It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Heartfelt Version of "Old and Wise" Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love Alan Parsons Project and consider them unique. My favorite APP song is "Old and Wise", maybe I like it more now as I'm getting old. I saw on YT other versions, it's been very sad to hear how they destroy this beautiful song.

Today, I found this couple, Adi Hayat & Inbal Paz. Just a graceful piano and an angelic voice. That's all it took to get me emotional. The way they broke down the song at the end is exquisite.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Beautiful rendition of a beautiful song.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Nice rendition. Mr Parsons, the sound engineer on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon album, will always have a place in my heart.

Not a cover but one of my faves. So clean sounding.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A great song, originally sung on APP Eye in the Sky album, by Colin Bluntstone from The Zombies. Forward to the 58 minute mark. The lead guitar at the end is great.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Do you know how Genius this was when it was released.....

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Do you know how Genius this was when it was released.....
edit on 10-4-2019 by Plotus because: OK YOU COULD SAY IT TWICE

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They didn't infuse any of their own personality into it. They just mimicking Woolfson shrug

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I love that song as well; very moving. Good voice here, and the piano - wow!! He's clearly feeling the music, and that makes such a difference. Always loved good piano. My dad played, and very well, and I miss that! Great find.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
An interesting song -- I've never heard of this fellow before, I may have to check out some of his other stuff.

top topics

join