spent on dealing with their lives and bettering themselves...and helping people...was stolen by fearmongering. Instead of broadcasting relevant information, the major news media told us we needed to wonder about people who bomb us...and you know what...the people that I thought was going to bomb us feared the same thing.

Opportunity cost.

I have to spend time telling you, and the world by default because this is a discussion forum, that you're stupid and you wasted a portion of MY 20's. And it's a considerable cost. I have to create new accounts because, it turns out that the owner is okay with superficial moderators.

And that's fine. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing and I will support the censoring of my unpopular opinion. But don't think for a second that my eventual lack of interaction is because I think that you are right.

You're not.

I'll bump that useless thread again...not because I agree with SO anymore...but because he was right.

God Damn it.

He was right and he told a conspiracy site what to think and they #ed it up.
edit on 19-5-2019 by LisaCandle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Don't ever think that I think you are right.

It won't happen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

All you do is accuse.

What have I accused you of, besides not answering questions?

But okay.

Is the world stupider because of Bush Jr? Are we smarter or stupider because of Obama? Do you really think the POTUS has that much influence in the day to day lives of the average American? I really don't think so.

Yes.

The World is stupider because of Bush Jr.

Do you want to know why? I'm not going to give you your expected answer....buckle up, Buttercup.

I have no expectations but I do appreciate you trying to soften the blow, as it were lol. I'm not as sensitive as others you might have dealt with in the past.

The Bush Family stole 'opportunity cost'. All of the time that Americans could have spent on dealing with their lives and bettering themselves...and helping people...was stolen by fearmongering. Instead of broadcasting relevant information, the major news media told us we needed to wonder about people who bomb us...and you know what...the people that I thought was going to bomb us feared the same thing.

Opportunity cost.

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you here. The Iraq war was predicated and extended on propaganda sold to the American public.

I have to spend time telling you, and the world by default because this is a discussion forum, that you're stupid and you wasted a portion of MY 20's. And it's a considerable cost. I have to create new accounts because, it turns out that the owner is okay with superficial moderators.

I'm sorry you feel I'm stupid, even though you don't know me at all. I had nothing to do with the lies told to sell the war in Iraq and I was against it as well. Getting banned is all on you and your posts though.

And that's fine. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing and I will support the censoring of my unpopular opinion.

I don't support censorship of any kind. I asked questions because I want opinions other than my own. Communication is how we convey ideas and maybe sway minds.

But don't think for a second that my eventual lack of interaction is because I think that you are right.

You're not.

I'll bump that useless thread again...not because I agree with SO anymore...but because he was right.

God Damn it.

He was right and he told a conspiracy site what to think and they #ed it up.

If I'm wrong in my facts, I welcome someone who can show how and/or why I was wrong. My opinions are mine alone and I'm willing to set aside personal bias to look at the facts. They may or may not change my opinions, but without facts I'm stuck in an echo chamber. Being wrong and admitting fault is a bruise to the ego, but I'd rather that than keep going with false info just because I like what it says.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I'm ok with that lol. I've been wrong before and will be wrong in the future. I try to listen and consider both sides of an argument, then make up my own mind.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It's not what you accused me...it's how your talk/post. You're defensive in a way that segues to your bias.

Either you know it or you don't. It's destructive and contributed to my combative tone. To be fair, I'm really concerned about what we have identified...The Mods can do with that what they want...the stacked mod situation any way...But you're right. That has nothing to do with our discussion.

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you here. The Iraq war was predicated and extended on propaganda sold to the American public.

And the Tru,mp Administration wants to do it again. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that you haven't read anything Bolton and Trump are positioning regarding Iran. And it should be met with ridicule. Innocent people will be hurt for a stupid President. THAT'S WRONG....it's every sorts of wrong.

I'm sorry you feel I'm stupid, even though you don't know me at all. I had nothing to do with the lies told to sell the war in Iraq and I was against it as well. Getting banned is all on you and your posts though.

I'm sorry I think that too. It's a mixture of experience and how you presented yourself.

That's a backwards apology and I know what that looks like...and you earned it.

We can build from there if that is a thing...and I'm okay with that. If I'm right in my perception, you'll either # on that or find a way to build that makes me feel bad.

I can deal with either/or

I don't support censorship of any kind. I asked questions because I want opinions other than my own. Communication is how we convey ideas and maybe sway minds.

Well. Here we are.

If I'm wrong in my facts, I welcome someone who can show how and/or why I was wrong. My opinions are mine alone and I'm willing to set aside personal bias to look at the facts. They may or may not change my opinions, but without facts I'm stuck in an echo chamber. Being wrong and admitting fault is a bruise to the ego, but I'd rather that than keep going with false info just because I like what it says.

The problem with that is that we have a long road to travel. I can help disprove an aspect of all the things I can disprove...But then there will be something new to disprove tomorrow.

It's been an onslaught.

I get it. It's been happening for decades and McConnell is a bigger problem than Trump. I'm not saying that I don't care about the things that Trump Supporters care about.

I'm saying that they're not going to get what they want if they can't see that Trump doesn't care.

Because he doesn't.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm ok with that lol. I've been wrong before and will be wrong in the future. I try to listen and consider both sides of an argument, then make up my own mind.

Me too.

Let's start comparing notes.,

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's not what you accused me...it's how your talk/post. You're defensive in a way that segues to your bias.

I'm still confused how asking questions makes me seem defensive?

Either you know it or you don't. It's destructive and contributed to my combative tone. To be fair, I'm really concerned about what we have identified...The Mods can do with that what they want...the stacked mod situation any way...But you're right. That has nothing to do with our discussion.

You were combative from the start, I've just been asking questions to try and find out/clarify your position.

And the Tru,mp Administration wants to do it again. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that you haven't read anything Bolton and Trump are positioning regarding Iran. And it should be met with ridicule. Innocent people will be hurt for a stupid President. THAT'S WRONG....it's every sorts of wrong.

I read the thread where Bolton said they were moving assets to the ME because of Iran threats, then subsequent posts by members like Zaphod confirmed these were already scheduled asset movements not related to anything currently going on in the region.
I know enough around here to believe what Zaph and others have to say about things like that.

I do not want any war with Iran or anybody else in the world, period. I also recognize I have no authority in the deployments or the contacts to know the truth vs the media spin.

I'm sorry I think that too. It's a mixture of experience and how you presented yourself.

That's a backwards apology and I know what that looks like...and you earned it.
So you thinking I'm stupid is somehow my fault? Ok, I guess that's another communication problem.

We can build from there if that is a thing...and I'm okay with that. If I'm right in my perception, you'll either # on that or find a way to build that makes me feel bad.

I can deal with either/or

Well. Here we are.

The problem with that is that we have a long road to travel. I can help disprove an aspect of all the things I can disprove...But then there will be something new to disprove tomorrow.

It's been an onslaught.

I get it. It's been happening for decades and McConnell is a bigger problem than Trump. I'm not saying that I don't care about the things that Trump Supporters care about.

I'm saying that they're not going to get what they want if they can't see that Trump doesn't care.

Because he doesn't.

ETA: hit reply instead of preview, alcohol is involved, quote tags might have been misplaced lol.

TLDR: I'm trying to understand where you're coming from, and trying to adequately explain where I'm coming from. We don't have to see eye to eye, but we do have to agree on the reality of the situation, the facts if you will.
edit on 5/19/19 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join