It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says -- This Was An Attempted Coup

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: panoz77

If someone has been pushing the Russian collusion angle on social media since Trump was elected should that person be rounded up and hanged?

Believing the narrative and pushing it on social media/MSM is not being treasonous. Actively participating is a different story altogether.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

Not an actual answer.

Would you support Trump using his power to execute people from the opposing political party?

No "answer" is valid because an EO like that would just get stopped in the 9th Circuit Court anyway πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But it would sure scare the Hell out of dirt covered Democrats wouldn't it πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Let's say the Trump administration actually started finding people guilty for treason. What level of involvement should be required before they're executed?

If someone has been pushing the Russian collusion angle on social media since Trump was elected should that person be rounded up and hanged?

It won't be "the Trump Administration", it will likely be military tribunals. Don't ask silly questions.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

So anyone that pushed the Birther conspiracy (*cough* Trump *cough*) should be executed for trying to undermine the presidency?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So you'll have no problem if we just abandon the Constitution completely and start trying civilians in military court?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Not an actual answer.

Would you support Trump using his power to execute people from the opposing political party?

No "answer" is valid because an EO like that would just get stopped in the 9th Circuit Court anyway πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But it would sure scare the Hell out of dirt covered Democrats wouldn't it πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

The dems are covered in dirt, but why did trump declare a state of emergency for wall funding but not for an attempted coup?

No matter how much you stick your fingers in your ears and scream "la la la la" , the only reason why trump cant pounce on the dems not matter how corrupt they are, it's simply because trump is filthy compared to the dirty dems.

You wont accept that in reality or internet reality; you'll switch to deflect and pretend mode and scour the net for memes.

Yes there was an attempted coup, the warrant was given under the presumption trump was dirty, many indictments later and an unreleased report, none of the "dirty dems" are the ones actually behind bars or still under investigation?

Why is no one doing anything against an attempted coup or illegal warrants or obvious spying tactics? Not even trump's own family are vehemently defending trump anymore...

Keep on playing dumb and keep on chucking
edit on 11-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You didn't read what I said, believing or pushing isn't being treasonous.
Questioning and wanting answers is part of being an open society. Did Trump have any government power to investigate or suppress facts from the people? No he did not. Is there evidence of Obama's people using their government positions to do the same to Trump? I think there was but no proof that I have seen and why I included the caveat of "if there is evidence".

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

"A" for effort //

🀣

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question earlier.

Sedition

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent towards, or resistance against established authority.

Are the Democratic leadership not guilty of sedition at this point? I think it's pretty obvious but I'm not a lawyer or legal scholar or judge so I have no authority in this situation.

definitions.uslegal.com...

Sedition usually involves actually conspiring to disrupt the legal operation of the government and is beyond expression of an opinion or protesting government policy.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

That's could be an extremely vague term. If people form a protest against the legitimacy of the presidency isn't that speech and organization that tends towards the insurrection of the government?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not a coincidence Assange was arrested today. Everything’s coming to a head.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You've got a point there but sedition specifically applies to beyond just "protesting government policy" per my last link.

Conspiring to disrupt the legal operation of government is slightly more refined though. Like refusing to appoint nominees to federal positions(Republicans are guilty too) or going on fishing expeditions looking for crimes where no evidence exists. Spending millions of dollars and 2 years trying to find anything they can charge POTUS with to get him out of office. Requesting multiple years of tax returns just so they can find something, anything, they can wave on MSM to shame Trump with, even if it's not illegal.

ETA: What exactly is illegitimate about Trump's presidency? He won the election right? According to the current election rules, he won. What's illegitimate about that, other than some being upset with the result? This whole thing stinks of the same BS that Brexit is facing now. Some don't want to accept the results so they are trying to do anything to undermine the will of the voters.
edit on 4/11/19 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Not an actual answer.

Do you really need me to clarify if I want Democrats executed? Turn off the news brah

I want people held accountable for abuse of power just because they didn't win the election. I actually fully agreed with the Russian investigation to know for sure what happened.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It's a thin line that needs to be clarified especially when terms like treason start being thrown around.

If I've spent two years using my social media accounts trying to convince other people that Trump is illegitimate, do I deserve to die?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Let's say the Trump administration actually started finding people guilty for treason. What level of involvement should be required before they're executed?

It won't be "the Trump Administration", it will likely be military tribunals. Don't ask silly questions.

I thought treason no longer carried death penalty, no?

So anyone that pushed the Birther conspiracy (*cough* Trump *cough*) should be executed for trying to undermine the presidency?

except there were real issues with the document the expresident provided, or so it is claimed. If it has multiple layers and appears heavily edited, there must be a reason for that.
edit on 11-4-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's a thin line that needs to be clarified especially when terms like treason start being thrown around.

If I've spent two years using my social media accounts trying to convince other people that Trump is illegitimate, do I deserve to die?

Only one person has even been executed for treason and that was in 1862.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So you'll have no problem if we just abandon the Constitution completely and start trying civilians in military court?

This doesn't abandon the constitution. If some of the accused are deemed enemies of the State, they can be tried under a military tribunal. Treason by definition, would put them into that category.
truthbits.blog...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No, you deserve egg on your face as the rest of us laugh at you.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

The Clinton Cabal would protect them? The Clintons are a bunch of shady Arkansas corrupted hillbillies that struck it lucky; and that cat's been out of the bag for decades.[

Adjectives aside I agree. He played his sax on national TV and went from the bottom of the pile to the top in one week and then played the ''nice guy'' liberal image to the hilt. I voted for him once and that was because I was eager to see an end to the Reagan Bush era and the end of that neo-con reign. Boy was I to hopeful or what.

You call it the Clinton Cabal, I called it the Clinton Machine. I agree that that cabal was no match for the rising tide of citizens ready to toss decades of corruption, fraud and imperialistic directions of American hegemony but supposing that these problems were limited to the liberal side of the equation now is myopic.

But the choice between a shady Arkansas hillbilly and a blowhard loud mouth seedy property developer from New York left us with who could put on the best show for us. Fortunately for the Republican Party a large portion of liberal voters were were both to confident or to disgusted with Clinton that they failed to vote.

So yeah, like you I have always placed the blame for Trump on the Dem side for being not up to compensating for the changing demographics among voters both liberal and conservative.

But that leaves us with the seedy property developer who to my mind would have had no idea how to grab the reigns of what was happening among voters had it not be for Bannon and a few other con men pushing him forward. Where the liberals were negligent in accepting the vision of that pair of hillbillies so to I find to many conservatives just as happy to follow this nincompoop's every word and whimsical notion.

So to me it appears that the Republican party has turned into a pack of lap dogs while the Democrat Party struggles to find a more successful direction. At this moment it has the appearance of being crazy with all the left wing jargon going on. However I think that to be more of a ''idealistic'' appeal to younger voters and while that spirit will carry them forward to the vote, assuming that the whole party will fall to that crazy side demonstrates the same over confidence on the part of conservatives that the dems demonstrated with Clinton. The number one goal of 2020 for them will be to dump Trump.

This will not be done simply by appealing to that crazy vote among them but rather by finding a moderate to conservative dem who will encompass enough of the more liberal policies being propounded by this field of candidates while at the same time holding a moderate image of sanity and hope.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Only when applicable. Case-by-case determination.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join