It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says -- This Was An Attempted Coup

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: tanstaafl

It's not so much the total number of judges appointed but where they're being appointed.

Trump's decision to focus on the Senate races and not the House during the mid terms was brilliant.

"Stable Genius" at work for sure! Most Americans still don't realize that the U.S. House is less than 1/20th as powerful as the Senate.

Republicans underperformed in the Senate in midterms. They were a virtual lock to keep it, simply due to how few seats they had up for reelection, but they still won far fewer than expected. And they got demolished in the house, despite the fact that most districts are drawn such that Republicans are heavily favored.

As far as your 1/20 comment, I have no idea how you're figuring that. The House is the (very slightly) stronger of the two houses of Congress due to the fact that it authorizes spending.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: tanstaafl

Man, I cannot wait to give you free health care and allow you to live and work wherever you want.

You know what? I'm gonna throw in some free college for your youngin's too! Just because I'm a nice guy.

Thanks, but no thanks. I never got to the doctor for 'health care', only for emergencies (if I'm in an accident or something).

Also, hopefully my kids won't waste their time on 'college', and will instead learn some valuable trade/skills and become independently wealthy.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Republicans underperformed in the Senate in midterms.

Not really, although vote fraud likely robbed us of at least 2 seats, if not 4. But, in the end, it was pretty much a typical mid-term.

And they got demolished in the house, despite the fact that most districts are drawn such that Republicans are heavily favored.

Demolished? That is laughable. Compare it to past mid-terms. The dems actually did much worse than prior mid-terms.

Also, many don't know, but there were 40+ republicans that decided to retire... FORTY. Since many/most would have won re-election, since elections always heavily favor the incumbent.

As far as your 1/20 comment, I have no idea how you're figuring that. The House is the (very slightly) stronger of the two houses of Congress due to the fact that it authorizes spending.

It wasn't my comment, and I wouldn't try to put a number to it. But, in this case, iot was a strategic decision. The Senate confirms political appointments of the President, and Trump had/still has a lot nominations he needs to get confirmed.

If he had wasted time on House races, we may not have won one or both of the seats we did.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join